Goal celebration Bookings

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Goal celebration Bookings

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:40 pm

a mate of mine reckons the only reason players are booked for taking off their shirts after scoring is advertising.

the sponsors want their logo seen, and the moment after a player scores is seen as the money shot - what they are paying the cash for.

thoughts? if true, its a bit of a fucking joke.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Re: Goal celebration Bookings

Postby ENIAM NAM » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:44 pm

Svensational wrote:I tell ya if I was a footy player and I scored in a game I would get fucking naked, end of!

Great advertising opportunity for Ginger Nut biscuits!!
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:55 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:a mate of mine reckons the only reason players are booked for taking off their shirts after scoring is advertising.

the sponsors want their logo seen, and the moment after a player scores is seen as the money shot - what they are paying the cash for.

They get booked because it's completely unnecessary time wasting.

I've said it million times before and I'll say it again. What's wrong with manly handshake and running back to your own half?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:They get booked because it's completely unnecessary time wasting.

so any time anyone runs along the side of pitch, slides on their knees or has a pile-on with their team mates they are booked?

what games have you been watching mate, cos i've never seen booking given for these kinds of celebrations.

also, after the great swamp robbery i thought that the time for celebrations would be added on to [strike]bacon[/strike]stoppage time
The Man In Blue

Postby ashton287 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

getting booked for scoring a goal is retarded, like showing a bit of passion in your celebration is something bad.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:07 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:a mate of mine reckons the only reason players are booked for taking off their shirts after scoring is advertising.

I've heard this too, it would make sense I suppose!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Svensational wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

They get booked because it's completely unnecessary time wasting.

I've said it million times before and I'll say it again. What's wrong with manly handshake and running back to your own half?

Because sometimes goals are scored at important times of the game, or against big teams, or that goal may mean they've claimed the 3points and adrenalin and giddyness overcomes some players, I know certainly that if anybody scored a goal the last thing they would want to do is shake somebodys hand and say yeah nice one and run back to their own half?

You need to watch videos of old games mate.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby The Man In Blue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You need to watch videos of old games mate.

the times have changed mate - should we go back to having no substitutes?

booking a player for celebrating a goal is ridiculous, and if what i posted in the OP is true whoever in the FA/Prem hierarchy who brought such legislation in should hang their fucking heads in shame.
The Man In Blue

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I've said it million times before and I'll say it again. What's wrong with manly handshake and running back to your own half?

I know that if I played for City and scored I'd most definately do something else than just shake hands with someone!
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:17 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You need to watch videos of old games mate.

the times have changed mate - should we go back to having no substitutes?

booking a player for celebrating a goal is ridiculous, and if what i posted in the OP is true whoever in the FA/Prem hierarchy who brought such legislation in should hang their fucking heads in shame.

I was half joking about handshake mate. And i don't for a nano second think what was said in original post has even a grain of truth in it as it was FIFA who changed the rules, not league or English FA.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Running into the crowd and celebrating I understand. But taking your shirt off? I just don't get why someone would do this to celebrate.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Dunnylad » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:42 pm

I thought it was something to do with other cultures being offended by bare chests? Sure I heard some random nonsense around the time that bookings for taking off shirts was introduced....

What about the Fowler t-shirt in support of the dockers? Maybe they were worried about what players were wearing under their club shirts??

I've not idea...just FIFA being a bunch of ar@es

I bet with the public smoking ban can the keeper now can't have a fag whilst the ball's down the other end of the pitch - bl**dy rule makers!!!
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby Andy, lincs » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Someone has been watching QI. I think it was on there about getting booked for taking the shirt off in celebration.
Living like I'll die tomorrow, farming like I'll live forever.
Andy, lincs
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 pm

can't remove it by pulling it over your head, or cover your head.
Can pull it up to display whatevers under there (bare chest, dockers shirt whatever)
Which would make it ineffective if it was to protect sponsors
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:56 pm

I want a player to wear two shirts and remove the top one when he scores, I wonder what the ref would do then ;-)
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

Diego Forlan took off his shirt after celebrating a goal and it had that weird inner layer that had folded out so he couldn't get it back on and stood on the sidelines with the coaches trying to decipher a shirt as the game was restarted, this is the reason you get booked for taking your shirt off after celebrating now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:00 pm

Slim wrote:Diego Forlan took off his shirt after celebrating a goal and it had that weird inner layer that had folded out so he couldn't get it back on and stood on the sidelines with the coaches trying to decipher a shirt as the game was restarted, this is the reason you get booked for taking your shirt off after celebrating now.

BOLLOKS - THAT RULE CAME IN YEARS AGO AND NOTHING TO DO WITH SALLY GUNNELLESQUE SHIRT PROBLEMS.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:03 pm

here you go

Footballers who remove their jerseys during post-goal celebrations are to receive automatic yellow cards. The modification to Law 12, which was approved last February by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), will come into effect from 1 July, 2004.

The IFAB, the body responsible for the Laws of the Game, decided to add a detail to Law 12 relating to 'Fouls and Misconduct', stating: "A player who removes his jersey after scoring a goal will be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

So as to avoid any ambiguities and facilitate the correct interpretation and application of the Law, a player will be deemed to have removed his jersey - and therefore become liable for a caution - if the jersey has been pulled over the player's head, or if his head has been covered by the jersey (see illustration - Removal of the jersey guidelines ).

Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

This decision was agreed on at the 118th Annual Meeting of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) on 28 February 2004 in London,
Wonderwall

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:06 pm

Footballers who remove their jerseys during post-goal celebrations are to receive automatic yellow cards. The modification to Law 12, which was approved last February by the International Football Association Board (IFAB), will come into effect from 1 July, 2004.

The IFAB, the body responsible for the Laws of the Game, decided to add a detail to Law 12 relating to 'Fouls and Misconduct', stating: "A player who removes his jersey after scoring a goal will be cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

So as to avoid any ambiguities and facilitate the correct interpretation and application of the Law, a player will be deemed to have removed his jersey - and therefore become liable for a caution - if the jersey has been pulled over the player's head, or if his head has been covered by the jersey (see illustration - Removal of the jersey guidelines ).

Under the section "Additional Instructions for Referees and Assistant Referees", the Laws clearly state: "Removing one's shirt after scoring is unnecessary and players should avoid such excessive displays of joy."

This decision was agreed on at the 118th Annual Meeting of the International Football Association Board (IFAB) on 28 February 2004 in London,

I hope they wank themselves furiously after scoring the winner at wembley in the CC final, I wonder what the rule will say then?
Wonderwall

Postby Slim » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:07 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Slim wrote:Diego Forlan took off his shirt after celebrating a goal and it had that weird inner layer that had folded out so he couldn't get it back on and stood on the sidelines with the coaches trying to decipher a shirt as the game was restarted, this is the reason you get booked for taking your shirt off after celebrating now.

BOLLOKS - THAT RULE CAME IN YEARS AGO AND NOTHING TO DO WITH SALLY GUNNELLESQUE SHIRT PROBLEMS.

The first such example of this routine resulted in quite an amusing incident; Forlán whipped Diego Forlán shirt off in excitement after scoring an 85th minute winner against Southampton F.C. in November 2002

No no, I am sure you are right, just no-one has ever seen it and you haven't broken the streak here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum