Ade in trouble? [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade in trouble? [merged]

Postby Robinho_Is_GOD » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:23 am

I think the FA will do anything they can to help the scum out of getting a beating this weekend, if it means rushing a punnishment for Adebayor to them, then so be it.

City should just appeal, as all game all the Arsenal players and their stupid and cowardly fans were hurling swing-kicks (in the players aspect) or abuse not fit for a public place his way, in the hope of antagonising or injuring him, yes van Perswank went to "take him out" with a kick from the back that would have took his legs away at the knee-cap area, lucky for us Adebayor saw it coming, avoided it so that van Perswank's attempt at crippling him failed, and then got that Dutch diving twat with a beauty of a kick that DIDN'T miss.....shame he never put more uummph into the downward movement, if your going to do it Ade, do it right!.
Robinho_Is_GOD
pot noodle style supporter
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Robinho

Postby Grob » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:05 pm

did someone say Trouble......

[youtube]QL15Ya5fsgo[/youtube]
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Fish111 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:18 pm

I'm gettin sick to fuckin death of players from ANY team being hauled before the FA and banned for incidents in matches not seen by the referee or even dealt with by the referee and SKY replays being used to charge players. Who the fuck are SKY to start getting players in the shit? They are there to show the games, their replays imo should not be used to condemn players for incidents which the referee sees and deals with or doesn't see.
If they are going to use the replays then Ade will get let off for the 'Vile & malicious stamp' on Robin Van Pussies head because only ONE angle showed that he mighthave meant to make contact with him, ALL the other angles were ALL inconclusive. ONLY Ade will know what was going through Ades mind.

He will get skull-fucked for the goal celebration though, no replays required for that.
Fish111
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:23 pm

Just heard that if they dont charge him with anything by tomorrow they cant do shit about it.

They also said they think he will be charged by today/tomorrow, then on Wednesday we have the right to appeal. The hearing for the appeal will be on Thusday if we choose to go down that road, and the final out come should be later on after the hearing. So we will know on Thusday if ade will be able to play on Sunday.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby smith10281980 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:18 pm

我愛曼城CTTY TILL I DIE

無論雨怎麼打,自由仍是會開花!
smith10281980
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:02 pm

Hughes defends Adebayor
[url]
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... l-adebayor[/url]

Interesting that there's a photo of Adebayor hugging van Persie after the game and Hughes asserts that he did apologise at that time. If that's true, and it almost certainly is, then van Persie's statement should be seen in a different light. It calls into question his credibility in his assertion about it being deliberate (more than it already was).

Also interesting to note that there were 14 arrests at the midlands derby.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby yorkieblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:22 pm

can he still get punished even tho he got a yellow card for his celebration?
City Till I Die

yorkieblue
Darius Vassell's Composure

My favourite player is: Carlos Tevezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Postby david yearsley » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Got me thinking this - all we have seen are slow-mo replays and to me this clearly exacerbates any insinuation of intent - anyone got the normal speed vid of the incident from the front?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:37 pm

david yearsley wrote:Got me thinking this - all we have seen are slow-mo replays and to me this clearly exacerbates any insinuation of intent - anyone got the normal speed vid of the incident from the front?

See thats the thing nearly anything can look how you want it at the right angle...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby ronk » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:48 pm

yorkieblue wrote:can he still get punished even tho he got a yellow card for his celebration?

I don't know. I was always under the impression that it was a requisite of banning someone for an incident the ref missed that the incident was a red card offence.

As such it should be the case that the yellow card is sufficient punishment. But it's hard to know because they quite happily threw out that rationale to ban Eduardo, although simulation was covered differently (because the offence is deceiving a ref not just simulation, it stands to reason that the referee can't award you a yellow card at the time).

We also have history of getting banned in new and interesting ways that wasn't an offence until one of ours did it. This shouldn't even be a debate, Adebayor did not make (nor is he accused of) any provocative gesture to opposition fans. He celebrated in a normal, acceptable manner he just ran a long way to do it in front of them instead of us. Can he be held accountable for their overreaction? Perhaps if he had done something, anything beyond a power slide he would have a different case to answer. But to do otherwise would be to punish him only because of the inappropriate behaviour of a number of Arsenal fans. This is wholly different to the Gary Neville case because there was no offensive gesture.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Martinez » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:50 pm

yorkieblue wrote:can he still get punished even tho he got a yellow card for his celebration?

That's what I was thinking, can the FA actually charge a player if the referee saw the incident clearly and duly punished the player? When it comes to the RvP colllision, Clattenburg can look at the footage and claim if he had seen the incident better, he would have given a straight red, in which case there will be a suspension. Imho it can be worth 2 games suspension tops
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Crossie » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:56 pm

There obviously taking alot of time over this one, maybe its a split opinion, which might be a good thing, guilty until proven innocent.

The ref watched the whole celebration and punished Ade for it, therefore that incident is closed and cannot be altered.

Its the way Van Persie put his head underneath Ade's foot that will be investigated and punished.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:13 pm

The power of the press in action.
I'm really pissed off at seeing Percy get away with similar offences in the same game. He quite clearly incited the crowd with his celebration and put in a dangerous challenge on Adebayor. The difference seems to be that one has been highlighted by the media and the other conveniently overlooked.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby david yearsley » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:18 pm

City are clearly hanging fire on this - if the F.A. come down hard expect us to unleash club and police proceedings against RVP with the full force at our disposal
david yearsley

Postby avoidconfusion » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm

I am pretty sure the FA will ban Adebayor for the stamp and to be honest watching replays from 3 different angles, and at least 2 of them show that he kicked him intentionally probably due to the way v.Persie lunged at him.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:24 pm

lythamblue wrote:Before reading through this thread .... I thought that whatever happens, Ade will end up being banned for at least one if not both of these incidents.

However, after reading this thread, many of you have put such compelling arguments for his defence .... I only hope that whoever the club appoints to argue these cases on Ade's behalf, spends some time reading through all this.

Ironically, many on here actually know more about the background and have probably given it far more time and thought than any appointed club represeantative or lawyer.

Nevertheless ..... me thinks a ban of some sort is still on the way.

HE MAY JUST GET AWAY WITH A 3 GAME BAN ----SUSPENDED FOR 6 MONTHS?????
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:52 pm

I've looked at the replay a number of times and the trouble is from most angles you can't see because Clatterbug's big fat head is right in the way.
If the dodgy fecker claims he cudnt see he should be shot. And that should be the only way the FA can charge Ade for the "footfall"
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dameerto » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:17 pm

Intent can be so hard to prove conclusively, I think this will come down to the referee's report - and he had the same kind of view point as that camera angle of the incident from behind Ade. He MIGHT not have to face a ban for it. Im keeping my fingers crossed.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Just watched it again & whether there's any way he could've avoided Van Persie I don't know but it's absolutely true that his foot is twisted AFTER it makes contact with VP's head & not before. He definitely doesn't change the position of his foot to intentionallly make contact with VP which is what initially made me think he was guilty. One of the replays makes it look like that because you can't see the point of contact but it's deffo not the case.

If you watch the incident in real time it looks like a bloke tripping over. As I posted before; has there ever been an occasion when team-mates have just ignored one of their own having his face deliberately kicked? None of the Arsenal players close to the incident reacted at all because they didn't see anything to merit a reaction. I recon if he gets banned for this it'll be a serious mistake & a direct result of slowmo & telephoto lens showing something in the wrong perspective with some of the information missing & inflaming media hysterics.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby david yearsley » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Have you got real time clip Ted ? Can´t find it
david yearsley