Garry Cook [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Garry Cook [merged]

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:02 pm

ant london wrote:John, I don't think it was a veiled dig to be honest. It was pretty obvious what the target group of the comment was.....and it was aimed at a much wider audience than just Carl and NQDP.

Look, I just cannot be arsed with constant squabbling about who should get out of our club. Yes, I realise actually that my original post didn't exactly soothe matters and I should have just not bothered commenting if I am honest. The post was borne out of pure frustration.

I want us all to just get behind everyone for now. No-one has done anything disastrous. Cockie has made a few gaffes but, as someone else said, anyone who'd taken that conference would have ended up looking daft.

There are enough knives out for City at the moment without contributing our own from within is all I really meant to say. The next part of the season is going to be gripping and I just want to enjoy it.

i thought you were banned?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Kippax,
I was not posting about our ambitions on the pitch, that is a completely seperate issue and one that is affected by Mancini's performance and not Cook's. My only point was that how the Manchester City brand is seen throughout the World from a marketting aspect.
Our owners are actively seeking success in both spheres.

Personally it matters very little how the rest of the world see us..it is important to our Sheiks.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:13 pm

john68 wrote:Kippax,
I was not posting about our ambitions on the pitch, that is a completely seperate issue and one that is affected by Mancini's performance and not Cook's. My only point was that how the Manchester City brand is seen throughout the World from a marketting aspect.
Our owners are actively seeking success in both spheres.

Personally it matters very little how the rest of the world see us..it is important to our Sheiks.

You can't have it both ways John. Either he's too corporate or he's not polished enough. In my mind, he's doing an average job in a role that he's still learning -- a lot like Hughes. He may not have the football background many would like, but he's a marketeer, and if the board thinks, like Hughes, he shouldn't be given the range to learn his new job on their dime with our brand then he'll be sacked as well.

I for one don't have the issues others do with Cook. In fact, i think Milan did bottle it just for the record.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:32 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
ant london wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:So instead of debating, just attack other people on the board eh? Isnt that what caused the divisions in the first place.

Firstly, no that isn't what caused the divisions. What caused the divisions for me was having to listen to people with quite dogmatic agendas re the management twisting every fact, happening or bit of press bollocks into more fuel for their anti-whoever agenda. The fact that they often then went on to act like kids in the playground slinging insults was neither here nor there for me

I don't think I attacked anyone for the record. Did I quote anyone? Was it addressed to anyone insulting them? No I don't think it was was it?

But....I think you will find that this section deals with the debating part or did you just skip over that. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good bit of outrage eh

ant london wrote:There is no requirement to like a corporate figure like Cook. Indeed to be emotionally attached to one clouds judgement IMO (look at Bernstein or Rick Parry....both hugely flawed in terms of performance but given carte blanche because "the fans like them") so if you don't like Garry Cook....enjoy the bitterness and frustration of him not going anywhere.

meh, here was me getting all confused because you said you didnt intend to get into in a debate, yet there you were doing it

And as for naming people, dont play people for dickheads. Carl and NQDP made negative comments in the thread and were the chief "tubthumpers" you referred to, suggesting that next on the agenda was Cook.

All I ask is that people call a spade a spade and say what we mean, instead of your veiled digs at others on the site.

I MIGHT BE A CUNT BUT AT LEAST I SAY IT HOW IT IS..RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY.

WHAT ANT OR ANYONE SAYS WITH VEILED DIGS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A COWARDS WAY - I SUGGEST THEY DIRECT INSULTS WHERE THEY ARE INTENDED OR DONT BOTHER AT ALL.

AS FOR THE COOK SITUATION - ALL IM ASKING IS FOR HIM IS TO BE MORE COMPOSED AND TO GET HIS FACTS RIGHT BEFORE HE OPENS HIS MOUTH......IT,S A FACT THATS HE,S MADE US LOOK STUPID A FEW TIMES...IT CANT GO ON AS IT,S EMBARRASING.
IT,S NOT HARD IS IT?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:44 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
ant london wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:So instead of debating, just attack other people on the board eh? Isnt that what caused the divisions in the first place.

Firstly, no that isn't what caused the divisions. What caused the divisions for me was having to listen to people with quite dogmatic agendas re the management twisting every fact, happening or bit of press bollocks into more fuel for their anti-whoever agenda. The fact that they often then went on to act like kids in the playground slinging insults was neither here nor there for me

I don't think I attacked anyone for the record. Did I quote anyone? Was it addressed to anyone insulting them? No I don't think it was was it?

But....I think you will find that this section deals with the debating part or did you just skip over that. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good bit of outrage eh

ant london wrote:There is no requirement to like a corporate figure like Cook. Indeed to be emotionally attached to one clouds judgement IMO (look at Bernstein or Rick Parry....both hugely flawed in terms of performance but given carte blanche because "the fans like them") so if you don't like Garry Cook....enjoy the bitterness and frustration of him not going anywhere.

meh, here was me getting all confused because you said you didnt intend to get into in a debate, yet there you were doing it

And as for naming people, dont play people for dickheads. Carl and NQDP made negative comments in the thread and were the chief "tubthumpers" you referred to, suggesting that next on the agenda was Cook.

All I ask is that people call a spade a spade and say what we mean, instead of your veiled digs at others on the site.

WHAT ANT OR ANYONE SAYS WITH VEILED DIGS IS NOTHING MORE THAN A COWARDS WAY - I SUGGEST THEY DIRECT INSULTS WHERE THEY ARE INTENDED OR DONT BOTHER AT ALL.

AS FOR THE COOK SITUATION - ALL IM ASKING IS FOR HIM IS TO BE MORE COMPOSED AND TO GET HIS FACTS RIGHT BEFORE HE OPENS HIS MOUTH......IT,S A FACT THATS HE,S MADE US LOOK STUPID A FEW TIMES...IT CANT GO ON AS IT,S EMBARRASING.
IT,S NOT HARD IS IT?

You, my friend, are a cunt.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
ant london wrote:

IT,S NOT HARD IS IT?

You, my friend, are a cunt.

AND THATS WHY I LIKE YOU MATE - YOU ALSO SAY IT HOW IT IS.
RESPECT AMIGOTE !
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:58 pm

;))
Original Dub

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:58 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I MIGHT BE A CUNT BUT AT LEAST I SAY IT HOW IT IS..RIGHTLY OR WRONGLY.

IT,S NOT HARD IS IT?

or at least get his story straight with his accomplice
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby ant london » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Mate, it wasn't intended to be a fucking insult. If I think you're a cunt I'll tell you that you are and I'd happily say it to your face never mind on a bloody forum.

That's my whole point which I thought I had made pretty clearly. I don't think any of you are pricks....ie. You, KK, NQDP, Socrates, Slim...all that lot. You can act like total pricks but I don't actually think that you are knobheads.

So why should I start calling you dicks if I don't think you are.

I just can't be arsed carrying this on.

In future Carl, I'll quote you all when I'm going to imply that you are cunts....that way at least you'll be happy
Last edited by ant london on Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:21 pm

ant london wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Mate, it wasn't intended to be a fucking insult. If I think you're a cunt I'll tell you that you are and I'd happily say it to your face never mind on a bloody forum.

That's my whole point which I thought I had made pretty clearly. I don't think any of you are pricks....ie. You, KK, NQDP, Socrates, Slim...all that lot. You can act like total pricks but I don't actually think that you are knobheads.

So why should I start calling you dicks if I don't think you are.

WHETHER OR NOT YOU REALISE IT MATE YOU HAVE MADE VEILED DIGS AT MYSELF AND NQDP ET AL.........I DONT KNOW WHY YOUR NOW SAYING YOU HAVENT WHEN IT,S THERE IN BLACK AND WHITE.

ANYWAY - IM NOT ONE FOR FALLING OUT WITH YOU AS I ACTUALLY LIKE THE MAJORITY OF YOUR POSTS - I JUST PREFER A SPADE TO BE CALLED A SPADE INSTEAD OF DRESSING IT UP ECT.

NO WORRIES.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:34 pm

Mate, my point is that they were NOT veiled. They were quite (I thought) obviously directed towards the group of you. If specifics are needed then mainly I was thinking of Antti and KK when I wrote it. You, Socs and Slim I don't actually have any real issue with your views to be honest. It's the other two who currently have me shaking my head at the computer when they come out with stuff.

What I meant, however, was that it wasn't in my mind an insult. Calling someone a cunt/wanker/knobhead is an insult.

I said " If the delightful chaps who were chief tubthumpers for Hughes Out want to switch their focus now to Cook out. Well let them. I personally find them more and more pathetic as time goes on". To me that's just a statement of how I view the posters' views on this subject. It is not an insult.

And ditto I've no intention of falling out with any of you to be honest. I like you all as posters (and have done consistently even through the last 18 months). It's just on the MH question and now the Cook issue that I find myself unable to find any common ground with you all most of the time

I think the above forum rules say "respect other members". That's why I don't just come out with "FFS Poster X...you're a cunt". You obviously see that as me being veiled/cowardly but that is not the reason I phrased it in the way I did
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby King Kev » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 pm

At no point have I said that I want Cook out.

Thank you.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:54 pm

King Kev wrote:At no point have I said that I want Cook out.

Thank you.

HA HA HA HA..I FUCKING LOVE YOU MAN...WELCOME BACK, YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED !
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:22 pm

Thank you.

Yeah, don't mean that your not a clunt though ;-)

So, do you want Cook out though; and to keep it on topic, what about Robbie and Ade?

And CARL, someone's had off with your Clooney picture mate, did you copyright it?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Thank you.

So, do you want Cook out though; and to keep it on topic, what about Robbie and Ade?

And CARL, someone's had off with your Clooney picture mate, did you copyright it?

MY STUNNINGLY GOOD LOOKS HAVE UPSET THE HIERARCHY AND THEY HAVE DECIDED TO DELETE ME..........UTTER UTTER CUNTS.
WW I BLAME YOU - JUST COS YOU LOST THE PLOT RECENTLY THERES NO NEED TO DELETE THAT FANTASTIC PORTRAIT!!
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby rick1894citizen » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:31 pm

Maybe i am in a minority but i don't dislike Garry and think he is doing a good job of raising our profile and the club has never been closer to the fans imo, with the likes of turning the printworks blue and the new OS.

He was spot on in the press conference but should of been more ruthless with them and said fuck off with your stupid interrogation as i wont be replying to any of it and we will leave if the questions are not on the new managers thoughts and philosophy.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:32 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Maybe i am in a minority but i don't dislike Garry and think he is doing a good job of raising our profile and the club has never been closer to the fans imo, with the likes of turning the printworks blue and the new OS.

He was spot on in the press conference but should of been more ruthless with them and said fuck off with your stupid interrogation as i wont be replying to any of it and we will leave if the questions are not on the new managers thoughts and philosophy.

MAYBE I SHOULD APPLY FOR PART TIME PRESS OFFICER.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:WW I BLAME YOU - JUST COS YOU LOST THE PLOT RECENTLY THERES NO NEED TO DELETE THAT FANTASTIC PORTRAIT!!

You have to have something in order to lose it carl, however, here is your piccy

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby King Kev » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Thank you.

No - But some people will choose not to read/believe this because I didn't like hughes, therefore I must want to get rid of the man who got rid of him!?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:14 pm

ant london wrote:Mate, my point is that they were NOT veiled. They were quite (I thought) obviously directed towards the group of you. If specifics are needed then mainly I was thinking of Antti and KK when I wrote it. You, Socs and Slim I don't actually have any real issue with your views to be honest. It's the other two who currently have me shaking my head at the computer when they come out with stuff.

What I meant, however, was that it wasn't in my mind an insult. Calling someone a cunt/wanker/knobhead is an insult.

I said " If the delightful chaps who were chief tubthumpers for Hughes Out want to switch their focus now to Cook out. Well let them. I personally find them more and more pathetic as time goes on". To me that's just a statement of how I view the posters' views on this subject. It is not an insult.

And ditto I've no intention of falling out with any of you to be honest. I like you all as posters (and have done consistently even through the last 18 months). It's just on the MH question and now the Cook issue that I find myself unable to find any common ground with you all most of the time

I think the above forum rules say "respect other members". That's why I don't just come out with "FFS Poster X...you're a cunt". You obviously see that as me being veiled/cowardly but that is not the reason I phrased it in the way I did

just like Cook, you should stop apologizing.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum