Enjoying the Game

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What Are You Looking for In Watching City

HURRAH and clap-clap-clap. I'm always happy, me. Regardless of what happens on the pitch. It's City after all.
6%
Winning first and foremost. That's what football is all about. If I want to be entertained, I go to bleeding ballet.
36%
I want manager to play the same way I see the game. I'm tactical mastermind and so should our manager be.
7%
I want to see blood and grit. And 4-4-2. Shankly once said that football is simple game made complicated by people who should know better. That man knew the score.
19%
I want to see Joga Bonito. Style, flair and skill. I want to be entertained and see quality individual performances as well as team performances. Results are secondary but of course I always hope for win.
27%
I just follow City out of habit and I'm not sure I've cared either way for a long time.
4%

Total votes : 67

Enjoying the Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:59 am

Out of genuine interest. No wind up or bullshit. Just want to see how people feel about "City experience".
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: Enjoying the Game

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 am

so you go to the ballet do you?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:04 am

If you want a proper answer then what Svensational said. I want to win but I want to enjoy watching the match to some degree.

But if you want some comments....fucking stupid thread and cuntish poll to try and justify your own laughably stubborn stance.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:07 am

ant london wrote:If you want a proper answer then what Svensational said. I want to win but I want to enjoy watching the match to some degree.

But if you want some comments....fucking stupid thread and cuntish poll to try and justify your own laughably stubborn stance.

cheers ant, saved me a post. fully agree.
The Man In Blue

Postby Fish111 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:15 am

4-4-2 Blood & grit for me. Shankly was right about people over-complicating the game.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:20 am

ant london wrote:If you want a proper answer then what Svensational said. I want to win but I want to enjoy watching the match to some degree.

That's absolute horseshit.

One of the reasons why football is such great game, is the fact that people see it very differently and people have differnt ideas and ideals about the game.

If you and some other people can't see the point behind it at all, a genuine interest, then don't bother.

Options were made to sound extreme because I honestly believe every person falls into one of those categories with different emphasis. Of course everyone ould love us to win every game by breathtaking football 10-0 playing simple yet efective tactics. But that will never ever happen. Point is, what makes YOU happy.

Furthermore you and some other people don't need to step in every fucking topic hurling insults and trying to cause non-football related argument.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:23 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Furthermore you and some other people don't need to step in every fucking topic hurling insults and trying to cause non-football related argument.

haha...yeah because you have never done that now have you my conveniently amnesic friend

Not trying to cause an argument, just airing views. I believe you are allowed to do this.

BTW. When people go on at you about "abusing your moderator privileges". Starting self-indulgent threads like this to try to support your own view is a prime example. In my opinion of course.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 am

ant london wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Furthermore you and some other people don't need to step in every fucking topic hurling insults and trying to cause non-football related argument.

haha...yeah because you have never done that now have you my conveniently amnesic friend

Not trying to cause an argument, just airing views. I believe you are allowed to do this.

BTW. When people go on at you about "abusing your moderator privileges". Starting self-indulgent threads like this to try to support your own view is a prime example. In my opinion of course.

Beautiful. Why not start a whole fucking topic about me me and me. It's about City and football we are talking about here not my fucking personality.

And this topic has NOTHING to do with getting my point, mentioned on another topic, across. None of the options there are better or worse than another except last one maybe. I WANT TO SEE HOW PEOPLE VIEW THE GAME. Is it really so fucking hard to understand?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:28 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:If you and some other people can't see the point behind it at all, a genuine interest, then don't bother.

But what makes you think you understand why Ant watches Football?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:30 am

Svensational wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

That's absolute horseshit.

One of the reasons why football is such great game, is the fact that people see it very differently and people have differnt ideas and ideals about the game.

If you and some other people can't see the point behind it at all, a genuine interest, then don't bother.

Options were made to sound extreme because I honestly believe every person falls into one of those categories with different emphasis. Of course everyone ould love us to win every game by breathtaking football 10-0 playing simple yet efective tactics. But that will never ever happen. Point is, what makes YOU happy.

Furthermore you and some other people don't need to step in every fucking topic hurling insults and trying to cause non-football related argument.

Antti the point is, nobody is saying they are not happy with winning and getting 3 points. Its the fact that the football we are playing is shite and risky and when we take on opponents who are better than Bolton, Portsmouth & Wolves then we are going to fail, simple as.

That's one view about CURRENT situation. But what I'm looking for here is the way YOU see watching City. What gives you most pleasure. Regardless who is manager and how much money we have and where we are.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:31 am

btajim wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:If you and some other people can't see the point behind it at all, a genuine interest, then don't bother.

But what makes you think you understand why Ant watches Football?

I wouldn't ask by creating a poll like this if I knew, right?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:32 am

Svensational wrote:Antti the point is, nobody is saying they are not happy with winning and getting 3 points. Its the fact that the football we are playing is shite and risky and when we take on opponents who are better than Bolton, Portsmouth & Wolves then we are going to fail, simple as.

we fail

Alex Sapphire

Postby btajim » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:33 am

btajim wrote:But what makes you think you understand why Ant watches Football?

Perhaps you're just seeking attention again.
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:36 am

Svensational wrote:"RESULTS ARE PRIORITY BUT A BIT OF ENTERTAINMENT WOULDNT GO A MISS"

This is what I'd choose too.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:38 am

Beautiful. Why not start a whole fucking topic about me me and me. It's about City and football we are talking about here not my fucking personality.

And this topic has NOTHING to do with getting my point, mentioned on another topic, across. None of the options there are better or worse than another except last one maybe. I WANT TO SEE HOW PEOPLE VIEW THE GAME. Is it really so fucking hard to understand?

OK, let's give you the benefit of the doubt and we can all vote properly but I think you are missing an option as Svennis and I have indicated. We don't want joga bonito. We want to win but we want to enjoy watching our team at least some of the time
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:44 am

Svensational wrote:
That's one view about CURRENT situation. But what I'm looking for here is the way YOU see watching City. What gives you most pleasure. Regardless who is manager and how much money we have and where we are.

Like I said, there isnt an option for what my view is.

Which is

"RESULTS ARE PRIORITY BUT A BIT OF ENTERTAINMENT WOULDNT GO A MISS"

There's a reason why there's no such option. Because efectively that would tell NOTHING about your EMPHASIS on the way you see the game.

Like I said, EVERYONE wants to see us win and EVERYONE wants to see us play well. But that's not going to happen all the time. No matter where we are or who we have in charge.

For example, there were people who were fairly delighted the way we were playing in first derby of the season and felt somewhat entertained eventhough the outcome was of course gutting for everyone. Then there were people who could see nothing good at the game, a loss is a loss.

Now, read this carefully. In my opinion, NEITHER are better than each other. It's just that these people have different emphasis on the game. The former would probably fall into category five or one in the poll, the latter would most likely fall in category two. Category three and four people could be either but considering game in question, category three people would probably be as miserable as category two people as we weren't tactically very astute but category three people would be somewhat satisfied with the performance as we should great fighting spirit (apart from De Jong but let's not go there).

So all in all, there are no RIGHT or WRONG answers on this topic. Just opinions.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:47 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:There's a reason why there's no such option. Because efectively that would tell NOTHING about your EMPHASIS on the way you see the game.

I know you should never step in between two fighting bitches, but you can't say that this option has no value as it has already been offered by at least 2 of your thousands of voters as THEIR emphasis. And you can make that three

Alex Sapphire

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:49 am

btajim wrote:
btajim wrote:But what makes you think you understand why Ant watches Football?

Perhaps you're just seeking attention again.

Wow. That's all I can say. Wow.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nickyboy » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:49 am

Svensational wrote:

Like I said, there isnt an option for what my view is.

Which is

"RESULTS ARE PRIORITY BUT A BIT OF ENTERTAINMENT WOULDNT GO A MISS"

Same here - and if the groans that were reverberating around the ground last night are a sign then a lot of fans feel the same.

As i'm 29 and never seen us win fcuk all at the moment winning is top priority just so i can have my 'moment in the sun'.

Long term i'd be happy with consistently being in the top 6 with high possiblity of silverwear every season, but being entertained!!!

lets play two out and out wingers and terrorise defences!!!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:51 am

Svensational wrote:Suppose I better take the...

I want manager to play the same way I see the game. I'm tactical mastermind and so should our manager be.

As I dont like ballet.

See Ric, it wasn't so hard. I very nearly voted the same thing myself! Although I did go for "winning above everything else". I do get especially frustrated if we aren't tactically sound. Which kind of shows the size of my ego.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum