Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:52 am

Turns out John Watson, the lead BBC national news sports reporter in Istanbul has never heard of Bert Trautmann or his broken neck.... quality broadcasters eh? (Contrast with Radio 4 Today Programme excellent interviews with Cheesy & BBC Radio Manchester City presenter Emily Brobyn this morning)
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby zuricity » Sat Jun 10, 2023 3:31 pm

could be a made up name but Will Pickworth in the maily dail reminds us unnecessarily of Gundos roots ,as if we didn't know .
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jun 11, 2023 8:31 am

Champions League: Night of toil made Man City’s win all the sweeter
Pep Guardiola’s side will look back on this victory with great satisfaction after they had to scrap every step of the way

Martin Samuel
Saturday June 10 2023, 10.30pm

It was better this way. Had Manchester City simply brushed past Inter Milan on their way to the Treble, it could have all been put down to oil wells and wealth funds, and argued that Pep Guardiola and his players had it easy, that football’s greatest prize came for them on a plate.

But the game’s not like that. Inter were worthy opponents. They made City fight for every last champagne-soaked sticky fingerprint they left on the cup. They made them sweat, and not just in the heat of the night. Inter hit the bar and, for long periods, limited the danger of Guardiola’s men. This was not the swaggering City we saw against Real Madrid, not even the City that gave Manchester United such a shock after only 12 seconds at Wembley.

Ederson appeared as nervous as a kitten let loose on an Istanbul highway. Erling Haaland never looked like scoring, drawing a blank for his fifth game in succession. City had to graft, City had to scrap. They won with a goal scored by a defensive midfielder, Rodri, who ran on to the one loose ball that Inter were unable to smother. It was every bit the 1-0 win suggested by the scoreline and as grim and intense as that margin often is — and all the more meaningful for it.
Watch on youtube.com

For Manchester City are not performing seals. They are not Meadowlark Lemon and the Globetrotters or Lionel Messi in the MLS. Here was a proper team, in a proper contest, who were made to earn this, just as their fans were made to work to see them, undertaking long, complex journeys from the centre of the city, through heat and pollution, before taking their place at a stadium where one of English football’s miracles took place.

And this wasn’t Istanbul 2005. It wasn’t that hard. But it was tough, it was a genuine final, a genuine test. City didn’t win the Treble the easy way because, let’s face it, who could?

The Treble’s a feat. It’s not just another bauble, another page in the record books. There is a reason it has only been done once before. There is so much to go wrong. And things did go wrong. Kevin De Bruyne got injured, for instance, with a hamstring strain in the 30th minute. He was withdrawn trying to fight the inevitable five minutes later.
City have scored 100+ goals more than they’ve conceded in three of the last five seasons (2018-19, 2021-22 and 2022-23) — prior to Guardiola’s arrival at the club, no English top-flight side had ever finished a season having scored 100+ more than they had conceded
City have scored 100+ goals more than they’ve conceded in three of the last five seasons (2018-19, 2021-22 and 2022-23) — prior to Guardiola’s arrival at the club, no English top-flight side had ever finished a season having scored 100+ more than they had conceded

That could have thrown a lesser team through a loop, mentally as well as tactically. Suppose City fell at the last? Southampton knocked them out of the Carabao Cup this season; a team managed by Nathan Jones. So an upset like that could have happened in any round of the FA Cup or the Champions League. It could have happened last night.

And there have been many great teams before this, not least those of Liverpool, who came so close. Those near-misses cast light on City’s achievement too. Guardiola has never won this trophy since parting company with Messi at Barcelona. It’s hard, this. So, so hard. Guardiola has always insisted his team must be prepared to suffer, and that is what they did.

And not just the team — the fans, too. Istanbul is hard, this location is hard. There were Manchester City fans sweltering at the bus stops near the fan zones; Manchester City fans in coaches and taxis snaking through the traffic that cloaks and chokes this megalopolis; Manchester City fans changing metro trains three times because the direct line to the centre won’t be finished until 2024.

Others sat in taxis, bumper to bumper, inching close to their destiny and destination, enduring journeys that were taking anything up to three hours the nearer it got to kick-off. They were tales of groups abandoning four wheels for two legs, jogging down the hard shoulder some five miles from the stadium to get here in time for kick-off.
This is the second time that Guardiola has won the treble, making him the first ever manager to do so with two different clubs (Barcelona in 2008-09 and Manchester City in 2022-23)

There was no repeat of last year’s debacle. By kick-off there wasn’t a spare seat. Some even followed Uefa instructions to set off in the morning, despite the public gates not opening until 6pm. And there was little of the animosity that often greets Uefa-organised events. This was no time for cynicism. They had come to see their team, their club, ascend to the pantheon of the greats. European champions, Treble winners.

And yet, it was a Champions League final. There are no mugs in Champions League finals.

Stones and his team-mates had to dig deep against Inter, who came remarkably close to scoring at times

Very soon in the first half it became clear that Inter Milan were on a different plane to the Italian teams that had reached the other two European finals. They were not relying on Roma’s gruesome spoiling tactics; their possession had more purpose than that of Fiorentina. Inter were a cut above.

Simone Inzaghi has them excellently organised and those expecting a procession were swiftly dissuaded of their presumptions. In the first five minutes, City carved out decent opportunities, but then a blue-black blanket was gently thrown over the game and chances stayed limited.

The sky-blue end, so boisterous before kick-off, grew a little subdued. Not quiet — they’ve come too far to be silent witnesses — but pensive, nervous. It wasn’t that they had come here in expectation, not hope — City were favourites and it would be silly to pretend otherwise — but they were no doubt expecting a battle of attack versus defence, a repeat of the monstering of Real Madrid in the previous round. And it just wasn’t there.

City toiled, and the more they toiled, the more Inter’s confidence grew. They were not ruining the game, they were just making it tough. Men behind the ball, crowding areas where City like to operate. This was the hardest match of City’s European campaign — exactly as it should be.

The ill-fortune around De Bruyne seemed to take some of the impetus from City and they did not much threaten for a long period after. It wasn’t just their supporters that were put through an arduous ordeal. The club, the fans, the players, the coach on the touchline — “Relax, relax,” Guardiola implored at one stage — they were all made to suffer and sweat together. And that’s right. That’s exactly as it should be. Not easy. It’s never easy.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:07 am

^^^^^^^^
Probably the only article today without the stench of boiled piss

You can always rely on MS
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:23 am

Salty plastic spaniard Delaney at it again. My favourite part is where he said money changed the game at the "start of this millennium". Convenient that the rags domination was all because of grit and determination and nothing to do with outspending everyone else.

Bitter cunt, I'm loving reading all the salty pieces this week. It is fucking killing them.

On a side note, someone in City has to put a stop to the wide reporting that we are "state funded" and we can "spend more money than anyone else". That infares that FFP doesn't apply to us in any way. We are funded by sponsors and we have already been cleared of any breaches of FFP, so the legal team need to put a stop to it pronto.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 68510.html
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby PeterParker » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:36 am

Original Dub wrote:Salty plastic spaniard Delaney at it again. My favourite part is where he said money changed the game at the "start of this millennium". Convenient that the rags domination was all because of grit and determination and nothing to do with outspending everyone else.

Bitter cunt, I'm loving reading all the salty pieces this week. It is fucking killing them.

On a side note, someone in City has to put a stop to the wide reporting that we are "state funded" and we can "spend more money than anyone else". That infares that FFP doesn't apply to us in any way. We are funded by sponsors and we have already been cleared of any breaches of FFP, so the legal team need to put a stop to it pronto.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 68510.html

Saw something yesterday that we earned almost 300 mil euros from prizes in the Premier league, UCL and FA cup this season.
Add to that the revenue we have from the tickets and I am thinking 700-800 mil earned.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Outcast » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:38 pm

https://youtu.be/4a30-lO7V38

Just stumbled across this bitter rag cunt. Wasn't he quite prominent then disappeared when their ship sank? The treble must be killing him
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby patrickblue » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:34 pm

Outcast wrote:https://youtu.be/4a30-lO7V38

Just stumbled across this bitter rag cunt. Wasn't he quite prominent then disappeared when their ship sank? The treble must be killing him

Love their pain.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:20 am

patrickblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:https://youtu.be/4a30-lO7V38

Love their pain.

Rio’s bitch.
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby salford city » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:13 pm

JCs mate Roan at it again on the beeb -am not linking to his ramblings
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:50 pm

salford city wrote:JCs mate Roan at it again on the beeb -am not linking to his ramblings
He's desperately pumping out the last squirts of cartel propaganda sewage to feed the red herds. Not too long before the US hedgies move on for easier profits and Roan together with the rest of their contemptible, integrity-free media lackeys are left rotting at the bottom of their stinking midden.
https://thefootballfaithful.com/media-w ... utm_source
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:03 pm

http://www.skysports.com/share/12904036

Fucking get in

Tyler leaving Sky
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 17, 2023 12:41 pm

nottsblue wrote:http://www.skysports.com/share/12904036

Fucking get in

Tyler leaving Sky

They have to mention Liverpool in the title don’t they. Fuckin Liverpool and Newcastle from the 90s as if that is one of the best matches ever :lol: Fuck off sky.

Great news on Tyler though. Expect a female/trans/non-binary to replace him.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:32 pm

Mase wrote:

Fucking get in

Tyler leaving Sky

They have to mention Liverpool in the title don’t they. Fuckin Liverpool and Newcastle from the 90s as if that is one of the best matches ever :lol: Fuck off sky.

Ratboy is already on Sky's payroll :lol:
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:39 pm

nottsblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

Fucking get in

Tyler leaving Sky

Ratboy is already on Sky's payroll :lol:

Gotta fill the Troll quota
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:51 am

Fuck off Tyler you cunt
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:35 pm

Even better, Drury will replace Tyler.
By far the best commentator in the past years. Hope he will not follow the Sky agenda
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jun 18, 2023 7:52 pm

PeterParker wrote:Even better, Drury will replace Tyler.
By far the best commentator in the past years. Hope he will not follow the Sky agenda

Not convinced he would have been offered the gig without agreeing to that. Hope I'm wrong...
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Jun 18, 2023 10:15 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Even better, Drury will replace Tyler.

Not convinced he would have been offered the gig without agreeing to that. Hope I'm wrong...
Already got lots of cartel points, never loses the opportunity to play City bingo
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:47 pm

What an absolute imbecille Wio is. fuck me :lol:

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand claims he’d be worth £170m in today’s market
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum