The Point of the VAR corruption?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

The Point of the VAR corruption?

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:46 pm

Why is every decision going the murderers way?
Genuine question.

I reckon Sky, the FA & PIGMOL have a product that they want to sell worldwide. They did it a few years ago when they sold the rights of the Premier League with a record fee/
Their best interest is to have a balanced league, with a fight for the title every year. Right there in the last day.
Remember the PR and advertising they made last year and the revenue from the title race between us and the murderers.

Now this year is all in their favour, while the rest are constantly fucked. In their favour like it is not even trying to hide it. Every week, every difficult moment they have.
So, why the fuck would they want to kill the league like that?
Chelsea, Arse and United are far from having a shot at the title even next season, so who will watch this league just for the other games knowing there is no title race. At the moment, City is the only club that can give them a shot.

OR

All of this fiasco is to help them break every record we have set? Or that is it to much to think that? Will they go this far?
With how the league went so far, they will lose maximum 4 points until the end.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Re: The Point of the VAR corruption?

Postby Scatman » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:11 pm

OR

You're paranoid
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Simister » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:15 pm

There's certainly something dodgy going on - far too many pro-scouse instances to ignore.
But the idiots at the top of the EPL are killing their golden goose, which is the biggest shame.
People are turning off, both because of the delays and the fact unseen forces are making the decisions, rather than a ref who has to face the music.
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby sheblue » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:20 pm

When they win it. It will be a title tarnished by cheating.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:20 pm

Scatman wrote:OR

You're paranoid

I think we are all way passed this stage. By far.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Tim777 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:25 pm

sheblue wrote:When they win it. It will be a title tarnished by cheating.

Yep, and they won't be bothered one little bit by that fact.
That's how soulless they are.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby CTID Hants » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:43 pm

Tim777 wrote:
sheblue wrote:When they win it. It will be a title tarnished by cheating.

Yep, and they won't be bothered one little bit by that fact.
That's how soulless they are.

100% this, ashamed of nothing offended by everything
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:37 pm

It’s business and they need to sell the product. Rags and Dippers control the market and the media follow with positive clicks.

In short, their cunts and fuck ‘em. PL own the brand, Sky pay the biggest and have a say in comparison to their suitors.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby sheblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:34 am

Beefymcfc wrote:It’s business and they need to sell the product. Rags and Dippers control the market and the media follow with positive clicks.

In short, their cunts and fuck ‘em. PL own the brand, Sky pay the biggest and have a say in comparison to their suitors.

Spot on. At the end of the day VAR is a tool to manipulate and ultimately gain revenue.
In short it's not about fairness or sportsmanship, it's about money.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby PeterParker » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:04 am

sheblue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:It’s business and they need to sell the product. Rags and Dippers control the market and the media follow with positive clicks.

Spot on. At the end of the day VAR is a tool to manipulate and ultimately gain revenue.

Fair play. It is about money.
But if VAR works 100 % in favour of one team that got at least 20 points this season, while the others are constantly fucked, the league can turn into one horse race and the foreign interest will fade away.

Looks rotten in the core. Reminds me of that famous quote of Cloghie towards the Leeds players: "Throw away your medals because you won them by bloody cheating".
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby nottsblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:40 pm

If in doubt, follow the money
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:31 pm

PeterParker wrote:
sheblue wrote:

Fair play. It is about money.
But if VAR works 100 % in favour of one team that got at least 20 points this season, while the others are constantly fucked, the league can turn into one horse race and the foreign interest will fade away.

Looks rotten in the core. Reminds me of that famous quote of Cloghie towards the Leeds players: "Throw away your medals because you won them by bloody cheating".

The one horse race was affecting the brand, that’s why the former executive of the PL made statements to that very fact. However, it burdens them less when one of their major brands is seen to be battering the villain. In fact, it positively brings subscriptions on board.

Look closely at who are getting officiating decisions against them and look who are benefitting. Liverpool, of course, but look a little further down and how Wolves and Sheffield United are getting decisions against them. One team benefitted and are sat nicely just behind the top 4 even though they’ve looked incredibly average.

I said to the lad at the start of the season that the PL/Sky et al want a proper Rag/Dipper battle, not these fictitious battles they try to peddle. The Dippers have been fairly hopeless over the PL period and now is the time to elevate both to a position that can be turned into money. Well, I think that thought is now becoming a reality and getting the Rags in the CL will aid the PLs strategy.

I also said that we wouldn’t be allowed to win again and that a 19th for Liverpool, whilst breaking our previous records, would force the Rags hand. I’ll ‘Wait-Out’ on that.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:36 pm

Sounds about right to me.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:10 am

If VAR is being used for nefarious purposes, it's to create a 'story', like WWF/WWE, not to tighten up competitiveness, in my opinion: There's been a 'fairytale' most seasons of late - Agueroooo, Leicester, 100 points with the last kick of a game, domestic treble. The PL needs more 'stories' to sell, rather than a close competition, to win fans over in this day and age of easy-to-consume media. Dippers winning the league is one of those. After that, we'll see another 'shock' PL winner, the rise of the Rags, and some other storyline, all in the next 5-8 years.

It's horrible for old fans and people who watch the game religiously, but great for those who want on-demand access to 4-10 minute highlight videos, with a higher proportion of adverts-to-media.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:50 am

It was suggested on the Wolves forum that if a VAR call is ridiculously bad then the fans just walk out. Would be good to see.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:57 am

Mase wrote:It was suggested on the Wolves forum that if a VAR call is ridiculously bad then the fans just walk out. Would be good to see.

Might be actually another reason behind that.
Many of the clubs were pro-VAR inclusion in the league, even if the FA and Scouse, Spuds and even the rags (if I am not mistaken) were against.
The FA had to listen to the majority, but no one said that they would actually include the same VAR as you see in Germany, Italy or Spain. So they made their own type of VAR, the catastrophic one we see now.

If they continue the same way, many teams that were in favour, including us, will say fuck it, let's go back. So they will continue their typical cheating like they did in the past.

The thing is that the English league, for a foreigner like myself, at first when you see it it's like the golden goose, but as decades pass, you see that is actually a big turd with sparkling glitter and dust all over to make it shine.
The corruption is no near different than the one in Italy.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Sky are showing a re-run of last season. Fuck me, Liverpool got decision after decision. That offside against West Ham where Milner was a good 5 yards off!!!

They're just working VAR to Liverpool's favour this season.

Last season we beat Liverpool and the FA.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:13 pm

Mase wrote:Sky are showing a re-run of last season. Fuck me, Liverpool got decision after decision. That offside against West Ham where Milner was a good 5 yards off!!!

Watching it myself and just commented near the same in the other thread. Not the FA though mate, they have no input on the PL. This is very much the PL utilising their subsidiary partner, PiGMOL.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:59 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:Sky are showing a re-run of last season. Fuck me, Liverpool got decision after decision. That offside against West Ham where Milner was a good 5 yards off!!!

Watching it myself and just commented near the same in the other thread. Not the FA though mate, they have no input on the PL. This is very much the PL utilising their subsidiary partner, PiGMOL.

And then the Mane dive for a penalty when the keeper barely touched him. It's mad that they're allowed to do this!
Watching it again actually had me feeling sick (again). Hope we don't have to go through that again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:14 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

And then the Mane dive for a penalty when the keeper barely touched him. It's mad that they're allowed to do this!
Watching it again actually had me feeling sick (again). Hope we don't have to go through that again.

There’s some you see after the fact as well. Salah passes a ball off and runs into the box. Ball goes outside and Salah, who is offside next to the keeper, goes for a header which the keeper follows. Ball goes over his head to back post and Mane hits it in the net. Never even a mention but it should’ve definitely been called.

We won’t have to go through it again, though, as we won’t be allowed to challenge ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Next

Return to The Maine Football forum