Ade in trouble? [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade in trouble? [merged]

Postby Chinners » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:58 am

Anything from a two to 6 match ban for Ade . . . depending on the paper of your choice this morning
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:02 am

There is no doubt our player will be treated worse than any SCUM player would.

In my opinion the fan thing has been dealt with by the booking. But the stamp is another matter. The FA dont have to 'prove' anything, they just do whatever they want, from a 3-game ban for a little flick whilst under assault by SWP, to total exoneration for Alan Shearer when blatantly stamping on Neil Lennon's (was it?) head at Leicester. Course he was England captain at the time.

I'm afraid Ade has done it and we just have to get on with it. He'll be raring to go after a ban!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:35 am

FA can only look at incidents the referee missed or are outside the referees jurisdiction.
On incidents missed by the ref their job is to make it "as if it had been seen" which means that of the ref doesn't refer to it in his report ("I saw it and it was OK") then he will likely get a straight red/3 match ban.

As the ref DID handle the celebration, the FA cannot revisit it. The card MUST have been for provocative behaviour as he stayed away from the crowd and kept his shirt on. Already handled.

On the other hand the club (Arsenal) COULD be charged for not taking due diligence to ensure their fans are under control:

"Each Affiliated Association, Competition and Club shall be responsible for
ensuring:
a) that its directors, players, officials, employees, servants, representatives,
spectators and all persons purporting to be its supporters or followers,
conduct themselves in an orderly fashion and refrain from any one or a
combination of the following: racist, violent, threatening, abusive, obscene
or provocative behaviour,
conduct or language whilst attending at or taking
part in a Match in which it is involved, whether on its own ground or
elsewhere; and
b) that no spectators or unauthorised persons are permitted to encroach onto
the pitch area, save for reasons of crowd safety, or to throw missiles,
bottles or other potentially harmful or dangerous objects at or on to the
pitch."

Hang em high I say
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby viking the Odd » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:40 am

Can't see what all the fuss is about, his reaction after scoring was dealt with a yellow card, as for the supposed stamp, it looks worse in slow motion, but he did not do it in slo-mo, so I say let him play, seriously, percies tackle was just as bad,and could of been much worse if Ade had not evaded it.
But it's the FA, we are us, so 5 match ban, where in truth,a £ 25 fine would be sufficient.
viking the Odd
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Hazy » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:04 am

Not going to say if he did mean only he knows but if you come into contact with the new boot then minimum is a graze worst a cut.
RVP got a crack for his troubles all part and parcel if you are trying to nail a player out of frustration after thinking you have turned the game but are now getting battered. No mention of the City fans struck by coins I notice, Typical Arsenal P.R whinging because they lose and hiding the fact they are a club going nowhere..
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby ross.mcfc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:08 am

A 3 match ban is coming his way and quite rightly to. It was a deliberate stamp and both City and the player should take the punishment coming. I also hope City fine him two weeks wages because we really need him on Sunday and he put his personal vendetta over the team.

What I am finding disgusting is the reaction to his celebration by the media. It's being compared to the Millwall West Ham Riots and the Cantona fan attack. Compare the media reaction to Beckham challenging one of his own fans to a fight recently? Rooney kissing his United badge infront of the Everton fans, Neville taunting the Liverpool fans. Compare the reaction to the stamp which deserves bad headlines to be fair to say that of Gerrards a few years ago against Everton and Rooneys in the CL against a Turkish side.

I cant possibly think of the link of those names above.

I dont work with any other city fans and neither are any of my mates and to a man everyone one of them thought it was hilarious. If you cant take it, dont dish it out. It's my pet hate with football fans and I would be saying the exact same if Daniel Sturridge does that to us and our fans behave like that.
ross.mcfc

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:09 am

This will be a three match ban for the stamp...The celebration should go unpunished as he was already given a yellow card for it which theoretically should work in our favour
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:11 am

I see City, via Ade, are launching a press 'what is all the fuss about?' counter-attack to influence minds. Also see the Arsenal sites have switched their considerable anger to My Wenger.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:16 am

didnt this earn Micky B a three match break?
Now that's a stamp

[youtube]56GVkhE6CVI[/youtube]

Alex Sapphire

Postby Blue in North London » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:17 am

I can't defend the stamp. It was not good, and he deserves a ban. If anything, we are lucky he wasn't sent-off.

Adebayor has been damaged by what happened but so have Arsenal. I think the Robin "no means no" Van Persie statement on the Arsenal OS was aimed at maniupulating the situation. A week ago, Arsenal complained about the chants aimed at Wenger by United fans, yet Arsenal fans came out with some vile chants aimed at Adebayor. Not to mention throwing missles on to the field of play and one City fan is apparently in hospital with a brain injury after he was attacked by an Arsenal supporter.

Football fans are delicate little creatures. They abuse players and as soon as one of them celebrates in front of them, they complain to the police about incitement and then flood football phone-ins esxpressing their disgust at wealthy footballers not being able to take abuse while being paid £000s a week. Tarts.

The Head of FA, Ian Whatmore, is an Arsenal fan, and the chief club representaticve on teh FA is David Gill. I would be surprised if Adebayor played against United on Sunday, and I can see him getting at least 4 games.

Anyways,

Adebayor,
Adebayor,
He can do the 100m,
In 9.4
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby dazby » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:08 am

Bollocks. Not a stamp. No way. Where the hell is he supposed to put his foot? Look at his upper body positioning.

RVP should be banned for trying to damage Ades boots. Cheeky bastard.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Ted, the guy was clearly bleeding from the head. In football boots you just can't make contact like that without it causing damage. A stamp, a kick, whatever you want to call it. Unprovoked or not it's wrong.

I'm not hysterical at all. I actually think that it's those who believe in these ludicrous conspiracy theories that are hysterical. I'm not turning against the club at all, and I hope you're not trying to get my riled up by saying such a thing because that's unfair. I'm just not going to defend something that I think is clearly wrong because he's wearing a City shirt.

You're assuming the contact with his head was intentional and Im still not totally convinced that it was - I saw him deliberately alter his foot position in mid air in the replays but in one (from behind) it looks like he is attempting to avoid landing on PVs hand - the replay from the front is a bit more damning but Im still not 100% convinced he intended to make contact with VP's head - he had literally milliseconds to react.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Beeks » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:54 am

He's Adebayor...He's Adebayoooooooooor
He stamped on Van Persie
Now his head is sore...
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ant london » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:19 am

I very much liked this letter on f365

...Amidst all the opprobrium, am I the only one who thinks Adebayor's celebration is the greatest non-football thing seen on a football pitch in decades? I have never liked the guy but for a snippet of sheer drama the sight of him sprinting the full length of the pitch, screaming all the way like some demented warrior, and then sliding to an elegant halt was just... perfect. He has risen hugely in my estimation by his action. Anybody who gets so much crap from fans - fully deserved, no doubt - should feel perfectly justified in giving it back in spades, and that's exactly what he did, in spectacular fashion.

It's not his fault those Arsenal fans who reacted were such complete morons. The oft-cited excuse of 'provocation' is a numbskull's sanctuary. If you are so emotionally incontinent that you can't restrain yourself from violence when someone goads you about the outcome of a football match, then you shouldn't be allowed into a football stadium.
Bob, Birmingham
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:23 am

dazby wrote:Bollocks. Not a stamp. No way. Where the hell is he supposed to put his foot? Look at his upper body positioning.

RVP should be banned for trying to damage Ades boots. Cheeky bastard.

Van Persie's tackle should be reviewed as it was clearly missed and worthy of a card.
Also VP's goal celebration was disgusting and provocative AND very clearly targeted at City fans. Review that you FA fookers

Now if we could only stop these provocative chants, none of this would have happened.

Alex Sapphire

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:31 am

Dameerto wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Ted, the guy was clearly bleeding from the head. In football boots you just can't make contact like that without it causing damage. A stamp, a kick, whatever you want to call it. Unprovoked or not it's wrong.

I'm not hysterical at all. I actually think that it's those who believe in these ludicrous conspiracy theories that are hysterical. I'm not turning against the club at all, and I hope you're not trying to get my riled up by saying such a thing because that's unfair. I'm just not going to defend something that I think is clearly wrong because he's wearing a City shirt.

You're assuming the contact with his head was intentional and Im still not totally convinced that it was - I saw him deliberately alter his foot position in mid air in the replays but in one (from behind) it looks like he is attempting to avoid landing on PVs hand - the replay from the front is a bit more damning but Im still not 100% convinced he intended to make contact with VP's head - he had literally milliseconds to react.

The replay from behind is correct. You can see the height of his foot and that most of his weight is on his other foot.

In the replay from the front his foot moves, but he doesn't move it. The movement itself is caused by the collision with van Persie. That's why it looks like he's stamping.

If you look at each view individually then you have 2 views where you don't see a stamp and one where you do. But if you look at what actually happens in the other views rather than just looking for evidence of a stamp and piece together what happened then it's clear. Any TV view is only 2 dimensional, if you look at a few 2D views you can either see a series of different incidents (none necessarily correct) or you can try and construct what happened in 3D.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Wooders » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 am

ant london wrote:I very much liked this letter on f365

...Amidst all the opprobrium, am I the only one who thinks Adebayor's celebration is the greatest non-football thing seen on a football pitch in decades? I have never liked the guy but for a snippet of sheer drama the sight of him sprinting the full length of the pitch, screaming all the way like some demented warrior, and then sliding to an elegant halt was just... perfect. He has risen hugely in my estimation by his action. Anybody who gets so much crap from fans - fully deserved, no doubt - should feel perfectly justified in giving it back in spades, and that's exactly what he did, in spectacular fashion.

It's not his fault those Arsenal fans who reacted were such complete morons. The oft-cited excuse of 'provocation' is a numbskull's sanctuary. If you are so emotionally incontinent that you can't restrain yourself from violence when someone goads you about the outcome of a football match, then you shouldn't be allowed into a football stadium.
Bob, Birmingham

Very good letter from Bob Birmingham - I also like his efficient nickname system that mirrors your Ant London of "First name - Location"
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby john@staustell » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:58 am

Wooders wrote:
ant london wrote:I very much liked this letter on f365

Bob, Birmingham

Very good letter from Bob Birmingham - I also like his efficient nickname system that mirrors your Ant London of "First name - Location"

Yeah - no originality, they should put '@' in it!!

Think the 'London' bit may be a red herring though?!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:59 am

I've been absolutely convinced that it was a deliberate act but what some of you are suggesting here, makes me think.

I was too far away but normally, someone nearby can spot a player doing something like that quite easily; yet the referee was right next to the incident & saw nothing. Not only that but there's usually one hell of a bust up between players when that happens yet, even though Adebayor is public enemy No1 at Arsenal, none of their players reacted. The only reaction was from the crowd complaining about RVP's actions.

If it was so deliberate & happened right in full view of everybody, why didn't anyone see it? Could it be because the slomo is making it look deliberate but in reality it was just a bloke keeping his balance?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby lythamblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:23 am

Before reading through this thread .... I thought that whatever happens, Ade will end up being banned for at least one if not both of these incidents.

However, after reading this thread, many of you have put such compelling arguments for his defence .... I only hope that whoever the club appoints to argue these cases on Ade's behalf, spends some time reading through all this.

Ironically, many on here actually know more about the background and have probably given it far more time and thought than any appointed club represeantative or lawyer.

Nevertheless ..... me thinks a ban of some sort is still on the way.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum