Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby zuricity » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:33 pm

pmsl
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:58 pm

PeterParker wrote:What an absolute imbecille Wio is. fuck me :lol:

Manchester United legend Rio Ferdinand claims he’d be worth £170m in today’s market

To be fair, if we take his transfer fee of £30M in 2002, his fee as a percentage of the rags turnover back then probably wasn’t far short as what £170m would be now based on the rags turnover now

And he is also probably looking at Maguire who cost half that and thinking he’s at least twice the player Maguire is. Flawed logic but Ferdinand isn’t the brightest button in the box
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:00 pm

zuricity wrote:pmsl

And me
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:18 am

The Times Matt Lawton. Fuck off !
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:46 am

MIAMCFC wrote:The Times Matt Lawton. Fuck off !

They're going to do everything they possibly can after the treble win.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-UAE.html
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby salford city » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:04 am

Original Dub wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:The Times Matt Lawton. Fuck off !

They're going to do everything they possibly can after the treble win.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-UAE.html

Love it - keep it coming you bitter cunts
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:24 am

They need to be very very careful what they print and run with.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby salford city » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:03 am

Mase wrote:They need to be very very careful what they print and run with.

Clearly not. The beauty of this of course is that they are all as thick as pig shit and being led by the US cartel owned clubs who think that we are not going to come out on top and then go after them and the PL I've been critical of our non confrontational stance with these twats so far, but, as ever, revenge is a dish best served cold. Let them continue to publish, we will have the final word
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:46 pm

salford city wrote:

Clearly not. The beauty of this of course is that they are all as thick as pig shit and being led by the US cartel owned clubs who think that we are not going to come out on top and then go after them and the PL I've been critical of our non confrontational stance with these twats so far, but, as ever, revenge is a dish best served cold. Let them continue to publish, we will have the final word

In fairness the former Arsenic chairman David Dein shot down both idiots with This is not a smoking Gun. Manchester City have been sensational on and off the pitch and I’m not sure they will be facing any challenge they cannot overcome .
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:45 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:

In fairness the former Arsenic chairman David Dein shot down both idiots with This is not a smoking Gun. Manchester City have been sensational on and off the pitch and I’m not sure they will be facing any challenge they cannot overcome .

Where’s that from Hazy?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:52 pm

Mase wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:

Where’s that from Hazy?

Pierce Morgan my lad watched it maté Youyube.
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:24 pm

Nice one Hazy. I’ll try and dig it out
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jul 01, 2023 10:51 am

Mase wrote:Nice one Hazy. I’ll try and dig it out

Link.
Watch on youtube.com

The bit we're talking about is at 5:50.
Naughty old David Dein, not following the script, even though Morgan desperately tried to steer him back to the agenda.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:02 am

patrickblue wrote:

Link.
Watch on youtube.com

Naughty old David Dein, not following the script, even though Morgan desperately tried to steer him back to the agenda.

Brilliant, thank you.

Edit: just watched it, class from Dein and a breath of fresh air. Someone that could easily have an agenda if he wanted to but chooses to be honest. Very rare.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:44 am

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Watch on youtube.com

Brilliant, thank you.
Edit: just watched it, class from Dein and a breath of fresh air. Someone that could easily have an agenda if he wanted to but chooses to be honest. Very rare.
Apologies for this paste from Damocles in the other place but it does provide an interesting analysis of what is going on with this "mystery" video leak.
People are missing the wood from the trees here.

The real story is - how did a completely anonymous documentary firm working through a London based law firm who refuse to disclose their identity manage to get hold of top secret documents from the UEFA CFCB?

And what role if any did Micheal Bolingbroke play in this? There's a fun name for you to start Googling connections and positions of. I know people might concentrate on his work between 2007 and 2014 but I'd suggest looking at 2015-16 and what other "clubs" he set up to start putting these points together in terms of opportunity and perhaps his work in 2019 that led to a somewhat failed venture in terms of motive. One day I'll write a book on all these fun little connections inside these types of organisations.

But that's all speculation, I'm not accusing him of any wrongdoing of course. That would be libellous.
halfcenturyup said:
I think Damocles was suggesting a leaked UEFA document rather than a leak from CAS. I would hope CAS is secure. But it does highlight one of my concerns about the PL investigation. We stopped cooperating with UEFA because of the leaks, until we got to CAS presumably because of their trusted stewardship of information. But the PL process is managed by the PL completely. How can we trust the PL with confidential business information that has value to a competitor? Even the independent tribunal here at the end of the process is within the PL environment. There is no escape from providing sensitive information to them.

All I'm pointing out, completely unconnected to any allegations of wrongdoing, is that Michael Bolingbroke was a former Chief Operating Officer at Manchester United then moved to Inter Milan where he helped with Inter Milan Qatar which also had some private individuals involved who could well be considering purchasing an English football club, and that he had a previous relationship with the City Football Group due to his leadership of a joint venture between CFG and Goals Soccer Centres USA that may have possibly soured a relationship due to some differences in strategic vision in the USA grassroots investment and that he was appointed in 2021 to sit on the UEFA Club Financial Control Body which oversees FFP compliance for UEFA and store all of the confidential documentary evidence.

I'm sure sitting at the intersection between powerbrokers of Manchester United, Qatar and the UEFA CFCB is unrelated to any leaking of documents to a law firm which he has allegedly has some cursory links with, to these completely anonymous documentarians that somehow happened to have their 37 subscriber Youtube channel with less than 150 views published as a primary source in The Times newspaper in a double page feature spread.

Nor am I suggesting that Piers Morgan, who helped popularise this story and had Matt Lawton write it, has any unofficial connections to Qatar and that his status as one of the only people who interviewed the Qatar Secretary-General of the Supreme Committee for Delivery and Legacy in the run up to the World Cup and was authorised to ask questions on migrant deaths to him is any sort of evidence of this. Yes, Piers Morgan vivaciously defended the Qatar World Cup by every metric and was a guest of the Qatari World Cup Committee during the event (to which he tweeted a glowing review) and publicly and furiously criticised the BBC for failing to show the Opening Ceremony. And yes, Piers Morgan took upon the role of Defender of Qatar against Joe Lycett whom he accused of hypocrisy for his LGBT stance.

But you have to realise that these are all tenuous connections that are randomly strung together and we cannot fall into a conspiracy theory that suggests that this was in any way a co-ordinated attack upon the club. That would be libellous you see. Michael Bolingbroke and Piers Morgan are excellent and trustworthy professionals with spotless histories, and I wouldn't like anybody to take the wrong impression that I'm implying anything about them personally or professionally or that I'm accusing them of any impriority as that's certainly not my intention.

Is this the same bloke that you refer to?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby patrickblue » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:22 pm

I found this comment to the video quite interesting.

And I quote

"Morgan about to get sued?

Basically the whole thing was about something that was brought up in the uafa investigation and it boils down to some guy paid the money on behalf of Etisalat in 2 payments of 15m one in 2012 and in 2013 and that person was connected to our own, however those by a broker acting on behalf of Etisalat who was having cash flow issues, and city shown evidence at the CAS hearing showing Etisalat repaid the money a year later, so basically Etisalat used a broker and intermediary to pay their sponsorship to city and then Etisalat repaid it a year later, so in essence Etisalat borrowed the sponsorship money, this was a time bared offence at the time. Basically this just allowed Etisalat to start their sponsorship agreement earlier when they didn't have the money, but IGT allowed city to add it to their 2012 financial figure, but this is just a everyday business thing that lots of companies do called invoice factoring where companies get paid straight away but its paid back at a later date, it is just a general business thing that gets done all the time. Yes it was time barred but it would have been dismissed anyway similar to the same accusation made about Etihad, that was within the statute of limitation but was found to NOT be true by case and city was proved innocent."
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 01, 2023 12:23 pm

Cheers JC.

This tongue in cheek bit is spot on -

I'm sure sitting at the intersection between powerbrokers of Manchester United, Qatar and the UEFA CFCB is unrelated to any leaking of documents to a law firm which he has allegedly has some cursory links with, to these completely anonymous documentarians that somehow happened to have their 37 subscriber Youtube channel with less than 150 views published as a primary source in The Times newspaper in a double page feature spread.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:27 pm

BBC breaking news -

Former Arsenal, Barcelona and Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas has announced his immediate retirement from football.

Thought he’d retired about 5 years ago! Must be a slow news day
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:26 pm

Yes and UEFA’s complaint about Etislat was included in the CAS judgement years agoeven though it was time barred. It’s not a new story. The amount is very small compared to the much bigger Etihad sponsorship UEFA complained about. That was adjudicated by CAS and found to be groundless.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby zuricity » Sun Jul 02, 2023 6:02 am

So if i am reading the Media correctly today Havertz will be top earner at the Arse. That should pssi off a few players that recently joined them.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum