Subinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Subinho

Postby Wooders » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:54 am

I see the "Robinho lickers" are clinging on to the original arguement of a 6 page thread rather than looking at the bigger picture that there is something rotten in denmark when it comes to 'binho - its a fact not an opinion - he, for whatever reason, is not being effective or playing well, and it seems, from the outside, that this is because of his famously poor attitude when he isn't considered and automatic starting choice for his team - I could be wrong, I could be talking out my arse but please, this thread has moved on from whether or not he should have sucked off tevez when he came off
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:56 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:Let's hope he's up to the challenge against Scunthorpe, I'm pretty sure he will start there, also because Bellamy will be rested for the derby. I just want to point out beforehand, that if anyone expects to see him chasing opposing players like Bellers does, he will be disappointed with Robinho, as he won't do that if not occasionally. It's just not his style of play. The important thing is that he produces the goods in terms of creating chances, making assists and, if possible, scoring.

I don't think any manager or (sane) fan expects Robbie to do what Bellamy does, just to make an effort to get goal side & make a bit of a nuisance of himself & then to be ready & in position to break & receive the ball, which imo is what he's doing. What everyone does expect though is, when Tevez & co race around getting the ball back & give it him, he uses his talent better & with more thought for the team rather than trying a back heel at the halfway line & leaving them to go & get it back so he can do it again.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:08 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Let's hope he's up to the challenge against Scunthorpe, I'm pretty sure he will start there, also because Bellamy will be rested for the derby. I just want to point out beforehand, that if anyone expects to see him chasing opposing players like Bellers does, he will be disappointed with Robinho, as he won't do that if not occasionally. It's just not his style of play. The important thing is that he produces the goods in terms of creating chances, making assists and, if possible, scoring.

I don't think any manager or (sane) fan expects Robbie to do what Bellamy does, just to make an effort to get goal side & make a bit of a nuisance of himself & then to be ready & in position to break & receive the ball, which imo is what he's doing. What everyone does expect though is, when Tevez & co race around getting the ball back & give it him, he uses his talent better & with more thought for the team rather than trying a back heel at the halfway line & leaving them to go & get it back so he can do it again.

That's clearly not acceptable, of course. I in fact said he should concentrate on producing assists, goals and creating chances. ;)
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:12 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

That's clearly not acceptable, of course. I in fact said he should concentrate on producing assists, goals and creating chances. ;)

I know you did & I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out what it is that most people are actually asking of him ;)

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:24 am

Wooders wrote:I see the "Robinho lickers" are clinging on to the original arguement of a 6 page thread rather than looking at the bigger picture that there is something rotten in denmark when it comes to 'binho - its a fact not an opinion - he, for whatever reason, is not being effective or playing well, and it seems, from the outside, that this is because of his famously poor attitude when he isn't considered and automatic starting choice for his team - I could be wrong, I could be talking out my arse but please, this thread has moved on from whether or not he should have sucked off tevez when he came off

I don't think anyone (apart from Rag Hater maybe) is trying to say he is playing well. I've been just as pissed with his performances as the next supporter. However giving him hard time for his reaction to Tevez coming to bench is over the top in my opinion.

Furthermore, I have been genuinely shocked about overall reaction to tuesdays game. I was personally over the moon with the game and even the way we played considering what we had available to selection. I came here expecting good celebration session. Yet many people can't find anything but negative to say about the performance. I'm sure I will be called dickhead or whatever by the usual suspects for saying that but I have to say I am amazed.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:41 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Wooders wrote:I see the "Robinho lickers" are clinging on to the original arguement of a 6 page thread rather than looking at the bigger picture that there is something rotten in denmark when it comes to 'binho - its a fact not an opinion - he, for whatever reason, is not being effective or playing well, and it seems, from the outside, that this is because of his famously poor attitude when he isn't considered and automatic starting choice for his team - I could be wrong, I could be talking out my arse but please, this thread has moved on from whether or not he should have sucked off tevez when he came off

I don't think anyone (apart from Rag Hater maybe) is trying to say he is playing well. I've been just as pissed with his performances as the next supporter. However giving him hard time for his reaction to Tevez coming to bench is over the top in my opinion.

Furthermore, I have been genuinely shocked about overall reaction to tuesdays game. I was personally over the moon with the game and even the way we played considering what we had available to selection. I came here expecting good celebration session. Yet many people can't find anything but negative to say about the performance. I'm sure I will be called dickhead or whatever by the usual suspects for saying that but I have to say I am amazed.

I think some of us & plenty of neutrals tbf, think Utd's defence would crack under pressure & we could have been more positive that's all. Many of us at the gropund cheered when the draw was announced looking forward to tearing into them singing cheering City forwartd etc & what actually happened was we sat back & killed off the atmosphere somewhat. Although It's a decent result, it's not what some of us had in mind when the draw was made.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:44 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

I think some of us & plenty of neutrals tbf, think Utd's defence would crack under pressure & we could have been more positive that's all. Many of us at the gropund cheered when the draw was announced looking forward to tearing into them singing cheering City forwartd etc & what actually happened was we sat back & killed off the atmosphere somewhat. Although It's a decent result, it's not what some of us had in mind when the draw was made.

Fair enough. BUT for me that game, as Cup games and Derby games always, was about result first and foremost. We got the result I was hoping for and dreaming about. With the players we had available, I couldn't see us having chance for anything better than win by one goal margin. Which we got.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:45 am

As I (and others) have tried at some length to point out, none of us have been negative. We have been realistic about the performance and have highlighted areas that we'll need to improve on if we are to win at Old Trafford.

I take it, on the basis of your being over the moon, that if you were Mancini your instructions at training between yesterday and next week would just be "yeah lads, it was a perfect performance, just do the same next week. As you were". If you would then you are a a moron (I deny you the dickhead you seek such is my negativity). HOWEVER, I suspect that if you were the manager you might actually want them to do things differently...and that is all we have been discussing.

And you have the bare faced cheek to complain (incorrectly) that people have been being negative. It simply beggars belief . I cast my mind back to earlier this season and all the way through last when we'd won and not played particularly amazingly.

I and others would often come on here happy with the result and wanting to discuss only to have the likes of you, Slim, Edge, CARL, King Kev moaning your arses off and finding every single real (or imagined negative). You all combined to put a damper on so many lucky wins and the celebratory feelings everyone else had by starting thread after tedious thread banging your favourite (and thinly disguised) drum on various themes that all came back to the fact that you didn't like the manager.

So you my friend, can stop imagining that you see things that are not there, playing this "I just want to enjoy the forum" martyr nonsense and if you don't like someone's "negativity" then just follow your own advice and don't read/reply to those nasty miserable party pooping posts.

Bless your sensitive little cotton socks
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby JB » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:46 am

ant london wrote:
sandman wrote:I WATCHED THE MATCH AGAIN TWICE LAST NIGHT ON BBC I-PLAYER, AND I STILL THINK THIS THREAD IS FUCKING BULLSHIT. ALL ROBINHO DID WAS CARRY ON WATCHING THE GAME, DOES HE REALLY HAVE TO SWALLOW SOME CARLOS COCK TO SHOW APPRECIATION?

THIS THREAD IS JUST REGURGITATING THE COMMENTARY BOLLOX, WOULD YOU HAVE EVEN NOTICED IT IF THEY DIDNT POINT IT OUT, EVEN CHINNERS WOULD'NT PRINT THIS BOLLOX IN HIS BOLLOX THREAD.

OK then Einstein. I watched the match with Arabic commentary and have no fucking idea what any English commentators said about it.

And I was one of the first to post about this (in fact I posted about it in another thread before this one was started).

We got the message that you think this is all bullshit yesterday....that still doesn't alter the fact that I think he acted like a petulant self absorbed prima donna and that he needs to buck his ideas up

Where's your evidence? As far as I could see, he shook Tevez's hand and went on with watching the game. What's the guy supposed to do?
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:51 am

ant london wrote:

I and others would often come on here happy with the result and wanting to discuss only to have the likes of you, Slim, Edge, CARL, King Kev moaning your arses off and finding every single real (or imagined negative). You all combined to put a damper on so many lucky wins and the celebratory feelings everyone else had by starting thread after tedious thread banging your favourite (and thinly disguised) drum on various themes that all came back to the fact that you didn't like the manager.

I have never moaned after a win, no matter who was in charge. "You can't argue with the results" was the mantra that I kept repeating ad nauseum. Only after Hamburg win I was disappointed, whereas some people were in celebratory mood.

I don't answer for anyone else's opinions or posting though.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

Fair enough. BUT for me that game, as Cup games and Derby games always, was about result first and foremost. We got the result I was hoping for and dreaming about. With the players we had available, I couldn't see us having chance for anything better than win by one goal margin. Which we got.

I just think Wes Brown's a disaster & if you get at him you score wheras if you let Rooney & co get at you THEY score. If we maintain a decent attacking threat at OT, even if we play with a good amount of caution, I recon we'll pick them off for a few goals but if we sit backto the extent we did at the start & end of the home game, effectively having no attack, only luck will save us.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:02 pm

ant london wrote:My thoughts exactly

I love the fact that Robinho is at City and I really really really want him to succeed. As if he does well then so will we. People who have some notion that anyone who criticises him hate him/want him out are barking mad

Its a bit of a problem on this board lately Ant. And its getting fucking tedious.

If you want to be critical about any aspet that you feel is undermining the club or being disrespectful to the club, once it has a bit of creedance(what a fucking band!), then it should be ok. Any such thread should be filled with "I think he's fine", "I think he's a waster""I don't see a problem because..."....

What it shouldn't have every three or four posts is the "perspective" buzzers who immediately think those who feel differently to them are "haters" or "twat heads" or "fucking cry babies".

Come on, whats wrong with just debating the point, this thread is several pages long and the opinion is 50/50, so there's no need for all the other bollox.

On topic, nice to see what Robinho said, I hope he backs it up when he's given his chance.

Come on fella, we all want you to succeed!
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:14 pm

ant london wrote:

I have never moaned after a win, no matter who was in charge. "You can't argue with the results" was the mantra that I kept repeating ad nauseum. Only after Hamburg win I was disappointed, whereas some people were in celebratory mood.

I don't answer for anyone else's opinions or posting though.

HYPOCRITS.

IT HAS BEEN NOTED THAT THERE ARE MANY FANS ON HERE THAT COME OUT WITH "VEILED" NEGATIVES ( BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY GAME HE,S HAD) TOWARDS OUR CURRENT MANAGER WHO HAS JUST DONE WHAT THE LAST MUPPET COULDNT DO.......... MAN CITY 2 - THE SCUM 1.

PATHETIC.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
HYPOCRITS.

IT HAS BEEN NOTED THAT THERE ARE MANY FANS ON HERE THAT COME OUT WITH "VEILED" NEGATIVES ( BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY GAME HE,S HAD) TOWARDS OUR CURRENT MANAGER WHO HAS JUST DONE WHAT THE LAST MUPPET COULDNT DO.......... MAN CITY 2 - THE SCUM 1.

PATHETIC.

[strike]You and your "veiled" bollocks again eh. You are obsessed. I think I was pretty explicit in what I was saying and who it was aimed at, no it is not remotely hypocritical. You're clutching at straws about these "veiled negatives" IMO, I've not seen much in the way of negativity (explicit or implicit) towards Mancini, his methods or the results.

I've also said that I think the new manager seems to be the right choice, I'm pleased with the results and I think he is improving the things we were poor at under Mark Hughes.

So come on, Mr I WANT CLARITY. Who are these "many fans". Name them[/strike]

EDIT: Let's just leave it eh.
Last edited by ant london on Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby JB » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:33 pm

ant london wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
HYPOCRITS.

PATHETIC.

You and your "veiled" bollocks again eh. You are obsessed. I think I was pretty explicit in what I was saying and who it was aimed at, no it is not remotely hypocritical. You're clutching at straws about these "veiled negatives" IMO, I've not seen much in the way of negativity (explicit or implicit) towards Mancini, his methods or the results.

I've also said that I think the new manager seems to be the right choice, I'm pleased with the results and I think he is improving the things we were poor at under Mark Hughes.

So come on, Mr I WANT CLARITY. Who are these "many fans". Name them

Sorry Ant, that's a bit rich coming from you. You've made statements on Robinho based on pure conjecture, and you're asking for clarity? Talk about double standards.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:39 pm

JB wrote:
Sorry Ant, that's a bit rich coming from you. You've made statements on Robinho based on pure conjecture, and you're asking for clarity? Talk about double standards.

Keep up mate, Carl wanted me and Ted to clarify who we were referring to in the past when we made similar statements relating to "certain posters"

I'm just asking him to do the same.

And I've expressed OPINIONS re Robinho. That's kind of the whole point of a forum I think....I haven't asked Robinho for clarity, nor have I asked for anyone to clarify how he actually feels.

Clear now?
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby john@staustell » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:43 pm

Funny 12 months down the line and no-one actually cares what Robinho thinks or feels, in the sense that when he walked out at Tenerife to go AWOL we were all pretty desperate.

The club and management has moved on to the extent that if he plays well, he gets in the team, if not he's out. Simple as. Just like every bugger else and the way it should be.

Shine at Scunthorpe Robbie!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:43 pm

This thread still going?
Fidel Castro

Postby Original Dub » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Reading through this thread and the Mancini thread, its obvious that some folks are intent on putting others in a box when they express their opinions.... which is quickly followed by "who's that supposed to be aimed at" kind of shit.

So why don't we just name and shame these people and put them in their box:

Box 1: Robinho haters
Box 2: Robinho lovers
Box 3: Mancini haters
Box 4: Mancini lovers

OR

Box 5: Manchester City fan

Cut all this shit and just let people have a debate. The worst thing about threads since we got rid of the Hughes In/Out debates is that several cunts feel like wading in to throw labels around and ask for perspective... riding in on the high horse just to look down and snarl.

Its really annoying at this stage. If you don't agree with something in a thread, what's wrong with saying that? Why accuse people of not being happy that we won the first leg? Its a silly accusation to throw towards a city fan after city won.

Please.
Original Dub

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:49 pm

you have a good point Dr Dub.

I shall desist from further comment on the subject.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum