Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:16 pm

deal will be done this week apparently

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... netsk.html
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Saul Goodman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:09 am

i sincerely hope we got him for less than 42.5m euros...way less. like mid to high 20m's, especially since the Sevilla president was shocked that we overpayed for Navas.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby xavi6 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:45 am

Saul Goodman wrote:i sincerely hope we got him for less than 42.5m euros...way less. like mid to high 20m's, especially since the Sevilla president was shocked that we overpayed for Navas.

Does it really matter what we pay for players though in the grand scheme of things? Every other club knows we're minted so every asking price will now have "City tax" attached to it.

I've stopped caring about transfer fees and prefer to focus on whether the player is good enough for us. If he is then great.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby kinkylola » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:53 am

xavi6 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:i sincerely hope we got him for less than 42.5m euros...way less. like mid to high 20m's, especially since the Sevilla president was shocked that we overpayed for Navas.

Does it really matter what we pay for players though in the grand scheme of things? Every other club knows we're minted so every asking price will now have "City tax" attached to it.

I've stopped caring about transfer fees and prefer to focus on whether the player is good enough for us. If he is then great.

I guess it will matter as regards domestic FFP, though i'm no expert on that ... whether or not uefa ffp is ever implemented isn't our largest concern, it's the domestic side.

I'm definitely not most up to date or informed on domestic ffp though, anyone know more?
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:40 am

Right, l never knew this guy has history of home sickness and anxiety disorder. If I remember correctly Jesus Navas has little bit of similar history.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:35 am

Fernandinho has more pace & attacking 'verve' than the likes of Barry & Nige & appears more responsible than Yaya defensively, so all in all (possibly/hopefully) the kind of player I have been asking for in centre mid, since before the Sheikh arrived.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:46 am

"The price at which we have sold Jesus Navas is an amount much higher than we thought they were going to offer, especially as there was only one bidder.

"We do not yet know the final figure as there are many variables and incentives in the deal.

"But we have no need to sell as this has covered our budget deficit.

"In the past we have been willing to sell a player if the market value is offered, but so far all the offers that have come in have been rejected."
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:59 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Fernandinho has more pace & attacking 'verve' than the likes of Barry & Nige & appears more responsible than Yaya defensively, so all in all (possibly/hopefully) the kind of player I have been asking for in centre mid, since before the Sheikh arrived.

Yeah.
From what I've seen of him, and that's couple of Champion's League games really, he seems more dynamic than Barry and Nige. Which is DEFINITELY what we need. He is 28 which bothers me but I'm going to trust powers that be on this.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:03 am

There is absolutely NO WAY we paid 40 odd million for this guy. NO WAY.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Chinners » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:08 am

hmm Brazilian joins City .... <nervous>
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Nigels Tackle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:34 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Fernandinho has more pace & attacking 'verve' than the likes of Barry & Nige & appears more responsible than Yaya defensively, so all in all (possibly/hopefully) the kind of player I have been asking for in centre mid, since before the Sheikh arrived.

Yeah.
From what I've seen of him, and that's couple of Champion's League games really, he seems more dynamic than Barry and Nige. Which is DEFINITELY what we need. He is 28 which bothers me but I'm going to trust powers that be on this.

get with the programme...

he's only here for this coming 2/3 yr cycle so 28 is the perfect age
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Risby » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:36 am

40 million is far too much for a player I know very little about and for someone who isn't bring chased by other clubs.

I'm not saying I've got to know all the players we sign, but usually the players we go for now are on the world stage frequently and are nearly household names amongst football supporters.

This just seems a lot of money for someone who is struggling to make the Brazilian team and the cost isn't far off the Neymar transfer.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:50 am

Risby wrote:40 million is far too much for a player I know very little about and for someone who isn't bring chased by other clubs.

I'm not saying I've got to know all the players we sign, but usually the players we go for now are on the world stage frequently and are nearly household names amongst football supporters.

This just seems a lot of money for someone who is struggling to make the Brazilian team and the cost isn't far off the Neymar transfer.

If we pay 40 Mil for him, I will suck Fergusons nose.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Risby » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:59 am

Risby wrote:40 million is far too much for a player I know very little about and for someone who isn't bring chased by other clubs.

Ted Hughes wrote:

But you do think we will sign him?

I can't really comment on the guy because I know very little about him. It just concerns me that we're linked to paying 40 million for a guy I don't know considering we only payed 25 million for Yaya and then payed 45 million for Aguero.

Is he in the same league as these pair in terms of skill and talent? If not, it seems like stupidity paying all this.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:02 am

Fee will be around £20m, no doubt, with the prototype Sorrano/Tkiki add-ons which were always a feature of their Barca deals.

Fernandinho a decent possible arrival, a genuine Ramires clone only with more goal power and he'd also provide the real box-to-box midfielder that we've needed for a while, and that Ya Ya wasn't last season.

New strikers next please - Cavani and Benteke - then another c-half (not Pepe), cover at left-back and a reserve GK.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:15 am

Risby wrote:

Ted Hughes wrote:

But you do think we will sign him?

I can't really comment on the guy because I know very little about him. It just concerns me that we're linked to paying 40 million for a guy I don't know considering we only payed 25 million for Yaya and then payed 45 million for Aguero.

Is he in the same league as these pair in terms of skill and talent? If not, it seems like stupidity paying all this.

Not at £40 mil, not a cat in hell's chance at 28.

As Goaters says: £20 mil or around that fee probably. And I would put him in the same level as those two talent wise in his position yes. You can never tell with the Prem as it is different, but he is very very good from what I saw last season (one of the most impressive midfielders I saw playing anywhere including City's) & I don't understand why Brazil don't play him every game.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:35 am

Agreed. He'll be one of the two that Pellegrini likes to sit in front of the defence and looks like a more dynamic version of the Barry/De Jong style players we've been using. The ball should get forward a little quicker now and we should be able to hit teams on the break more often.

Maxxi, thanks for the video.

As we seem to be after Fernandinho, Isco and Cavani, is our new transfer policy only to buy players with a vowel on the end of their surnames? Am looking forward to the innovative 'e.i.e.i.o' formation.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Risby » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:41 am

We already have Zaba, Dzeko, Yaya, Silva, Aguero to name a few. Think you might be on to something.

Fuck - Pepe, really don't want this guy, but has a vowel at the end of his name.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:12 am

This one seems to be lighting up the newswires - Shaktar given in on clause, lined up replacement, Ferdy is coming.............
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:16 am

ITK from BM (MCRJON) saying he is currently at the Etihad if fans want to get a signature!
Plain Speaking

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum