Subinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Subinho

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:42 pm

saulman wrote:As much as I agree that he'll come good if given the chance, I doubt that we'll ever see the real Robinho again because he'll never be given that chance. He's been forced into his shell by our media and a certain section of fans and I doubt that he'll emerge until he signs for someone else. For some bizarre reason, people just want him to fail.

.......which is a crying fuckin shame, if you ask me.

Trust a monkey in a space suit to come out with one of the best statements on this thread. Well said Saul, straight and to the point.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby JB » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:00 pm

Original Dub wrote:
saulman wrote:I've not seen any replays from last night yet and was trying to avoid this forum so that I could make an objective, un-swayed view when I watched it again....so consequently, I have not seen Robinhos reaction to anything last night.

That said, how the fuck has he managed to get a 5 page thread when he didn't even get on the pitch? What is wrong with people on this forum? We beat the Scum, Robinho doesn't even get a game and yet his thread eclipses those of players that were on the pitch?

Total fuckin madness. When will people get it into their heads that we dont need scapegoats.

I mean, what has he actually done? Has he twatted a team mate? Has he slapped in a transfer request? Has he declared his love for the Scum? No. His form has dipped and he's suffering because the entire media in this country is pointing and laughing.

What hapened to "We've got Robinho"? If someone should be taking the piss it should be the media but we as City fans should not be picking on him like this because he's one of ours until he moves on.

So please, if you can't back the players, just shut the fuck up and leave them the fuck alone.

But mate, on that basis, is it therefore only ok to make observations if they are positive ones? I recall a thread being started on Robinho mucking around during the Sylvinho interview on the OS.

That thread continued on on the observation that Robinho seemed very happy and positive because he was smiling and joking and chanting "Come On City".

This thread continued on the observation of the opposite. I don't see a problem with it TBH.

Its not like the thread is calling for everyone to bring banners and mock him at the next game. "We've got Robinho" will still be heard throughout the stadium if/when he does anything positive. He gets more support from the crowd on that basis than any other player we currently have.

Its all only an observation, not a planned protest .

The difference here is that they are two different kinds of observation. The interaction with Sly wasn't reliant on any kind of supposition; Robi smiled, was positive and, in my view, entertaining. The arguments about body language and attitude last night have all been about reading meaning into his manner and behaviour and have been nothing but pure conjecture. I think it's stupid, and sometimes dangerous, to base an opinion on conjecture particularly when it leads to witch hunts like this.

Everyone's entitled to thier opinion, but you'd be wiser to base it on something more substantial. If any one has an MSc in Behavioural Psychology and wishes to analyse the interaction, I would be very interested in the results. As I know next to nothing on the subject, I am not going to pass judgement.

And I'm not having a go at anyone in particular, just giving my opinion.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:21 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
saulman wrote:As much as I agree that he'll come good if given the chance, I doubt that we'll ever see the real Robinho again because he'll never be given that chance. He's been forced into his shell by our media and a certain section of fans and I doubt that he'll emerge until he signs for someone else. For some bizarre reason, people just want him to fail.

Trust a monkey in a space suit to come out with one of the best statements on this thread. Well said Saul, straight and to the point.

Its a crock of shite - Robinho hasn't been forced anywhere. He plays the media to suit himself and he feeds off the love and respect of the fans. He is a professional footballer who gets paid an absolute fortune for doing something we would all do for nothing.

People do want City to fail and as our most expensive player they want Robinho to fail- they are jealous of our wealth and regard it as unfair that we will upset the status quo just because we have billions at our disposal. Platini, Lineker, Wenger etc are all entitled to have their bitch about the club or the players but it is not City fans who are alienating Robinho. It wasn't them who courted Barcelona nor was it them who has given half arsed displays or shown petulance when the managers made decisions for the good of the team.

Most City fans and almost all City fans on here desperately want Robinho to be a success at City. You can find the odd one who questions his status amongst the world elite but nobody thinks he is the worst player at the club or want to get rid of him now. I question his commitment just as fans at Real Madrid must have done. I am not getting at the club, the manager or the Team I am not even getting at the player. I am having a go because I have been a City supporter for 35 years, followed them through thick and thin in that time and I have certain expectations from the chosen ones who pull on the shirt. They are part of my team and I have every right to come on here and raise my concerns. If you dont like it ignore it or argue the case but an argument is not an excuse for personal abuse it calls for some evidence or justification to back up your case.

Some people just dont seem to grasp the idea of a forum at all and seem convinced that what we write on here is poured over by the players management and owners to help them run the club as we want it run. They may come on for a laugh from time to time but if you think a thread about Robinho's sulky face and crappy hi five will drive him out of the club you have an unhealthy view of your own self importance!
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 pm

blues-clues wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Its a crock of shite - Robinho hasn't been forced anywhere. He plays the media to suit himself and he feeds off the love and respect of the fans. He is a professional footballer who gets paid an absolute fortune for doing something we would all do for nothing.

I am a professional but I have feelings. And although I do my job 100%, it's more down to training and discipline than skill and talent (although I'd like to think it's the latter).

People do want City to fail and as our most expensive player they want Robinho to fail- they are jealous of our wealth and regard it as unfair that we will upset the status quo just because we have billions at our disposal. Platini, Lineker, Wenger etc are all entitled to have their bitch about the club or the players but it is not City fans who are alienating Robinho. It wasn't them who courted Barcelona nor was it them who has given half arsed displays or shown petulance when the managers made decisions for the good of the team.

Realistically, you've actually stated what I was agreeing to in the first instance. With regard to Barca, was it him stating a fact or was it him answering a loaded question; just like he was on his way to Santos?

Most City fans and almost all City fans on here desperately want Robinho to be a success at City. You can find the odd one who questions his status amongst the world elite but nobody thinks he is the worst player at the club or want to get rid of him now. I question his commitment just as fans at Real Madrid must have done. I am not getting at the club, the manager or the Team I am not even getting at the player. I am having a go because I have been a City supporter for 35 years, followed them through thick and thin in that time and I have certain expectations from the chosen ones who pull on the shirt. They are part of my team and I have every right to come on here and raise my concerns. If you dont like it ignore it or argue the case but an argument is not an excuse for personal abuse it calls for some evidence or justification to back up your case.

So why is there a constant berating rather than some positive support? Surely it would be better to get behind sucha player knowing he's got it in the bank than constantly getting at him and prolonging his bad spell (like you said, he needs the love). As for the personal abuse, please tell me where I have done this, because as i am aware, no-one has got any off me!

Some people just dont seem to grasp the idea of a forum at all and seem convinced that what we write on here is poured over by the players management and owners to help them run the club as we want it run. They may come on for a laugh from time to time but if you think a thread about Robinho's sulky face and crappy hi five will drive him out of the club you have an unhealthy view of your own self importance!

Now, I understand most of your post, but where does that come from - My own self-importance? Is this because i don't go along with the opinion that there isn't under-lying issues with Robbie? Is it because I don't go along with the consensus that Robbie isn't worth 1 tenth of Bellers? And what has this board got to do with players/management/owners coming on to view; this is about us?!

Self importance is for people who don't give a damn about anybody else, and those self important people don't really care about abusing people to get there own way. However, luckily, I am not that man and do have other cares. Some of which are City, it's owners, it's managers, it's players, and it's fans. Otherwise, what is the point of being on here?

So, 'Crock of Shite', at least you allow yourself your own opinion big man - please allow me mine!

Cheers, and Stay Frosty!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Kyle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 pm

blues-clues wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Kyle
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Beefy it was not all aimed at you and it was a frustrated rant!

On reflection though there was no personal abuse in there. I do try and attack the argument not the man. There are earlier posts where personal abuse has featured, "twat heads" being the most memorable! The Crock of Shite reference was an over emotional response to the claim that City fans were driving Robinho into his shell. I think City fans in general want Robinho to achieve great things at City and I think most people on here including me want it too.

There is no harm in supporters having a go when they think something is wrong. Like others who sometimes have a go I have given credit to the team, the managers, the owners and the fans but there have been times when City drive me round the bend and being a supporter does not mean I have to give them unconditional love all the time. I have raved about Robinho at times but it seems like a while since I last did it. Its carrot and stick mate, he knows the adoration he will get if he performs for City but he needs to know that he cannot take that for granted and that we have expectations for him and the club just like the owners and the management do.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:32 pm

blues-clues wrote:Beefy it was not all aimed at you and it was a frustrated rant!

On reflection though there was no personal abuse in there. I do try and attack the argument not the man. There are earlier posts where personal abuse has featured, "twat heads" being the most memorable! The Crock of Shite reference was an over emotional response to the claim that City fans were driving Robinho into his shell. I think City fans in general want Robinho to achieve great things at City and I think most people on here including that want it too.

There is no harm in supporters having a go when they think something is wrong. Like others who sometimes have a go I have given credit to the team, the managers, the owners and the fans but there have been times when City drive me round the bend and being a supporter does not mean I have to give them unconditional love all the time. I have raved about Robinho at times but it seems like a while since I last did it. Its carrot and stick mate, he knows the adoration he will get if he performs for City but he needs to know that he cannot take that for granted and that we have expectations for him and the club just like the owners and the management do.

So, is that an apology ;-)

I know exactly where you are coming from mate, but sometimes it gets beyond reality. Sully had a very good point which I happen to agree with, and even though we are 'Keyboard Warrior'ing' it on here, it doesn't mean that we have to ignore the minority view; these forums do actually set up a base for the fans.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
blues-clues wrote:Beefy it was not all aimed at you and it was a frustrated rant!

On reflection though there was no personal abuse in there. I do try and attack the argument not the man. There are earlier posts where personal abuse has featured, "twat heads" being the most memorable! The Crock of Shite reference was an over emotional response to the claim that City fans were driving Robinho into his shell. I think City fans in general want Robinho to achieve great things at City and I think most people on here including that want it too.

I know exactly where you are coming from mate, but sometimes it gets beyond reality. Sully had a very good point which I happen to agree with, and even though we are 'Keyboard Warrior'ing' it on here, it doesn't mean that we have to ignore the minority view; these forums do actually set up a base for the fans.

No it fuckin isnt you cheeky sod! Its an explantion! :-)
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 pm

blues-clues wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

No it fuckin isnt you cheeky sod! Its an explantion! :-)

Ok mate, I'll accept that as an explanation ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sandman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:22 am

blues-clues wrote:
sandman wrote:THIS THREAD IS FUCKING SHITE... HOW ABOUT GETTING BEHIND YOUR CLUB RATHER THAN LOOKING FOR SILLY BULLSHIT REASONS TO CRITICISE OUR OWN PLAYERS.

FFS!!

I am right behind my club.

My opinion (and that is why we are here) is that Robinho is NOT behind his club.

I am not looking for bullshit reasons to criticise, if you think that Robinho is pulling his weight and showing that he is worth what we paid for him and what he is paid every week then that's fine I respect your right to your opinion.

His performances and behaviour are below what I expect.

I WATCHED THE MATCH AGAIN TWICE LAST NIGHT ON BBC I-PLAYER, AND I STILL THINK THIS THREAD IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. ALL ROBINHO DID WAS CARRY ON WATCHING THE GAME, DOES HE REALLY HAVE TO SWALLOW SOME CARLOS COCK TO SHOW APPRECIATION?

THIS THREAD IS JUST REGURGITATING THE COMMENTARY BOLLOX, WOULD YOU HAVE EVEN NOTICED IT IF THEY DIDNT POINT IT OUT, EVEN CHINNERS WOULD'NT PRINT THIS BOLLOX IN HIS BOLLOX THREAD.
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Postby saulman » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:57 am

I saw the replay last night for the first time. Seriously, what the fuck is this thread about? Tevez sits next to Robinho. Robinho looks pissed off.

For Fuck Sake!!! This is just daft.

If Lawro had not said something about it, would people have even noticed him? I probably wouldn't.
He looked like ever other benched player who wishes they were out there.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 am

To be fair I watched the incident for the first time on i-player last night and saw nothing in it whatsoever...in fact...I can't even see an incident at all...Robby just shook his hand and carried on watching the game...some of you guys need to work for the red tops on this form...sensationalism at its very best
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Vhero » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:03 am

ashton287 wrote:We come back from 1-0 down and beat the scum in a semi final and you fags are crying because robson didnt decide to suck tevez off

Agreed some people just can't leave him alone there obsessed!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:29 am

sandman wrote:I WATCHED THE MATCH AGAIN TWICE LAST NIGHT ON BBC I-PLAYER, AND I STILL THINK THIS THREAD IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. ALL ROBINHO DID WAS CARRY ON WATCHING THE GAME, DOES HE REALLY HAVE TO SWALLOW SOME CARLOS COCK TO SHOW APPRECIATION?

THIS THREAD IS JUST REGURGITATING THE COMMENTARY BOLLOX, WOULD YOU HAVE EVEN NOTICED IT IF THEY DIDNT POINT IT OUT, EVEN CHINNERS WOULD'NT PRINT THIS BOLLOX IN HIS BOLLOX THREAD.

OK then Einstein. I watched the match with Arabic commentary and have no fucking idea what any English commentators said about it.

And I was one of the first to post about this (in fact I posted about it in another thread before this one was started).

We got the message that you think this is all bullshit yesterday....that still doesn't alter the fact that I think he acted like a petulant self absorbed prima donna and that he needs to buck his ideas up
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:26 am

I think he was very different reacting to a City team mate as he is when he's on the Brazil bench but I still hope/pray he'll play a big part for City & this piece in the Daily Rag is just what I hoped for & very encouraging:

Robinho has insisted he has not fallen out with Roberto Mancini and vowed to prove his worth to the Manchester City boss.

City's £32.5million striker suffered the indignity of being taken off with half-an-hour left in a 2-0 defeat at Everton last weekend, after himself coming on as a substitute.

The Brazilian stormed straight down the tunnel, fuelling rumours of a fall-out with Mancini, who left him on the bench for City's 2-1 Carling Cup semi-final win over Manchester United.

But Robinho, a summer target for Barcelona, has vowed to prove he has the work ethic to be a success at City, after being criticised for his perceived lack of effort and commitment.

"I don't have a problem with Mancini," said Robinho. "It's normal for a player to want to play but the coach makes the decision and I accept it.

"I've spoken with Mancini. I know what he expects from me and I'll work hard to do that for the team.

"I'm a professional, I'm dedicated and I always give everything in training. It's untrue to say otherwise.

"I want to be successful at City, I don't want to leave. I want to win things here and that's why I left Real Madrid for this challenge.

"What happened against Everton was rare. It's rare for any player to be substituted after coming on. But again, it was for the team.

"I don't think my World Cup place is at risk. The Brazil coach, Dunga, knows what I'm capable of and has confidence in me."

Robinho admitted it was hard to accept playing no part in City's epic win over United on Tuesday as Mancini overlooked him on the bench in favour of three other substitutes.

But the Brazil star said he respected Mancini's decision and vowed to prove he is worthy of inclusion in the team for next week's decisive return leg at Old Trafford.

"The Carling Cup is our first big chance for a trophy," said Robinho. "For me, it will be very hard not to play in the return leg against United.

"I wanted to play in the first game but the coach decided against it. It was a great game and these matches are always special.

"City have a 2-1 advantage from the first game but matches at Old Trafford are always difficult."

Let's hope he can produce his best at Scunthorpe & underline it.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 am

Ted Hughes wrote:I think he was very different reacting to a City team mate as he is when he's on the Brazil bench but I still hope/pray he'll play a big part for City & this piece in the Daily Rag is just what I hoped for & very encouraging:

Robinho has insisted he has not fallen out with Roberto Mancini and vowed to prove his worth to the Manchester City boss.

City's £32.5million striker suffered the indignity of being taken off with half-an-hour left in a 2-0 defeat at Everton last weekend, after himself coming on as a substitute.

The Brazilian stormed straight down the tunnel, fuelling rumours of a fall-out with Mancini, who left him on the bench for City's 2-1 Carling Cup semi-final win over Manchester U***d.

But Robinho, a summer target for Barcelona, has vowed to prove he has the work ethic to be a success at City, after being criticised for his perceived lack of effort and commitment.

"I don't have a problem with Mancini," said Robinho. "It's normal for a player to want to play but the coach makes the decision and I accept it.

"I've spoken with Mancini. I know what he expects from me and I'll work hard to do that for the team.

"I'm a professional, I'm dedicated and I always give everything in training. It's untrue to say otherwise.

"I want to be successful at City, I don't want to leave. I want to win things here and that's why I left Real Madrid for this challenge.

"What happened against Everton was rare. It's rare for any player to be substituted after coming on. But again, it was for the team.

"I don't think my World Cup place is at risk. The Brazil coach, Dunga, knows what I'm capable of and has confidence in me."

Robinho admitted it was hard to accept playing no part in City's epic win over U***d on Tuesday as Mancini overlooked him on the bench in favour of three other substitutes.

But the Brazil star said he respected Mancini's decision and vowed to prove he is worthy of inclusion in the team for next week's decisive return leg at Old Trafford.

"The Carling Cup is our first big chance for a trophy," said Robinho. "For me, it will be very hard not to play in the return leg against U***d.

"I wanted to play in the first game but the coach decided against it. It was a great game and these matches are always special.

"City have a 2-1 advantage from the first game but matches at Old Trafford are always difficult."

Let's hope he can produce his best at Scunthorpe & underline it.

Was just about to post this...lets hope his actions back up his words...I don't think anyone on here doesn't want him to be successful...it's up to him now
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Crazy_Cabbie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:36 am

Encouraging words by robbie, just hope this was the wake up call he needed.

C'mon robbie Show us your magic.
Crazy_Cabbie
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:38 am

This thread is fucking pathetic. It should be pulled now. What next? Robinho is a twat because he didn't fold his socks together when getting changed?
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:40 am

My thoughts exactly

I love the fact that Robinho is at City and I really really really want him to succeed. As if he does well then so will we. People who have some notion that anyone who criticises him hate him/want him out are barking mad
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:40 am

Let's hope he's up to the challenge against Scunthorpe, I'm pretty sure he will start there, also because Bellamy will be rested for the derby. I just want to point out beforehand, that if anyone expects to see him chasing opposing players like Bellers does, he will be disappointed with Robinho, as he won't do that if not occasionally. It's just not his style of play. The important thing is that he produces the goods in terms of creating chances, making assists and, if possible, scoring.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum