Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 24, 2024 8:41 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Bear60 wrote:What happened to City64

Disappeared - CTID Hants reckoned it was my fault as is so much else according to him.

Totally wrong JC...... I and 4 or 5 kept constantly calling him over threatening violence to a couple long term posters. You are just a massive WUM, particularly when it comes to transfer windows. Some total fantasy stuff. Do you play dungeons and dragons per chance?
Somebody eluded to you being a former journalist, any truth in that? Out of curiosity, as I have journalists in the family.
Totally wrong eh? Ironically I was under my rock during City64's last thread but didn't escape your accusing finger :lol: (It's alluded btw,)
viewtopic.php?f=119&t=56813&p=1091518#p1091529
Last edited by johnny crossan on Fri May 24, 2024 8:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 24, 2024 8:50 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Disappeared - CTID Hants reckoned it was my fault as is so much else according to him.

Totally wrong JC...... I and 4 or 5 kept constantly calling him over threatening violence to a couple long term posters. You are just a massive WUM, particularly when it comes to transfer windows. Some total fantasy stuff. Do you play dungeons and dragons per chance?
Somebody eluded to you being a former journalist, any truth in that? Out of curiosity, as I have journalists in the family.
totally wrong?

Fuck me, you have been saving this shit up? The search feature hasn't worked on here for years, so must banking stuff every time I bitch about you.

Without even bothering to re read that shit, I was (from memory) talking about your continual flouting of the no politics rule the board has, we don't have many rules but the politics is the most important one in my opinion. One that the neanderthal 64 also ignored, along with being a racist etc...

You didn't answer the question whether you are retired journalist?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 24, 2024 9:08 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

totally wrong?

Fuck me, you have been saving this shit up? The search feature hasn't worked on here for years, so must banking stuff every time I bitch about you.

Without even bothering to re read that shit, I was (from memory) talking about your continual flouting of the no politics rule the board has, we don't have many rules but the politics is the most important one in my opinion. One that the neanderthal 64 also ignored, along with being a racist etc...

You didn't answer the question whether you are retired journalist?
You do ZC's sterling work restoring the search function a disservice - ah well. I think I've mentioned my time as a young reporter on here a few times, happy days before joining the Civil Service for the rest of my working life.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby CTID Hants » Fri May 24, 2024 9:32 pm

[quote="johnny crossan"]

I must have missed the announcement re the search function working and I appreciate everything ZC is doing for all of us to drive the site forward. Any support he needs I am totally committed to help where I can.

This site is a better place without 64 that much is true.

The journalism foray when was it and where if you don't mind me asking?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby johnny crossan » Fri May 24, 2024 9:56 pm

CTID Hants wrote:I must have missed the announcement re the search function working and I appreciate everything ZC is doing for all of us to drive the site forward. Any support he needs I am totally committed to help where I can.
This site is a better place without 64 that much is true.
The journalism foray when was it and where if you don't mind me asking?

Joined the Stockport Advertiser in the early 60s straight from school as a 16 year old indentured junior reporter, then worked for the Thomson Org - Stockport & Wilmslow Express with David Coleman as editor, Salford City Reporter and others. Post university spent time as a London based copywriter and space salesman, but in the mid 70s nobody was hiring journos so I finally got a job with the COI doing government press releases. Moved on to the Dept of Education after that based in the North West.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Sat May 25, 2024 11:24 am

The search works? Good work ZC.

I can find my worldwide commercial thread again!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby nottsblue » Sat May 25, 2024 1:52 pm

The BBC are clearly desperate for a rag win. You can even hear the resignation in Linekar’s voice as they are discussing, at ridiculous lengths by the way, the rags and the season they have had. He knows
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Sat May 25, 2024 4:20 pm

john@staustell wrote:The search works? Good work ZC.

I can find my worldwide commercial thread again!

I've done nothing , would not do anything without an ok.

perhaps a linux upgrade ?
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Indianablue » Sat May 25, 2024 5:34 pm

How insufferable was that commentary team for the BBC. Utd deserved to win because they played as well as they could . We gave it to them though.
It was s wankfest from Shearer and his mate
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby carolina-blue » Sat May 25, 2024 6:01 pm

:P
Indianablue wrote:How insufferable was that commentary team for the BBC. Utd deserved to win because they played as well as they could . We gave it to them though.
It was s wankfest from Shearer and his mate

I’m surprised he could talk at all with all the Cum in his mouth takes a lot to suck off a whole squad
( so I’ve heard ) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby johnny crossan » Wed May 29, 2024 7:52 pm

johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 29, 2024 8:13 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Image

What!!!!

7 Chelsea and 4 rags

But but but but we’ve ruined football for years now

It just shows what a good job the media have actually done in perpetrating the myth for so long and so convincingly that it’s taken as gospel by most football fans that we are the enemy. A state backed oil club with infinite money who have distorted the transfer market who must be stopped by any means

When the truth is nothing of the sort
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 29, 2024 10:00 pm

How funny are the rumours that the Saudi club are readying an offer of 25m for arguably the greatest goalkeeper in world football, who has 2 years left on his contract??

23 years ago, buffon was sold for 52m

Let that sink in.

We're dealing with children writing the press lads.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby stupot » Thu May 30, 2024 8:00 am

Original Dub wrote:How funny are the rumours that the Saudi club are readying an offer of 25m for arguably the greatest goalkeeper in world football, who has 2 years left on his contract??

Let that sink in.

Onana was nearly 50ml - must be twice as good.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu May 30, 2024 10:07 am

Original Dub wrote:How funny are the rumours that the Saudi club are readying an offer of 25m for arguably the greatest goalkeeper in world football, who has 2 years left on his contract??

Let that sink in.

I pointed out the other day that the writer for the Goal article about City’s “terrible” turnout for the parade was this little cunt based in India that covers the MLS -

https://www.linkedin.com/in/aditya-a-gokhale-228116151?originalSubdomain=in

FC Barcelona “fan” and has no formal education in Journalism. Seems like Goal are farming out work to countries where they can likely pay him £1 and he’ll be happy with that.

That’s the state of the media now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 30, 2024 10:16 am

Mase wrote:

Let that sink in.

I pointed out the other day that the writer for the Goal article about City’s “terrible” turnout for the parade was this little cunt based in India that covers the MLS -

FC Barcelona “fan” and has no formal education in Journalism. Seems like Goal are farming out work to countries where they can likely pay him £1 and he’ll be happy with that.

The rush for clicks and views killed it. The good journo's left the industry a long time ago.
And that is worldwide.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Thu May 30, 2024 10:23 am

Agreed. It still irks me when I read the nonsense and lies but then I see it for what it is and move on. We as fans of this club are lucky in that the rest actually hold as gospel what the red topped owned media outlets peddle as the truth. Fucking insane
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Outcast » Thu May 30, 2024 10:35 am

Mase wrote:

Let that sink in.

Shame can't message the cunt directly.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Thu May 30, 2024 10:59 am

Outcast wrote:
Mase wrote:

Let that sink in.

Shame can't message the cunt directly.

Just send him a connect response he won't ignore it
salford city

Postby salford city » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:50 am

Reading that Stones is unavailable for tonights friendly having joined up late with the England squad. Don't know what's going on wirh him
Juat also read an article on England T20 wicketkeeper Phil Salt. Notts will know this but he's a blue and has 61 as his number as a memory of the sick swan. Good man
salford city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum