Ade in trouble? [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: F*ck F*ck F*ck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:48 pm

When it comes to self-publicity graham poll is in a little category all of his own.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:49 pm

King Kev wrote:Since when was it up to him?

No mate, its obviously not up to him, but he went step by step through what the ref files in his report and how procedure has been changed this season and is more fast tracked.

He said IF he is found guilty - and lets face it, he definitely will - that he will miss the derby.

Its a respected opinion in fairness mate!
Original Dub

Postby King Kev » Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Original Dub wrote:
King Kev wrote:Since when was it up to him?

No mate, its obviously not up to him, but he went step by step through what the ref files in his report and how procedure has been changed this season and is more fast tracked.

He said IF he is found guilty - and lets face it, he definitely will - that he will miss the derby.

Its a respected opinion in fairness mate!

Fair enough, I think I misinterpreted the 'Poll is adamant the Ade will miss the Derby' bit as meaning he is determined to make it happen.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:00 pm

He's guilty before he's even been tried - the media is using the term 'stamp' for what was actually a 'poke' - you cant stamp someone accidentally but you can certainly poke someone accidentally.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Dameerto wrote:He's guilty before he's even been tried - the media is using the term 'stamp' for what was actually a 'poke' - you cant stamp someone accidentally but you can certainly poke someone accidentally.

I don't think it was accidental to be honest. This is a huge blow though.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:...This is a huge blow though.

I bet that's what VP said when the ringing in his ears finally stopped.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:22 pm

Just a point but how do they prove he meant to do it? Watching Dunney all these years & Micah last season is proof of just how 'wrong' the human body can go on occasions. We all know he meant to do it but he did a kind of slip thing with his other foot at the same time. Could say he was trying to regain his balance. How do you prove otherwise? Andy Gray & co are constantly giving rags excuses for similar misdemeanours when we all know they're guilty.

Whatever happens they try to also ban him for the celebration we shouldn't accept it. Neville got a £5,000 fine for the same thing & he was much more aggressive in his celebrations. They've set a precedent & we shouldn't accept unfair treatment.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: Ade in trouble? [merged]

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:25 pm

They cannot fast track a process which includes a hearing and an appeal
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby svengali » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:47 pm

They will make sure he misses the derby. Of that I am certain.
svengali
De Jong's Tackle

Postby rick1894citizen » Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:57 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Whatever happens they try to also ban him for the celebration we shouldn't accept it. Neville got a £5,000 fine for the same thing & he was much more aggressive in his celebrations. They've set a precedent & we shouldn't accept unfair treatment.

We will see if it's the same rules for the sky 4 as everyone else then and i think we all know Ade will get the book thrown at him, whilst Rvp will get no punishment for his ott celebrations and 2 footed lunge, just like Vidic got no punishment for his slap on Rodalegga.

I can understand Ade getting punished but it really pisses me off when them bastards get away with something almost every week :o(
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby crossan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:54 pm

TIME TO ADOPT OTHER SUCCESSFUL CLUBS FANS MENTALITY.............SUCH AS THE RAGS,CHELSEA ETC;THE WORLD IS AGAINST US,WE DID NOT SEE THE INCIDENT,IT WAS AN ACCIDENT,IT WORKS FOR OTHERS,ISNT IT WEIRD BEING HATED BY THE REST OF THE FOOTBALL WORLD!
EVERYONE USED TO HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR US,HOW TIMES CHANGE.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:54 pm

This whole thing is such a load of over the top bollocks. Its a passionate game played by passionate people. Given the shit Ade has endured at the hands of Arsenal's fans over the last year who can blame him for that celebration. The ref booked him for it so for me thats end of. As far as the RVP challenge, to me it looks impossible to prove without doubt that Ade did it on purpose.

I'm hoping in a few days when the papers have got some other pointless shit to write about it'll all just fade away with no ban.

Roll on Sunday!!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby crossan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:This whole thing is such a load of over the top bollocks. Its a passionate game played by passionate people. Given the shit Ade has endured at the hands of Arsenal's fans over the last year who can blame him for that celebration. The ref booked him for it so for me thats end of. As far as the RVP challenge, to me it looks impossible to prove without doubt that Ade did it on purpose.

I'm hoping in a few days when the papers have got some other pointless shit to write about it'll all just fade away with no ban.

Roll on Sunday!!

I would not hold your breath he will get at least a 4 game ban.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:15 pm

crossan wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:This whole thing is such a load of over the top bollocks. Its a passionate game played by passionate people. Given the shit Ade has endured at the hands of Arsenal's fans over the last year who can blame him for that celebration. The ref booked him for it so for me thats end of. As far as the RVP challenge, to me it looks impossible to prove without doubt that Ade did it on purpose.

Roll on Sunday!!

A 4 game ban would be extremely harsh in my opinion and thats not because i'm seeing it through blue tinted glasses. I just really dont think its that big a deal. Players celebrate goals in front of opposition fans all the time. And the challenge doesnt look to me like it can be proved as anything more than an accident.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby crossan » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:19 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
crossan wrote:

Roll on Sunday!!

A 4 game ban would be extremely harsh in my opinion and thats not because i'm seeing it through blue tinted glasses. I just really dont think its that big a deal. Players celebrate goals in front of opposition fans all the time. And the challenge doesnt look to me like it can be proved as anything more than an accident.

See you are getting the right attitude already...........rose tinted Wenger/Fergie glasses.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Postby eastlandsblue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:20 pm

Unfortunately he looks nailed on for a 3 match ban, Clattenberg missed the stamp on VP head, and a former ref said if he had seen it Ade would have walked. FA have made a statement saying the incident will be viewed on monday, and will probably be dealt with on weds if its nessersary.
pain i can handle, but pride hurts
eastlandsblue

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:12 pm

eastlandsblue wrote:Unfortunately he looks nailed on for a 3 match ban, Clattenberg missed the stamp on VP head, and a former ref said if he had seen it Ade would have walked. FA have made a statement saying the incident will be viewed on monday, and will probably be dealt with on weds if its nessersary.

Well I hope we kick up a fuss and appeal and moan about it to the press like Bacon and Wenger would. I always get the feeling a lot of the time they get away with this sort of thing because the FA cant be arsed dealing with the bullshit from them. We certainly shouldn't just accept it.
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby david yearsley » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:07 pm

To me , even though I think he might well have meant it , it has to be extremely difficult in this instance, to prove beyond all reasonable doubt, that there was malicious intent. The problem is that the press hysteria has overtaken the presumption that one is innocent until PROVEN guilty
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:14 pm

crossan wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:
crossan wrote:

Roll on Sunday!!

See you are getting the right attitude already...........rose tinted Wenger/Fergie glasses.

So let me get this straight; you think that it's ok for Neville to run the length of the pitch, shout & scream in front of Liverpool fans & get a fine but if our player does it you think he should get banned for extra games on top of the 'stamp' thing, is that what you're saying?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:05 pm

The guy stamped on another player's face. Simple as. Ban or no ban I feel ashamed as a fan. Adebayor has been great so far this season but he's let himself down here. In the heat of the moment we all make stupid decisions, but I am not going to defend him just because of the shirt he was wearing. The run to the Arsenal fans was also a bit disrespectful, but a yellow was a fair way to deal with it.

A side note for a few in this thread. I think we need to stop this "Ohh but UNITED did this" and "So and so did that" mentality. We should rise above this playground nonsense if we are going to be the best club in the land and set the right example. The FA are not 'out to get us' they do a job as fair as the possibly can and I for one am a little tired of hearing such excuses by our own fans everytime something doesn't go our way.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum