Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mase » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:29 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:BBC -

Chelsea: Vincent Kompany and Mauricio Pochettino on Chelsea shortlist

Kompany would have to be an absolute moron to go there.

Vinny needs to get out of Burnley ASAP - bunch of Yank chancers - took the PL parachute payments for themselves,

Yank Burnley owners or Yank Chelsea owner..
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Simister » Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:44 pm

Any media channels asking why the ref played a total of 16 minutes extra time at Arse v Saints tonight???

How blatant does it have to be before they challenge their paymasters?
Simister
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: SWP

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:48 am

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:BBC -

Chelsea: Vincent Kompany and Mauricio Pochettino on Chelsea shortlist

Kompany would have to be an absolute moron to go there.

Vinny needs to get out of Burnley ASAP - bunch of Yank chancers - took the PL parachute payments for themselves,

Yank Burnley owners or Yank Chelsea owner..

he will do less harm to his reputation as a manager staying at Burnley than going to the Spuds.

He may leave Burnley , but i don't think they will sack him if he keeps them in the PL
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby hayling22 » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:19 am

I have seen some media shit thrown at us over the years, but this is one of the vilest pieces ever...

Manchester City’s perfection is laced with coldness and unease

Barney Ronay - The Guardian

Part of the script

Yet there is still something jarring about this spectacle. For all the obvious brilliance of the football, Manchester City are also a cold project. The players are wonderful. The pieces revolve with perfect synchronicity. So why does it feel like processed fillet steak, like AI Beethoven, like a literary masterpiece written by a super computer?

In part this is simply tribalism. Here are a club on their way to winning a league that has in effect charged them with cheating; and also entering the final stages of the previous competition to accuse them of cheating. Some champion teams have a strut. City’s basic vibe is something closer to an unceasing V-sign from the VIP lounge seats.

Perhaps there is also something unexpressed here, a sublimated unease. For all the performative regime-love, the bizarre embrace of the vice-president of Abu Dhabi as a fond and kindly Father Christmas figure, no one, deep down, wants to be treated as a political glove puppet. We will take your passion, your love, your loyalty and wear it like a campaign hat. Is this really a happy situation?

The full article is here, despicable twat!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... and-unease
hayling22
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Dennis Tueart

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:34 am

I won't waste my time reading the link. Yet more of the "It's boring watching City' brigade - where's the fun in knowing the outcome. As we have all said SO MANY times, I cannot remember such observations when either of the two red shite's at opposite ends of the east lancs were in their pomp nor can I remember anyone calling out Edwards for selling condemned meat to school children or scouse being bankrolled by the Moore family little old City breaking their tiny hearts Expect more of the same as we tick the games off
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:48 am

salford city wrote:I won't waste my time reading the link. Yet more of the "It's boring watching City' brigade - where's the fun in knowing the outcome. As we have all said SO MANY times, I cannot remember such observations when either of the two red shite's at opposite ends of the east lancs were in their pomp nor can I remember anyone calling out Edwards for selling condemned meat to school children or scouse being bankrolled by the Moore family little old City breaking their tiny hearts Expect more of the same as we tick the games off

You missed the scouse bastards being sponsored by convicted money launderers.
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby sheblue » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:54 am

Now they seem to be a very serious top 4 contenders Newcastle, a new threat to the cartel, should get plenty of shit now.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:18 am

sheblue wrote:Now they seem to be a very serious top 4 contenders Newcastle, a new threat to the cartel, should get plenty of shit now.

You can bet the Holts, Herberts, Deloonys and Harris’s of this world will be opening fire with the big guns when they do establish top four position. All the Saudi Yuman rites shit will be aimed at them. Might take the heat off us?
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:11 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:
sheblue wrote:Now they seem to be a very serious top 4 contenders Newcastle, a new threat to the cartel, should get plenty of shit now.

You can bet the Holts, Herberts, Deloonys and Harris’s of this world will be opening fire with the big guns when they do establish top four position. All the Saudi Yuman rites shit will be aimed at them. Might take the heat off us?

The summer transfer window should be interesting with the geordies looking to upgrade their existing squad. Had to laugh at Pickford the other night banging his badge at the end. He will be first out the door if blue scouse drop - though doubt there will be a queue for him.
Looking forward to seeing the press and cartel reaction as that will be 2 spots gone to us and the geordies I can see them petitioning for an extra chumps league spot
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby sheblue » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:10 pm

salford city wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:

The summer transfer window should be interesting with the geordies looking to upgrade their existing squad. Had to laugh at Pickford the other night banging his badge at the end. He will be first out the door if blue scouse drop - though doubt there will be a queue for him.
Looking forward to seeing the press and cartel reaction as that will be 2 spots gone to us and the geordies I can see them petitioning for an extra chumps league spot

Or the super league will raise its head again. Where there will be no accountability. Invitation only.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Nick » Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:27 pm

Berns got his bint preggers
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Fri Apr 28, 2023 3:56 pm

Nick wrote:Berns got his bint preggers

BREAKING NEWS.... Berns got his bint preggers...
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby nottsblue » Fri Apr 28, 2023 4:05 pm

She'll deffo want out of Manchester then
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:38 pm

nottsblue wrote:

She'll deffo want out of Manchester then

No she wont , the NHS is free to allcomers, tourists. Besides Bernie loves Manc.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:00 am

"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:12 am

Original Dub wrote:https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/04/29/kevin-kilbane-citys-successes-continue-to-leave-a-slightly-bad-taste-in-the-mouth/

He’s so confused.
1. He still thinks he’s Irish 2. He thinks we’re state funded :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:37 am

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/2023/04/29/kevin-kilbane-citys-successes-continue-to-leave-a-slightly-bad-taste-in-the-mouth/

He’s so confused.
1. He still thinks he’s Irish 2. He thinks we’re state funded :lol:

Weirdly enough i missed the Tuesday night game of which he writes ! Another ill informed ex pro .
Last edited by zuricity on Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:49 am

I actually thought he was pretty level headed whenever he did any kind of punditry.

This is a subject he has neither previous or knowledge about so I'm guessing some of these ex pros are "directed" on these opinion pieces.

Also, saying allegations "ensure" there's question marks over 3 titles - allegations ensure guilt now is that it?

Pathetic
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:56 am

Original Dub wrote:I actually thought he was pretty level headed whenever he did any kind of punditry.

This is a subject he has neither previous or knowledge about so I'm guessing some of these ex pros are "directed" on these opinion pieces.

Also, saying allegations "ensure" there's question marks over 3 titles - allegations ensure guilt now is that it?

Pathetic

Allegations you could park a bus inbetween his front teeth.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:00 am

Mase wrote:
Original Dub wrote:I actually thought he was pretty level headed whenever he did any kind of punditry.

Pathetic

Allegations you could park a bus inbetween his front teeth.

:lol:
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum