City to ask permission for Joe to come back [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City to ask permission for Joe to come back [merged]

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:08 am

One of the more reliable sources over at Bluemoon states that we are apparently in talks with Birmingham and that we will get Joe Hart back.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Chad » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:12 am

BBC Sport saying we've enquired about Fulop as posted yesterday.
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:13 am

avoidconfusion wrote:One of the more reliable sources over at Bluemoon states that we are apparently in talks with Birmingham and that we will get Joe Hart back.

are you on a wind-up with that designation?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:16 am

Nah mate, there are definitely one or two blokes over there who do have some genuine connection to the club and know a few things. At least this guy has never come across as a fluke.
avoidconfusion

Postby Beeks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:23 am

brite blu sky wrote:MEN reporting that the prem hinting that they would allow a Hart recall from Brum.

i thought this would be unlikely, but suggestions are that it could just be a matter of cash.

Apparently we will have to pay Birmingham compensation to get our own player back..

you couldn't make it up!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Chad » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:24 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
brite blu sky wrote:MEN reporting that the prem hinting that they would allow a Hart recall from Brum.

i thought this would be unlikely, but suggestions are that it could just be a matter of cash.

Apparently we will have to pay Birmingham compensation to get our own player back..

you couldn't make it up!

If they've paid for a season long loan and don't have him all season long then surely they're in line for compensation?
Chad
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:25 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Nah mate, there are definitely one or two blokes over there who do have some genuine connection to the club and know a few things. At least this guy has never come across as a fluke.

Bollocks. There are couple of lads that might have some connections, like Ric himself, but seem to stay hush about it. 99.9999999999% of people in Blue Moon who come through as having some connections, or being in the know if you will, are full of shit.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 am

Chad wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

you couldn't make it up!

If they've paid for a season long loan and don't have him all season long then surely they're in line for compensation?

Hmmm...not sure that's how it works...I very much doubt that a great deal of money exchanges hands initially...more like an agreement to pay his wages which I assume is like all us mere mortals...on a monthly basis
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:30 am

It's hardly rocket science to work out that we will try everything we can to get our own player back in the circumstances we are in. It's equally not rocket science to expect that somebody on BMoon will claim to be ITK and say it is going on.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby daved » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:46 am

Sky reporter collared Manchin at the airport this morning, said to him why do you need a loan keeper when you have NINE keepers on the books.
daved
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: The Blues

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:47 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Chad wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

you couldn't make it up!

Hmmm...not sure that's how it works...I very much doubt that a great deal of money exchanges hands initially...more like an agreement to pay his wages which I assume is like all us mere mortals...on a monthly basis

The only thing that Brum has at stake here is prize money for where they finish. It might be they want to be compensated if they fall from where they are. I cannot blame them for asking for the moon. I say offer them some cash a loan them a player next season not named Joe Hart. Weiss? Boyata? Ibrahaim?
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mike J » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:50 am

daved wrote:Sky reporter collared Manchin at the airport this morning, said to him why do you need a loan keeper when you have NINE keepers on the books.

wonder if that would of happened if the rags had all their 1st choice keepers out.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:00 pm

daved wrote:Sky reporter collared Manchin at the airport this morning, said to him why do you need a loan keeper when you have NINE keepers on the books.

We have nine keepers in books? What does he count U14 keepers as well?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ruralblue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Sky Sports understands:- "Manchester City have just made a bid to bring Fulop in on loan for the rest of the season". I hope to understand them to be wrong and hope this afternoon i hear "Man City CONFIRM that Joe Hart is coming home"
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:12 pm

ruralblue wrote:Sky Sports understands:- "Manchester City have just made a bid to bring Fulop in on loan for the rest of the season". I hope to understand them to be wrong and hope this afternoon i hear "Man City CONFIRM that Joe Hart is coming home"

The Hungarian bloke from Sunderland????? For real????? I'd rather take my chances with that Nicky Weaver lookalike from Faroes to be honest.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Nearly: (I have now sent in a suitable comment about this article!)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 108967.ece

Take your pick

Shay Given cannot have envisaged the goalkeeping crisis that he had sparked as he left the field at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday night. He was in too much pain from his dislocated shoulder to care, anyway. Given’s injury forced City into putting pressure on the Premier League yesterday to allow them to sign an emergency replacement.

Joe Hart, 23

Became No 1 under Sven-Göran Eriksson but, with Given’s arrival, is now on loan with Birmingham City.

Stuart Taylor, 29

Signed by Mark Hughes in July 2009 after being released by Aston Villa. Recently had knee surgery.

David González, 27

Colombia international. Free agent last year, joined City after trial. Sidelined with a groin injury.

Loris Karius, 17

German persuaded to move to City from Stuttgart by Hughes in May last year.

Tobias Johansen, 19

Norwegian who has been loaned to Kongsvinger in his homeland. Signed extension to his contract in 2008.

James Wood, 19

Welsh-born Scot, son of the former Arsenal, Everton and Scotland goalkeeper, George Wood.

Nathan Dean, 18

Manchester United-supporting youngster. Spotted as a schoolboy in St Helens in 2004.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby ruralblue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:19 pm

Now changed to "understand made an initial approach", thank fuck i'm off out to work instead of sat watching the same repeated shit rest of the day.

What i don't get is that surely Gunner has played some reserves games this season (can anyone confirm this and how he did?) and he isn't at the club cause he's shite is he?
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Mase » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:21 pm

ruralblue wrote:Now changed to "understand made an initial approach", thank fuck i'm off out to work instead of sat watching the same repeated shit rest of the day.

What i don't get is that surely Gunner has played some reserves games this season (can anyone confirm this and how he did?) and he isn't at the club cause he's shite is he?

Think Doug mentioned him in training a few times, maybe as a decent shot stopper??
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:29 pm

john@staustell wrote:

Nearly: (I have now sent in a suitable comment about this article!)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 108967.ece

Take your pick

Shay Given cannot have envisaged the goalkeeping crisis that he had sparked as he left the field at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday night. He was in too much pain from his dislocated shoulder to care, anyway. Given’s injury forced City into putting pressure on the Premier League yesterday to allow them to sign an emergency replacement.

Joe Hart, 23

Became No 1 under Sven-Göran Eriksson but, with Given’s arrival, is now on loan with Birmingham City.

Stuart Taylor, 29

Signed by Mark Hughes in July 2009 after being released by Aston Villa. Recently had knee surgery.

David González, 27

Colombia international. Free agent last year, joined City after trial. Sidelined with a groin injury.

Loris Karius, 17

German persuaded to move to City from Stuttgart by Hughes in May last year.

Tobias Johansen, 19

Norwegian who has been loaned to Kongsvinger in his homeland. Signed extension to his contract in 2008.

James Wood, 19

Welsh-born Scot, son of the former Arsenal, Everton and Scotland goalkeeper, George Wood.

Nathan Dean, 18

Manchester U***d-supporting youngster. Spotted as a schoolboy in St Helens in 2004.

Well isn't that a jolly crop. Seven goalkeepers. Four are teenagers. Some Columbian chap I've never heard of and didn't even know plays for us and one feller who is on loan that we WOULD love to have back. And injured Stuart Taylor. Aren't we spoiled.

Oh, and fuck that rag twat off the Academy.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:45 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:Nah mate, there are definitely one or two blokes over there who do have some genuine connection to the club and know a few things. At least this guy has never come across as a fluke.

Bollocks. There are couple of lads that might have some connections, like Ric himself, but seem to stay hush about it. 99.9999999999% of people in Blue Moon who come through as having some connections, or being in the know if you will, are full of shit.

Possibly... but:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 644269.stm

Of course that does not say we will get Joe Hart back but does not look too bleak.
avoidconfusion

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum