dunne to villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: dunne to villa

Postby Chad » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:38 pm

Bit sad about this but you cannot blame the guy for wanting to play regularly in a world cup year and at this stage of his career. Thank you Richard for your 100% commitment in every game and especially some collosal performances over the years. Legend.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Dameerto » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:52 pm

Best of luck at Villa - I hope you find the regular first team football that you are looking for.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Let's hope this "IT'S A MISTAKE!" feeling goes away.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:55 pm

Very disappointed, was hoping he'd remain as a squad player. Club legend in my eyes, saw us through some very tough times and deserved his 10 year testimonial. Certainly didn't deserve the over the top abuse he got off a handful of people on here, guess they'll now be happy

All the best Dunney
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

When I heard about this deal, I was a bit mythed that we would actually let Dunney go to Villa and now the deal is nearly done I'm now a bit annoyed. Not with Dunney because I feel he has every right to demand first team football, but to the club for leaving him no option to move and the fact that he is going to one of our rivals; hell, why not just give him to Moyes on a free! And to be honest, I don't think Toure or Lescott are any better than Dunne is.

For me, Dunney will be sorely missed in and around the club and with 9 years of service, he's proved himself to be one of our own.

Good Luck with Villa big man, but just remember where your home is when we come to play you!

LEGEND!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby One cap Whitey » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:57 pm

I wish him all the best, I reckon he'll be a good signing for Villa. I would have preferred him to stay with us but with no guaranteed place I'm sure it would've been his decision to move on.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby bobadji » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:05 pm

he's not good enough for where we're going.
bobadji
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Ned

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:09 pm

bobadji wrote:he's not good enough for where we're going.

But good enough for Villa?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
bobadji wrote:he's not good enough for where we're going.

But good enough for Villa?

Villa have been trying to break the 'Top 4' for years now. They're not going to do it anytime soon imo.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby smurfsdabomb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:11 pm

Villa have an intelligent manager with good judgment, a quality, loyal, level minded player has no place in the squad Hughes is building.
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:14 pm

I am happy he's gone. He is deadwood to City now.

He has done great for us in the past but would be a passenger with us if we carried on with him.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:18 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:Villa have an intelligent manager with good judgment, a quality, loyal, level minded player has no place in the squad Hughes is building.

Reo-Coker, Nicky Shorey and Luke Young? Playing kids in the Uefa Cup last year because he wanted to push for that 4th spot in the League?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:22 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
smurfsdabomb wrote:Villa have an intelligent manager with good judgment, a quality, loyal, level minded player has no place in the squad Hughes is building.

Reo-Coker, Nicky Shorey and Luke Young? Playing kids in the Uefa Cup last year because he wanted to push for that 4th spot in the League?

That was O'Niell's problem though, he didn't have enough old heads in his squad leaving him little option but to play them. He said a few days ago that he needs experienced players, which he is now addressing.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:23 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Very sad to see...on a side note will we ever see any player getting 400+ games for this club again. Richard was the closest with 300+

Stevie Ireland will shred 400 to bits pal,take in youth games and years served he has been at City a fair while already.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby trout man » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:23 pm

edge275 wrote:I am happy he's gone. He is deadwood to City now.

He has done great for us in the past but would be a passenger with us if we carried on with him.

Its strange that a highly competent manager (O'Neil) would want to take City's 'deadwood' but I guess he must be an idiot. Would be ironic if Villa finish above us in the table this year. I am sad to see Richard Dunne leave our club but I am glad he is going to a good club and manager and I hope he enjoys the rest of his career with Villa.

Best of luck in everything you do Richard and thanks for being an inspiration to people to get out of their ruts and do something with their life. You will be missed.
Hoping our new rollercoaster gives us the thrill of our lives.
trout man
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Ellie and City
My favourite player is: Vinnie

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:24 pm

"Dunne Deal"
"Said and Dunne"
"As-Dunne Villa"
"Dunne and Dusted"

and so on.
The Man In Blue

Postby Beanieboy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:35 pm

I'm happy for Richard,...but sad to see him leave,....he would be great back-up, but deserves more for his efforts. GOOD LUCK DUNNIE! I HOPE YOU BAG THEM A FEW.......for us next time we meet
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby City1970 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 pm

Its gonna be strange, not seeing him lead out the team, and sitting in the heart of defence. I honestly hoped he would stay cos I really wanted him to be successful with us. And unlike some others I think he has saved us more times than people care to think about. Ok he has made mistake, but who hasnt?.

Good luck Dunnie, you will always be a legend at City.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby edge275 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:38 pm

trout man wrote:
edge275 wrote:I am happy he's gone. He is deadwood to City now.

Its strange that a highly competent manager (O'Neil) would want to take City's 'deadwood' but I guess he must be an idiot. Would be ironic if Villa finish above us in the table this year. I am sad to see Richard Dunne leave our club but I am glad he is going to a good club and manager and I hope he enjoys the rest of his career with Villa.

Best of luck in everything you do Richard and thanks for being an inspiration to people to get out of their ruts and do something with their life. You will be missed.

It is of my opinion that Dunne is a bag of shite.

I am delighted he's been shipped out.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby The Man In Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:41 pm

edge275 wrote:It is of my opinion that Dunne is a bag of shite.

I am delighted he's been shipped out.

NO WAY

i had you down as a dunne-loving hugheslicker all this time! silly me.
The Man In Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum