Hughes is Blue

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Hughes is Blue

Postby Blue2 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:16 am

Blue in the face wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blue2 wrote:Wish I hadn't responded to this post, the only point of debate here is our thoughts on what constitutes a blue. No one has slagged Hughes off (although some like to twist it that way). To me a blue is a fan who sticks with the team no matter how good or bad we are and will do so until they die, not just beacause they are employed by the club to do a job. Employees in general are not what I would term a fan - a blue. There are some exceptions, mainly those players or managers that have been here for many years and continue to be connected with the club even after they have left.

This was exactly the point I was agreeing with. I just hope some people would actually read what was said rather than try to twist words and claim something was said which wasn't.

I along with most others here agree with both of you.

We wish you hadn't fuckin responded either.

How very witty, go fuck yourself
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:17 am

Slim wrote:I suppose you fail to grasp the concept of emotionally investing in your football club when you only have the choice of supporting franchise's.

whatever retard. where you got the idea that i wasn't upset is entirely your fiction...did you read any of the posts i made most of yesterday afternoon? probably not.

stop inciting just for the sake of it. im starting to think you actually are an idiot. i was being playful with my post, which clearly you can't be bothered with. just ignore it next time perhaps?

mabuhay.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:02 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:Yawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I 2nd that yawn –

the points that NQDPare missing are :

1. that yesterday we were robbed in a major game that had had a major build up – meaning

2. that we all are (or should be) raw from that and wanting to group / share with each other getting behind the club

3. the OP puts out an entirely sensible post because he notes just how determined our manager is and it is good to see him so committed and seemingly very 'anti-scum' - something that posters on here have doubted - this was a good thing to share - so

4. this would have been a worthwhile thread and understandably CITY fans would have liked to comment on that - it was good to see Hughes being so clearly pro-CITY

5. but almost straight away we get the same old same old 'position' from NQDP that diverts the thread onto some semantic bollocks about the definition of a blue and 4 pages later that has been it - with NQDP posting almost as many posts as everyone esle put together - and now these latest - see I was right posts - MISSING THE POINT THAT HE STOPPED CITY FANS DISCUSSING SOMETHING WORTHWHILE TO INDULGE HIMSELF For what it is worth in line with the original post - there can be very few 'pure' blues unless like me you have been going since you able to walk / talk and have remained dedicated going to almost all games for decades. Everyone else has to earn the right to be called a blue - and of course many many do - but for that there is a starting point for everyone

Colin Bell was not a blue to begin with
Francis was not a Blue to begin with
Joe Mercer was not a blue to begin with
Tony Book was not a blue to begin with
NQDP was not a blue to begin with

Etc etc - the status had to be developed / earned

Mark Hughes most certainly was not a blue to begin and for me it is far too early to be giving him that accolade – but the ‘spirit’ of what the OP was drawing attention to was how good it was to see him seemingly passionate about all things CITY – Like everyone else (even more so in this case) the manager will have to be on a journey to earn the accolade - but this was perhaps a start? - now that was worth 4 pages of discussion by fans – not self-indulgent semantics

Why would you pick me? I thought I merely agreed with Blue2's fine posts on this thread. The answer is of course because you are shit stirring little prick. That opinion is mine by the way, not my opinion as moderator. Although I'm sure you'll start shit stirring that as well. All you've actually done in your time here is to spout complete and utter shite.

Furthermore you go and drag this argument to other threads more or less doing nothing but picking fights. That's what you've done eversince you joined this site.

And if you think content of a topic is worth a yawn then why do you even bother contributing? I think we all know why. Because you are little shit stirrer. That's why.

Now take that might fine high horse of yours and fuck off.

Thank you.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Blue in the face » Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:20 pm

Blue2 wrote:
Blue in the face wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Blue2 wrote:Wish I hadn't responded to this post, the only point of debate here is our thoughts on what constitutes a blue. No one has slagged Hughes off (although some like to twist it that way). To me a blue is a fan who sticks with the team no matter how good or bad we are and will do so until they die, not just beacause they are employed by the club to do a job. Employees in general are not what I would term a fan - a blue. There are some exceptions, mainly those players or managers that have been here for many years and continue to be connected with the club even after they have left.

This was exactly the point I was agreeing with. I just hope some people would actually read what was said rather than try to twist words and claim something was said which wasn't.

I along with most others here agree with both of you.

We wish you hadn't fuckin responded either.

How very witty, go fuck yourself

Talking about fuckin oneself..................how did your operation go. (Genuine question. Not being funny).
Blue in the face
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby crossan » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Yes he has surely won over any lingering doubters now.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum