Say if the worst scenario happened

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Say if the worst scenario happened

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:09 pm

Been thinking about this one

Say if the worst happened and Rags & Scouse both went to the wall?

In all honesty I reckon the Premier League would be fucked...lets face it...they have been ambassadors of the English game to the rest of the world since before we can remember...even though I hate the rags I don't want to see them fold not only for the reason stated above but the rivalry...don't mind if they fade...but to be wiped out completely

Personally I don't think it would happen...they would both find investors somewhere...but talking to my rag mates they have genuinely NEVER been so worried
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: Say if the worst scenario happened

Postby Kladze » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:21 pm

Isn't going to happen mate.

Stop worrying ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby ashton287 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:32 pm

who gives a fuck the poor old munes, not fucking me ADMINISTRATION I SAY, you think they were shedding tears for us in division 2 was they fuuuuuck, we'll be the new ambassadors for english football and we'll do a better job then those cheating, moaning arrogant cunts. shame if liverpool went bust though.

LOVE GLAZERS
HATE UNITED
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Mike J » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:36 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Been thinking about this one

In all honesty I reckon the Premier League would be fucked...lets face it...they have been ambassadors of the English game to the rest of the world since before we can remember...even though I hate the rags I don't want to see them fold not only for the reason stated above but the rivalry...don't mind if they fade...but to be wiped out completely

Personally I don't think it would happen...they would both find investors somewhere...but talking to my rag mates they have genuinely NEVER been so worried

i agree mate, ive said in other threads i dont want them to go under.

wont happen anyway. knowing citys previous luck the sheikh will sell us!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby gillie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:56 pm

I want them to crash and burn it could'nt happen to a bigger set of cunts."we own the PL BOLLOXS THEY FUCKIN SPOUT."i DONT HATE THEM AS I DONT HATE ANYONE OR ANYTHING BUT I DO FUCKING DESPISE THEM.They have cashed in on the Munich tragedy every fucking year sinceit happened thats real class cashing in on dead players,they are bastards of the highest order.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby simon12 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:58 pm

Mike J wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Been thinking about this one

i agree mate, ive said in other threads i dont want them to go under.

wont happen anyway. knowing citys previous luck the sheikh will sell us!

Don`t tempt it
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Burt » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:01 pm

gillie wrote:I want them to crash and burn it could'nt happen to a bigger set of cunts."we own the PL BOLLOXS THEY FUCKIN SPOUT."i DONT HATE THEM AS I DONT HATE ANYONE OR ANYTHING BUT I DO FUCKING DESPISE THEM.They have cashed in on the Munich tragedy every fucking year sinceit happened thats real class cashing in on dead players,they are bastards of the highest order.

Agreed Gilliemeister and nearly all of em that spout that shite don't even go to watch em live!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby gillie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Burt wrote:
gillie wrote:I want them to crash and burn it could'nt happen to a bigger set of cunts."we own the PL BOLLOXS THEY FUCKIN SPOUT."i DONT HATE THEM AS I DONT HATE ANYONE OR ANYTHING BUT I DO FUCKING DESPISE THEM.They have cashed in on the Munich tragedy every fucking year sinceit happened thats real class cashing in on dead players,they are bastards of the highest order.

Agreed Gilliemeister and nearly all of em that spout that shite don't even go to watch em live!

Burt i dont know about you mate but i feel KARMA is occuring and when the bastards start tumbling down the league it will be one of my proudest days as a blue.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Lee_R » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 pm

I think the title of this post should be...'Say the best scenario happened'.
Lee_R

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby cdncityfan » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:26 pm

These things do happen in cycles, though. I could see a decline at Man United or Liverpool where they are in the situation of, say, Aston Villa or Everton, but not a relegation in anywhere near the near future. There was a history to English football before the days of the Premiership and the infamous Top 4. A relative decline of all four and a more open league would be good for all involved and, indeed, better for the international marketability of the Premier League. I mean even apart from the great season City has had so far, hasn't this been a much more exciting season than those where the rags, arsenal or chelski had practically won the title by the half way point?
As long as both made Europe regularly their creditors would work something out with their owners. It makes little financial sense to send a potentially profitable enterprise into administration. Man United and Liverpool are not Leeds or Portsmouth, their real marketability is still at a premium.
Manchester City FC: the class of the Premier League!
cdncityfan
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Rangers / City
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dazzacity » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:12 pm

What fun would it be if they went under!!?? I want them to carry on but struggle like fook each and every season and maybe even drop down to Championship everynow and then lol..
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:21 pm

When i opened this thread i was presuming it was gonna be about us not winning anything this year.
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MHiggi » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:39 pm

Lee_R wrote:I think the title of this post should be...'Say the best scenario happened'.

Yeah, when I opened it up I thought it was going to be about United finding a buyer who was richer than our Sheikh!
MHiggi
Superman's Underpants

Postby shawzy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:04 am

I think the Scouse and Man u are a big part of English Football and are famous for being winners.Would i like them to crash? Yes indeed.It happened to us in those fuckin horrible relegation years and would want them to feel what it was like to have abit of doom and gloom.
I would want them to bounce back eventually like we did...I like healthy competition in the Prem and those 2 clubs certainly give it in abundance.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Lee_R » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:42 am

The only real downside of all this is that if the rags and scousers do fall apart and we start winning things then they will always say 'City win things yes.. but the Premier League isnt as strong as it used to be'. They will say that because they are ungracious wankers.
Lee_R

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:30 am

I like competition so I prefer to beat those shits rather than have them cease to exist but the idea football would somehow wither & die without them is bollocks. Their place would be taken by others, just as Leeds' & Newcastle's was.

Fans around the world would move on to other clubs, more young fans around this country would support their local clubs rather than being brainwashed by bullshit & City would have all the young kids of the future round here supporting us, as would Everton in their area.

In fact now I think of it; the football world would be a far better place without plastic rags & scousers everywhere. Fuck em, I hope they both go out of business.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:46 am

It really pisses me off that some people almost define football bt the big clubs. The strength of English football is not about 2 fuking clubs, it is about the 92 and then every other fuckin club below that.
If the ragd went to the wall, the industry that earns its money from them...media, advertising etc would go ba;listic for a while and then make the best of it by bigging the next in line up.
In the very short term it would be a shock...in the slightly longer term, hardly a hiccup....and life would go on.

Football has been going on for around 130 years, teams have come and teams have gone...football never blinked an eyelid.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BobbyJ1956 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:47 am

I don't see MUFC going under, they've been a national institution and for some folk, unfortunately, a national treasure. But they are in trouble, they've missed Ronaldo, and this is the most City have challenged them in 20 years. So it'd be a grand sight watching the empty spaces spread at OT if they have a few seasons winning nowt and slip down the league. An all-washed up ManU isn't going to happen but a mid-table ManU, that's realistic, and the LC semis should be a step towards bringing it on, barring Michael Frontzeck-type penalty decisions.
BobbyJ1956
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

My favourite player is: Ali Benarbia

Postby john68 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:57 am

There seems to be a mental block that the rags can'g go under...why not.
I am quite sure that any yank bank that feels the only way to get its money back is by sending in the bailiffs, they won't hesitate to do so.
Banks are businesses and they won't give a fucl who they are ripping into.
There will be no sentimentality when they go knocking for their cash.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:07 am

you might have a thesaurus on your desk next to your PC maybe. just a thought.

also: what a fuclin strange thread title and contents. jesus. the transfer market needs to hot up for sure if this is what we're daydreaming about.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum