Manchester City Ladies FC 09

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Ladies FC 09

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:13 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
edge275 wrote:Couldn't give a shit about women's football.

Sadly edge I was not born with a penis so could not play mens football. I have gone on to play at the highest level that I could being female and can do more than that.

I have been lucky enough to play football all over europe and have the pleasure of playing at wembely and Maine road. Iv captained Wales, everton and more recently city. I am deeply proud everytime I pull on the city shirt.

I would love to know the last time you repersented your country or city. Prob never. I guess it's well worth telling the gran kids you played for the dog and duck or some other shit pub team.

If you did not like the thread I can't see why you had to post on it. You have just come across as a complete knob.

SOF - YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD MAKE GREAT READING.?...ALL THE GOSSIP ABOUT SHOWER ROOM SHAGGINGS AND ANY SEDUCTIONS OF BI CURIOUS GIRL PLAYERS, NOW CALL ME A PERV BUT THAT WOULD MAKE GOOD WANKING MATERIAL IMO......YOU COULD ALSO THROW IN A FEW ONE LINERS ABOUT THE GAME YOU HAD NOW AND AGAIN JUST AS LONG AS YOU DONT STRAY TOO FAR FROM THE DIRTY BITS.

WHAT DO YOU RECKON?

She could make the odd crossover reference, like saying she got one in both ends.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:17 pm

IVE GOT A BOX OF TISSUES AT THE READY...........(AN HOUR TO KILL BEFORE I CATCH MY PLANE)

HURRY UP SIS!!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:24 pm

Sadly I don't shag football girls and we all tend to shower once we are home....alone...!! So boo to sister of Fu eh
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:27 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Sadly I don't shag football girls and we all tend to shower once we are home....alone...!! So boo to sister of Fu eh

YOU COULD AVE FUCKIN LIED!
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:48 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Sadly I don't shag football girls and we all tend to shower once we are home....alone...!! So boo to sister of Fu eh

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......IM DISSAPOINTED SIS, GUTTED , DEFLATED IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE.

AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE ONE OF THE LADS!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:10 pm

I don't shag and tell.....! Say carl how does ur misses like it?????
Sister of fu

Postby JamieMCFC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:58 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
JamieMCFC wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:honestly Andie Carolina is right about US women's footy...there are a few reasons why...firstly it's probably the most popular girls sport at a young age. And secondly, and more importantly, the US women's team has been hugely successful compared to their male counterparts. Plus there are some hotties.

Here's defender Heather Mitts, my fave. How would you like to play behind this? it probably wouldn't really distract Dazby, but...i'm just sayin. You guys should initiate a ladies tour of the US next year. My close friend used to work as a marketing director for the US Women's league. she had a blast, but alas it died.

Have you been watching any of the new leagues games WPS? Their business plan for the new league is a lot better than the WUSA and more in line with where women's professional sports are in this country.

Not that women's professional sports in usa are particularily well set. WNBA is the only one I know of.

It really isn't. The only reason the WNBA is still in existences is the league is owned by the NBA and every team in the league is owned by the NBA team in their city (except for the Connecticut Sun) All of the teams are running at a loss. If the WNBA was separate from the NBA they would have folded years ago.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:37 pm

Sister of fu wrote:I don't shag and tell.....! Say carl how does ur misses like it?????

WELL I THINK YOU SHOULD SHAG AND TELL....THE WOMENS F.A. RATINGS WOULD SHOOT UP THE CHARTS.

MY MRS IS BI SEXUAL AND LOVES NAKED WOMEN...SHE WANTS TO SHARE ONE WITH ME......SHE JUST DOESNT KNOW IT YET.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:40 pm

A litte late.......

Will update tomo on tonights game.....(CARL: Sorry no shower storys, but im sure we will all be nice and wet by about 8pm....!!)

Team: Worrall, Champ, Farrell (Capt), McManus, McLellan, Turner, Hindley, Lee, Wensley, Penney, Johnston Subs Young, Worth, Grocott, Pearse

Report: For the second home league game of the season City entertained newly promoted Leeds City Vixens.

The Vixens came into the match in good spirits after a comfortable 3 nil victory last time out over Preston. City, meanwhile, were looking to continue their impressive run of victories which stretched back 7 games and included last weeks injury time defeat of Luton.

City boss, Leigh Wood was without several key players which included influential centre back Lindsay Savage. Savage’s absence led to call ups for highly rated teenagers Abbie McManus at centre half and striker Beccy Grocott on the bench. Joining Grocott on the bench was Rachael Pearse.

City kicked off into the wind against a tall Leeds outfit who immediately began to boss the home side utilising their strength and height well. Quicker into the tackle and to pick up the second balls Leeds didn’t allow City any time and made the entire City 11 look second best. Whenever City did gain possession they tended to squander the opportunity with all outfield players culpable of making mistakes.

Leeds had threatened to score before they struck on 20 minutes as defensive hesitation allowed Leeds a throw in by the corner flag. The length of the throw caught City napping as the centre forward was allowed a free header as was her strike partner 6 yards out who made no mistake. 2 mins later Leeds scored their second as another defensive error saw the same player slide the ball home form 10 yards out to put City 2 nil down. From the kick off Leeds should have gone 3 up but City keeper, Andrea Worrall was able to tip the ball away from danger as the Leeds striker went for her third goal.

A shell shocked City attempted to regain their composure and for the next 10 mins battled hard despite not playing anything like they were capable of. This determination produced a ray of hope with 5 mins left of the half as decent work between Johnston and the hard running Penney saw the latter strike a left foot drive wide of the post.

The half ended with Leeds very happy with a good 45 and City well aware that if they were going to get anything from the game they would have to step up several gears against a physically strong and adept away team

Second started the second period at a much quicker pace and looked far better prepared after their half time instructions from Wood. 10 mins into the half Wood introduced Danni Young on the right wing for Lucy Hindley. A few mins later the same player was fouled and presented Charlotte Farrell with a free kick opportunity. From just on half way Farrell struck her second thunderbolt of the season to give the keeper no chance and her side a much needed lift.

For the next 30 mins City dominated proceedings playing fast flowing football pushing the Leeds defence back. With Sarah Penney at the forefront of most of City’s attacking moves the home side looked like they would score sooner rather than later. This dually happened as an excellent Elle Turner through ball found Krystle Johnston on the edge of the box. Johnston ran onto the pass and finished expertly for her second goal of the season.

With the pace picking up even more there seemed only one winner as chances came and went for Farrell, Johnston, Wensley on two occasions, Penney and another free kick effort from skipper Farrell. On 80 mins Grocott was given her debut for the limping Johnston, and on 90 mins Pearse replaced the impressive McManus..

With normal time running out the game went into 5 mins injury time. City continued to push for the winner but Leeds had other ideas as on 94 mins a good through ball split the City defence and saw the striker touch the ball past Worrall for Leeds only chance of the half. The whistle sounded seconds later with the visitors elated with a hard fought victory

City can reflect on their first defeat of the season which saw too many players off their game in a very mediocre home side performance in the first half. The second period saw much more like the standard expected by Wood and indeed the game should have been dead and buried long before Leeds nicked their third. That said credit to the visitors who never gave in and played their part in an entertaining game.

Wood commented, ‘’ a disappointing result today. We didn’t turn up in the 1st half and dually got punished. It was probably our worst performance for some time. However, the players listened at half time and came out fighting, playing some great football in the 2nd half and got back onto level terms. Credit to Leeds though as they never gave in. A harsh lesson to learn for our players as no matter who the opposition, you simply can’t play how we did in the 1st half and expect to win games. We now look to bounce back against Curzon on Thursday night. Well done Ladies in the 2nd half, great character shown’’.

Scorers: Farrell, Johnston

TeamRef: 1stTeam

Season: 2008-09
Sister of fu

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:03 pm

Gutted. As I was reading it I was sure we were going to nick at the end. Sounds like a great effort in the 2nd half reflecting good spirit. I really must get along to watch a game soon . Keep us posted on when games are Andrea please.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:47 pm

Finished 1-1 tonight. Really crap conditions to play in with heavy winds which we never really got to grips with. Not helping us at the min that five first team players are missing for varying reasons. We play Lincoln away on sunday which will be tough as they are pretty much semi- pro and get paid. You never no though. Will add the proper report when it's done.
Thanks
andie
Sister of fu

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Gutted. As I was reading it I was sure we were going to nick at the end. Sounds like a great effort in the 2nd half reflecting good spirit. I really must get along to watch a game soon . Keep us posted on when games are Andrea please.

Just read it & thought exactly the same, was expecting a happy ending! Ah well next time I'm sure.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:10 pm

The club should really affiliate it. I mean how hard is it to give out 2 full playing kits, a tracksuit, a training kit and a decent training facility to 8 sides?

Would probably be 0.00000001% of Robinho's weekly wages.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:50 am

Manchester City 1 V 1 Curzon Ashton
Report from Thursdays game. Will add yesterdays game on when the report is done......we got beat 1-0 at Lincoln yesterday and im too gutted to write about it......!!

Team: Worrall, Champ, McLellan, Farell (capt), McManus, Young, Hindley, Worth, Lee, Turner, Penney Subs Beckford, Pearse, Grocott, Chapman

Report:

City played their second game of a busy early season schedule when they entertained local rivals Curzon Ashton at a stormy Valley Road.

Curzon came into the game on the back of a couple of victories over Derby County, one in the cup the other a 3 nil beating last time out. City meanwhile were still smarting from a display which saw Leeds snatch victory by the odd goal at the weekend.

City’s preparations for the derby continued to be hampered by unavailability of players in the form of Brusell and Gligan, the holidaying Savage and Wensley and the injured Johnston. This meant call up’s for Nat Chapman and new signing Lauren Beckford to join Grocott and Pearse on the bench.

A decent midweek crowd saw City kick off into the wind looking to vastly improve their first half showing from the previous week. It was City who struck the first blow in anger when Hindley released Becky Lee who I turn fed Elle Turner. Turner cross being deflected behind for a corner. Early doors it was City who were pushing forward resulting in decent passing moves which unfortunately were wasted by a poor final ball.

On 12 mins Curzon had their first glimpse of an opening when a weak back pass by City saw Andrea Worrall in the City net called into action as she blocked a shot from ex-City forward Shelley James. 5 mins later City broke the deadlock as a long Charlotte Farrell ball was collected by Danni Young on the City right. Young then played in the over lapping Lucy Hindley who delivered a fine cross from the byline onto the head of Striker Sarah Penney who guided the ball into the top left of the net from 8 yards to open her and City’s account.

A couple of mins later Worrall was called into action to save a well hit Goodwin free kick. On the 20 min mark Curzon began to pose more of a threat to the City defence as City at times became sloppy giving away unnecessary possession. On 2 occasions the visitors came close from corners conceded by City.

City then began to reassert themselves when a good Hindley through ball split the Curzon defence for Young to run onto. Unfortunately for the home side Young’s cross was just to high for the head of Penney who couldn’t direct the ball home. Two mins later the same combination worked again with the final ball again eluding the hard working Penney. With a couple of mins left Worrall made another fine save when Goodwin was allowed to turn on the edge of the box and fire in a shot which the keeper parried to safety.

City had the final chance of the half when a Young flick missed the target as the ref blew for the end of a half which saw City play some attractive football sporadically, but also be guilty of sloppy defending which gave an already threatening Curzon more hope of equaliser.

The second half started well for Curzon as they immediately put City on the back foot, a pattern was to set the tone for the remainder of the game. Worrall had to alert on 50 mins as she again saved from James. City’s reply was a Worth shot which dipped over form a corner 5 mins later. The remaining half hour of the match saw the game ebb and flow with City struggling to keep possession and Curzon pushing forward.

On 57 mins James got her just rewards for an impressive performance as Curzon seized upon another City lapse in defence and allowed a cross to be sent over which James despatched with confidence to give Worrall no chance. On 60 mins Young gave way to debutant Beckford who showed some nice touches during her time on the field.

On 65 mins good play by lone striker Penney forced a corner which saw Worth’s attempt well saved. With City’s defence and midfield losing shape a little and sitting too deep Curzon gained confidence and again the home side gave away the ball to allow Goodwin to hit a tremendous shot which Worrall was equal too.

10 mins later Worth was subbed for Beccy Grocott and City went to 2 up front. This released a little pressure an allowed Penney to shoot wide on 81 mins. That was the last meaningful action of the match as both teams had to be content with a point.

At the end of the game City were happy to settle for a point given the number of first choice players unavailable against a much improved Curzon outfit. Leigh Wood, City boss, commented on his squad’s ability to battle and the character within the team.

City now move onto the challenge of Lincoln away this weekend

Scorers: Penney

TeamRef: 1stTeam

Season: 2008-09
Sister of fu

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:38 pm

You need to get back to winning ways and fast!
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Tell me about it NQDP......!!

We have ended up with 7 first team players missing for one reason or another. Got our centre half back at for the weekend and may have a couple of the the AWOL players returning.

Been a piss poor week for us and want be any easy or Sunday in the league cup when we play Blackburn who are in the prem and are pretty much semi-pro.

Some light at the end of the tunnel for me though was the full debut of our 16 year old sticker Becky Grocott who has a big future in the game. A massive step up from Under 16s football to playing against women and she was super, but best of all she is a big blue and season ticket holder. She got a bit grief off the rags in the team like i do on a weekly basis yesterday but held her own and gave it back. I was very proud.
Sister of fu

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Sister of fu wrote:Tell me about it NQDP......!!

We have ended up with 7 first team players missing for one reason or another. Got our centre half back at for the weekend and may have a couple of the the AWOL players returning.

Been a piss poor week for us and want be any easy or Sunday in the league cup when we play Blackburn who are in the prem and are pretty much semi-pro.

Some light at the end of the tunnel for me though was the full debut of our 16 year old sticker Becky Grocott who has a big future in the game. A massive step up from Under 16s football to playing against women and she was super, but best of all she is a big blue and season ticket holder. She got a bit grief off the rags in the team like i do on a weekly basis yesterday but held her own and gave it back. I was very proud.

Good good, you'll get back on track in no time I'm sure.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:22 pm

If anyone maybe interested this post has come up and I would love a big blue on board fed up to the back teeth of all the rags.....!!

Man City Assistant Coach Position
08/09/2009
Manchester City Ladies, who play in the FA Tesco Premier League Northern Division, have a vacancy for an Assistant First Team Coach, to work alongside Head Coach. Leigh Wood.

The position is on a voluntary basis and you would be required to assist at training on Wednesday and Friday nights, plus Sunday games.

If you possess a Level 2 Coaching badge, are looking to progress up the coaching ladder and wish to join a dynamic and talented football set-up, then please contact Leigh on leighwood79@hotmail.com
Sister of fu

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Blue Boy Lewis is your man.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:54 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Blue Boy Lewis is your man.

Nice...you beat me to that one. Good work.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum