Fernandinho

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Fernandinho

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:22 am

Plain Speaking wrote:ITK from BM (MCRJON) saying he is currently at the Etihad if fans want to get a signature!

Why would anyone want MCRJON's signature?
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:27 am

Plain Speaking wrote:ITK from BM (MCRJON) saying he is currently at the Etihad if fans want to get a signature!

Is he the new Tolmie?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:29 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

LOL!
Looks like Fernandinho must be imminent!
Probably several players will be paraded at Pelligrini's unveiling.:-)
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:35 am

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Is he the new Tolmie?

Better.
He's excellent, (he must be one of the City management?)
No ego, spin, videos or any nonsense, just quick posts of ITK news, eg "x" has signed, he also said last week that Tevez has been offered an extension contract, but he has no idea if he will sign.
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:50 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:

LOL!
Looks like Fernandinho must be imminent!
Probably several players will be paraded at Pelligrini's unveiling.:-)

My thoughts/hopes as well.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:07 pm

MEN are reporting he's apparently having a medical now
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:MEN are reporting he's apparently having a medical now

Getting our transfer business done early on, I like this!
Blue Blood

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:MEN are reporting he's apparently having a medical now

Who MCRJON? Awesome.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Lee_R » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:26 pm

Lol they've got Ferdinand we've got Fernandinho

Losers.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Stu Brennan has now confirmed Fernandinho is indeed having a medical with us today. Announcement not expected until next week however.
Blue Blood

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Cocacolajojo wrote:

Is he the new Tolmie?

Better.
He's excellent, (he must be one of the City management?)
No ego, spin, videos or any nonsense, just quick posts of ITK news, eg "x" has signed, he also said last week that Tevez has been offered an extension contract, but he has no idea if he will sign.

Tolmie did not know, nor does he know anything. He was an assiduous gossip reader and managed to hide that behind allusions and youtube videos. He took strong rumours and then emphasized them with emotional, abstract posts of his own. Noothing he ever revealed was unknown to anyone who had payed attention to the newspapers. And he always covered his (many) mistakes with saying "well these negotiations are always very insecure and there are so many factors and noone knows how they end up anyway".
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Lee_R » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:55 pm

Blue Blood wrote:Stu Brennan has now confirmed Fernandinho is indeed having a medical with us today. Announcement not expected until next week however.

Stus just become cynical like us lol..

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri
And Fernandinho to City is gonna be official soon...

Thats more like it ^
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby bigblue » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:03 pm

seems like a mix of Pizarro and Ramires
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Luke11993 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho has arrived for a medical ahead of his proposed £25 million move to Manchester City, Goal understands.

The 28-year-old Brazilian arrived at the city’s Bridgewater hospital for tests on Wednesday afternoon ahead of a tour of the club's Carrington training ground after agreeing a £100,000-a-week deal at the Etihad Stadium.

Shakhtar had included a release clause worth £40.5m in the box-to-box midfielder's contract, but City officials have reached a compromise deal worth just over £15m below that fee after talks with the Ukrainian outfit, with a further £5m possible in performance-related bonuses.

Goal revealed last month that Fernandinho is one of six top-level targets for the Premier League runners-up this summer on a £120m-rated shortlist also including Edinson Cavani, Isco, Thiago Alcantara, Diego Novaretti and Jesus Navas, who was revealed to have agreed terms with City on Monday.

The Brazilian, who has frequently expressed his desire to join City on Twitter in recent months, had lobbied for Shakhtar to reduce his release clause, fearing that a move to the Premier League could fall through.

"The day I signed, the club’s director guaranteed me that was normal with his players, and that in a transfer, we could negotiate and reach an agreement on the price," he said last month.

"I trusted them, and I didn't think about the consequences it would bring me in the future. My dream is being threatened because of the high valuation."

However, he could now be announced as a City player as early as this weekend, making him the second major signing of the summer alongside Navas, with the club still yet to confirm the arrival of former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini as Roberto Mancini’s successor.

The Ukrainian outfit have been heavily linked with Gremio's Fernando in Brazil as a potential replacement for the 28-year-old in central midfield.
Luke11993
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby PeterParker » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Luke11993 wrote:Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fernandinho has arrived for a medical ahead of his proposed £25 million move to Manchester City, Goal understands.

The 28-year-old Brazilian arrived at the city’s Bridgewater hospital for tests on Wednesday afternoon ahead of a tour of the club's Carrington training ground after agreeing a £100,000-a-week deal at the Etihad Stadium.

Shakhtar had included a release clause worth £40.5m in the box-to-box midfielder's contract, but City officials have reached a compromise deal worth just over £15m below that fee after talks with the Ukrainian outfit, with a further £5m possible in performance-related bonuses.

Goal revealed last month that Fernandinho is one of six top-level targets for the Premier League runners-up this summer on a £120m-rated shortlist also including Edinson Cavani, Isco, Thiago Alcantara, Diego Novaretti and Jesus Navas, who was revealed to have agreed terms with City on Monday.

The Brazilian, who has frequently expressed his desire to join City on Twitter in recent months, had lobbied for Shakhtar to reduce his release clause, fearing that a move to the Premier League could fall through.

"The day I signed, the club’s director guaranteed me that was normal with his players, and that in a transfer, we could negotiate and reach an agreement on the price," he said last month.

"I trusted them, and I didn't think about the consequences it would bring me in the future. My dream is being threatened because of the high valuation."

However, he could now be announced as a City player as early as this weekend, making him the second major signing of the summer alongside Navas, with the club still yet to confirm the arrival of former Malaga boss Manuel Pellegrini as Roberto Mancini’s successor.

The Ukrainian outfit have been heavily linked with Gremio's Fernando in Brazil as a potential replacement for the 28-year-old in central midfield.

Was about to post that.

I bit surprised. Lucescu said that the price is 19 mil pounds.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Blue Blood » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:24 pm

bigblue wrote:seems like a mix of Pizarro and Ramires

Most who know about him are just calling him a more technical Ramires, so a Pizzaro/Ramires mix is an apt comparison.

Seems unanimous among those who know about him in detail that Barry's days as a stalwart in our mid are over with this signing. opinion is he will walk into our mid. Seems a top signing.
Blue Blood

Postby bobby brows » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Here's hope were not calling him the Brazilian Gelson Fernandes come May.
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City

Postby Swales4ever » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:49 pm

bigblue wrote:seems like a mix of Pizarro and Ramires

Agreed and good to have someone to offload Yaya, also in the hope that the much mentioned gossip on his contractual structure. if real, will be amended to prevent Yaya from playing each and every game, unnecessarily.

Still, I hope we are gonna fix the main hole with Cavani - if we want to progress in Europe where You don't get dozens of goalscoring opportunities, and that the Navas geezer would prove up to the task.
Should Isco join too, as it seems probable, Nasri fate appears doomed: 4 + an year older Suarez, who should be given some room in the newly holistic template, are definitely too many to stay happy.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Sideshow Bob » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 pm

suarez has no shot imo. just not good enough.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Michael Brookes » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:54 pm

SSN breaking news.. fernandinho to city 40m euro approx £35m..

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much if true
Michael Brookes
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum