Ade in trouble? [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade in trouble? [merged]

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:12 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:A side note for a few in this thread. I think we need to stop this "Ohh but U***d did this" and "So and so did that" mentality. We should rise above this playground nonsense if we are going to be the best club in the land and set the right example. The FA are not 'out to get us' they do a job as fair as the possibly can and I for one am a little tired of hearing such excuses by our own fans everytime something doesn't go our way.

Very well reasoned and thought-out argument. It'll never work!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Battenburg was no more than 5 yards away looking straight at the 2 players and chose to take no action so if the PL look at this with nothing in the refs report they are not really backing there employee are they.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:A side note for a few in this thread. I think we need to stop this "Ohh but U***d did this" and "So and so did that" mentality. We should rise above this playground nonsense if we are going to be the best club in the land and set the right example. The FA are not 'out to get us' they do a job as fair as the possibly can and I for one am a little tired of hearing such excuses by our own fans everytime something doesn't go our way.

Very well reasoned and thought-out argument. It'll never work!

So does that mean that you both think Adebayor should get a stiffer punishment than Neville for the exact same offence then? Why?

If we're being fair & reasonable btw; he didn't stamp on the bloke's face, if he had done he'd be in a cell. He flicked his foot out & scratched him. It was a red card offence ok & the FA may choose tp punish him retrospectively like they did with Thatcher & Ball but not Rooney or Scholes or Gerrard or Shearer etc etc. That would be typical of them. If you want to sit there & meekly give in to the Sky 4 receiving favouritism without saying anything that's up to you but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to be the same.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:So does that mean that you both think Adebayor should get a stiffer punishment than Neville for the exact same offence then?

No. But what will be, will be. Happy for it to be debated all day long - and it does wind me up that these things are never consistently dealt with - but I was trying (jokingly) to point out that reason and common-sense often have nothing to do with it.

And who knows, maybe before too long we'll be the ones benefitting from such 'special treatment'. After all, Lineker did suggest on MoTD last night that perhaps the 'big four' was now a 'big five'!
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:So does that mean that you both think Adebayor should get a stiffer punishment than Neville for the exact same offence then?

No. But what will be, will be. Happy for it to be debated all day long - and it does wind me up that these things are never consistently dealt with - but I was trying (jokingly) to point out that reason and common-sense often have nothing to do with it.

And who knows, maybe before too long we'll be the ones benefitting from such 'special treatment'. After all, Lineker did suggest on MoTD last night that perhaps the 'big four' was now a 'big five'!

If that's the case then the FA will say there's insufficient evidence to ban Adebayor for the foul & fine him 5 grand for the celebration.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If that's the case then the FA will say there's insufficient evidence to ban Adebayor for the foul & fine him 5 grand for the celebration.

Result.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby gillie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:03 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

If that's the case then the FA will say there's insufficient evidence to ban Adebayor for the foul & fine him 5 grand for the celebration.

BTW it was Hansen that said the big 4 will probably be the big 5 now.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:08 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:If we're being fair & reasonable btw; he didn't stamp on the bloke's face, if he had done he'd be in a cell. He flicked his foot out & scratched him. It was a red card offence ok & the FA may choose tp punish him retrospectively like they did with Thatcher & Ball but not Rooney or Scholes or Gerrard or Shearer etc etc. That would be typical of them. If you want to sit there & meekly give in to the Sky 4 receiving favouritism without saying anything that's up to you but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to be the same.

Since when have Newcastle been part of 'the Sky four'? Or are you stretching your conspiracy nonsense to incorporate every team who isn't City now? United players have been punished retrospectively and I'm willing to bet that players from all 'the Sky four' have too.

The fact that you're trying to defend him with semantics is embarrassing. It was a nasty thing to and whether it was a stamp, a scratch or a kick is irrelevant.

I'm quite happy to have my own views on each incident that comes along and if I feel there is bias towards certain clubs, which I don't think there is, then I'd certainly say so. But the repetitiveness of people moaning that we're so hard done by is tiresome. Adebayor deserves punishment for his action, harping on about an incident which went unpunished 5 years ago is unnecessary.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:09 pm

crossan wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:This whole thing is such a load of over the top bollocks. Its a passionate game played by passionate people. Given the shit Ade has endured at the hands of Arsenal's fans over the last year who can blame him for that celebration. The ref booked him for it so for me thats end of. As far as the RVP challenge, to me it looks impossible to prove without doubt that Ade did it on purpose.

I'm hoping in a few days when the papers have got some other pointless shit to write about it'll all just fade away with no ban.

Roll on Sunday!!

I would not hold your breath he will get at least a 4 game ban.

Funny, that's what the mirror said. Well, actually the top 3 Newsnow headlines are from that comic and said that he deserves a 4 match ban, that it was a kung-fu moment (you know the one) and finally that he will get a 4 game ban. Maybe the writer of the 4th story had read the first and assumed it was true.

Didn't click on the links, as I refuse to give them any circulation figures they can use to the advertisers, but I'm sure it wasn't a balanced debate, probably didn't mention that a decent tackle by VP would have kept him out of the way and that Arsenal fans should grow up and not get quite so irate by someone celebrating a goal.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:32 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:If we're being fair & reasonable btw; he didn't stamp on the bloke's face, if he had done he'd be in a cell. He flicked his foot out & scratched him. It was a red card offence ok & the FA may choose tp punish him retrospectively like they did with Thatcher & Ball but not Rooney or Scholes or Gerrard or Shearer etc etc. That would be typical of them. If you want to sit there & meekly give in to the Sky 4 receiving favouritism without saying anything that's up to you but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to be the same.

Since when have Newcastle been part of 'the Sky four'? Or are you stretching your conspiracy nonsense to incorporate every team who isn't City now? U***d players have been punished retrospectively and I'm willing to bet that players from all 'the Sky four' have too.

The fact that you're trying to defend him with semantics is embarrassing. It was a nasty thing to and whether it was a stamp, a scratch or a kick is irrelevant.

I'm quite happy to have my own views on each incident that comes along and if I feel there is bias towards certain clubs, which I don't think there is, then I'd certainly say so. But the repetitiveness of people moaning that we're so hard done by is tiresome. Adebayor deserves punishment for his action, harping on about an incident which went unpunished 5 years ago is unnecessary.

If you actually read what I've posted, I haven't defended him at all & the diffenence is that you, as a City fan, are for some reason choosing to join in with the hysterics of the tabloid press & claim that he stamped on the bloke's head. It does make a difference, it makes a big difference. Retaliating to somene trying to 'do' you with a two footed tackle is wrong & a red card offence, stamping on their head is a life ban & jail sentence. We've got enough hysterical twats in the media doing the club down without City fans adding to their bullshit.

Oh & Shearer was let off when kicking the bloke in the head because he was England captain. Just one of many examples of favouritism. Whether our riches now qualify us for immunity like the Sky 4 & other high profile characters we're about to find out.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Ted, the guy was clearly bleeding from the head. In football boots you just can't make contact like that without it causing damage. A stamp, a kick, whatever you want to call it. Unprovoked or not it's wrong.

I'm not hysterical at all. I actually think that it's those who believe in these ludicrous conspiracy theories that are hysterical. I'm not turning against the club at all, and I hope you're not trying to get my riled up by saying such a thing because that's unfair. I'm just not going to defend something that I think is clearly wrong because he's wearing a City shirt.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby The Foggy Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:56 pm

How do alll - not sure if it's been said already but the quote from the FA says: "I thought the stewards did a great job of calming the situation down and it was to Manchester City's credit nothing worse happened. Our governance team will take a good look at both of the incidents that have been highlighted and will come to the media with the answers early next week."

Does that mean the week after the derby?? If it is, Adebayor's ban (because he will get a ban) won't come into effect until after next weekend...

Am I right? Or is the FA bloke referring to Monday or Tuesday "this" week.

Jaysus, I should go to bed.
The Foggy Blue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Slim » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:02 pm

Robin van Persie has issued the following statement following an incident with Emmanuel Adebayor at Saturday's game:

"I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match.

"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical, I too have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent. He set out to hurt me today.

"I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made. He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans.

"I do feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye. I have not received an apology from him, there were no words exchanged afterwards. He had his own agenda today and that is bad for football. It's bad for the game we all love.

"I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the result of today's match. We do not hide from that disappointment but I need to speak out about his behaviour."

Kettle, meet pot.

[youtube]CiLA0ZAWes4[/youtube]
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Ted, the guy was clearly bleeding from the head. In football boots you just can't make contact like that without it causing damage. A stamp, a kick, whatever you want to call it. Unprovoked or not it's wrong.

I'm not hysterical at all. I actually think that it's those who believe in these ludicrous conspiracy theories that are hysterical. I'm not turning against the club at all, and I hope you're not trying to get my riled up by saying such a thing because that's unfair. I'm just not going to defend something that I think is clearly wrong because he's wearing a City shirt.

I'm not accusing you of turning against the club I'm saying that it's not a good thing for City fans to be having a go at other City fans for sticking up for them & no one's making any conspiricy theory's I'm stating the FACT that some of our players have received worse punishments than those clubs for similar offences.

Michael Ball was done after the event for stamping on Ronaldo but Scholes wasn't even looked at for doing it to Hamman. Then several times last season Ronaldo was seen to stamp on players but allowed to get away with it. Go back to Beckham's antics, Rooney's red card challenges that have gone unpunished but now we could get our 3rd retrospective ban. You're honestly telling me there's no case for any of these other people to be punished?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Somerset Blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:03 pm

Ah, the old This Week vs Next Week argument. Personally I would say Next Week on a weekend to mean the following few days, This Week almost being at an end (at a weekend)...

You're right, it's too late for this shit...
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CITYTILLIDIE11 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:02 am

According to some of the pro Trafford Borough scummy tabloids the FA is about to throw the book at Adebayor ruling him out of a minimum of 4 matches, and that’s just for starters.

RSC needs to get fit now because Adebayor will be banned for the Derby, we really are in the metaphorical.

I said a couple of weeks ago signing the injured RSC might come back to haunt Hughes, if Adebayor is banned for half a dozen games, as well as Tevez and Robinho being out of action for at least a month .

Then surely some will question the wisdom of Hughes signing an injured player.
CITYTILLIDIE11
pot noodle style supporter
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:53 am

Just watched the incident a few minutes ago in a higher resolution.

The "stamp" visible in one angle is actually his boot moving as it makes contact with van Persie.

Viewed at full speed during the game you'd almost miss it even if you were looking for it. I don't accept that it's likely that he could have kicked van Persie like that if he'd tried. He's off balance.

This was an accident and should be seen that way. The problem is that the FA have shown disinterest in the actual facts when faced with clamour for "justice".
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:39 am

just watched the game again - and I don't think Ades' celebration is any worse the Van persie running off toward city fans shouting
"Fuck off! Fuck off! Fuck off!" after scoring the equaliser
Sadly the fact that the city fans didn't act like a pack of rabid animals means the player gets away with it scott free - there's justice for you
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:06 am

ronk wrote:Just watched the incident a few minutes ago in a higher resolution.

The "stamp" visible in one angle is actually his boot moving as it makes contact with van Persie.

Viewed at full speed during the game you'd almost miss it even if you were looking for it. I don't accept that it's likely that he could have kicked van Persie like that if he'd tried. He's off balance.

This was an accident and should be seen that way. The problem is that the FA have shown disinterest in the actual facts when faced with clamour for "justice".

I agree mate i watched the game again myself, and was looking for it there is no way if the fa watch it at full speed they can charge him with anything, but we know they will watch it in slow mo and throw the book at him.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Twobob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:18 am

Whatched it a few times too, agree that in slow-mo it looks worse but Ade is falling forward, and in the split seccond I think he realises that if he places his foot where it would have naturally landed he would have stamped right on the back of V.Persies head, so he pulls it in slightly to avoid him without thinking about it.

I really cannot see any mallace in this nor can I believe that he would have tried to stamp on his hand or face - the fact he caught him is mearly accidental.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum