The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:26 am

King Kev wrote:
BlueinBosnia wrote:
King Kev wrote:It's part of football rivalry, it might not be very pleasent but it exists and City fans are far from being the worst culprits.

But also far from being impeccable...

Agreed. But what set of fans are impeccable?

Agreed. But which other set of fans sing that they are?
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:26 am

globalbollox wrote:
Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
globalbollox wrote:
The way I see it is that the word Munichs refers to the supporters of the club that uses the disaster at every opportunity it can.Therefore not a reference to the actual disaster at all

we're talking about us. not them - so why use it?

It fits the tune better

who put the ball in United's net would be a far better version
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Avalon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:38 am

If 'Munich' is a name used for the rags, then why use it? Rags is what we call him, Munich has no relation to them, whatsoever, apart from the accident. We always point out the fact that they're not from Manchester, but they're not from Munich either. Come on, children, it is silly.

Also:

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=38039&hilit=racism&start=100

RAGE!
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:12 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:City fans are the biggest hypocrites, when we hear Rags singing songs about Foe and Hillsborough we jump on our high horse and say how scummy and horrible they are, but when City fans sing about Munich some find it acceptable and a good way to wind the rags up.

Do those who think it's ok to sing Munich songs also think Foe and Hillsborough victims are fair game and there to be mocked?

Mate your not gonna get people ot stop,the best thing is to not join in so the select band of Munich singers will eventually become less and less.

I know it will never stop due to the nature of people that attend football matches but it still don't make it right. Still waiting for the pro-Munich brigade to answer the Foe/Hillsborough question!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Original Dub » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:20 pm

I said it in the racism thread a few weeks ago - a hardcore insult is a hardcore insult, whether its xenophobic, racist or mocking a tragedy close to anyone's heart.

Its bile. Pure and simple. I'm not saying it offends me... nor does any of the above if I'm really honest... but it all falls under the same banner for me. If you really want to hurt someone... to deeply affect someone, then use one of the above and it will work better than general banter.

Its entirely up to you how far you want to take it, but the above are the sharpest tools if you want to really cut someone up.

Personally, I'll go with the "we're better than you" style banter. I can't say everyone must do the same.
Original Dub

Postby Avalon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:21 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:City fans are the biggest hypocrites, when we hear Rags singing songs about Foe and Hillsborough we jump on our high horse and say how scummy and horrible they are, but when City fans sing about Munich some find it acceptable and a good way to wind the rags up.

Do those who think it's ok to sing Munich songs also think Foe and Hillsborough victims are fair game and there to be mocked?

Mate your not gonna get people ot stop,the best thing is to not join in so the select band of Munich singers will eventually become less and less.

I know it will never stop due to the nature of people that attend football matches but it still don't make it right. Still waiting for the pro-Munich brigade to answer the Foe/Hillsborough question!

In case people had forgotten: http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... tragic_foe
Avalon
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Bluez » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:31 pm

King Kev wrote:
Beeks wrote:On the MEN website it says the board are in discussion about it now

I reckon they will issue a blanket banning order..would it work though?

If they do, lets hope we don't draw Bayern M***** in Europe next season!

Joking aside, the club you love have asked you to stop.

What's more important, your love for City or your Hate for United?

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1418987_manchester-city-to-discuss-response-to-fan-chants
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby david yearsley » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:54 pm

"Who put the ball in the red scum´s net?" would suffice

Oh no that´s scummist!! ;)
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Chinners » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:56 pm

A 'mate' of mine is a Liverpool fan and he is always banging on about how United fans press their hands on their faces when they play each other without any steward/club official or police stopping it yet they squeal like pigs if one Aeroplane gesture is done. He also claims that until recently Liverpool fans never sung Munich songs ... hmm. I've never heard United fans singing about Foe to be honest. As I said earlier it still surprises me that this still creates polar responses, each to their own. This is all rearing it's head again because of the BBC documentary the other day ain't it?
Last edited by Chinners on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby ashton287 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:19 pm

Bluez wrote:
King Kev wrote:

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1418987_manchester-city-to-discuss-response-to-fan-chants

Is the club going to ban us all? is it fuuuuuuck. It's just to shut the press up the club don't actually give a shit. No one gives a shit about people that died 50 years ago and pretending you do is just pathetic. If it wasn't for google you wouldnt even know who your pretending to feel bad for.
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby ant london » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

I'll answer you honestly on both of the above. I thought MVF was a good player in the short time he was with us, him dying was a tragedy and terribly terribly sad. However, honestly, United singing about him dying well it's unpleasant, as is their singing re Hillsborough but frankly neither particularly bothers me.

Hillsborough chanting is probably the worst as a large number of the friends and families of all of those victims are very likely to be in the crowd on the receiving end. I wouldn't be happy if I were a Liverpool fan at all. But can you say the same in terms of United fans on the receiving end of Munich songs.....21 people died in 1958. How many of the crowd at United were related or intimately acquainted with those 21....not many I'd be happy to wager.

It does not make it right, it does not make it not unpleasant, it does not make it "acceptable in polite society" but it is not something that really bothers me I (am slightly ashamed to) admit
Last edited by ant london on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Chinners » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Fair comment that Ant.

Just remembered a German fella in the pub last night told me the Man U fans had a go at them for chanting "Muenchen" at Old Trafford when he was there with Bayern
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bluez » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:55 pm

ashton287 wrote:
Bluez wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Is the club going to ban us all? is it fuuuuuuck. It's just to shut the press up the club don't actually give a shit. No one gives a shit about people that died 50 years ago and pretending you do is just pathetic. If it wasn't for google you wouldnt even know who your pretending to feel bad for.

So you don't care what the club wants?
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez

Postby King Kev » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:03 pm

Bluez wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I don't do it so there is nothing for me personally to stop, but to answer your question, my love for City is greater than my hatred of the scum.

Just to be pedantic, nowhere in that link does it mention the club asking people to stop.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ashton287 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:21 pm

Bluez wrote:
ashton287 wrote:
Bluez wrote:
King Kev wrote:

So you don't care what the club wants?

not as much as what I want. How about you, do you care more about what city want or what you want???
[center]Image[/center]
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Chinners » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 pm

I just don't care either way
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby twosips » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:31 pm

This thread has actually made me embarrassed to be a city fan :(

We have some utter scum. Some of you are no better than some of the United fans that you rage about who sing hillsborough songs etc

'just a song' - right. Okay - well therefore anything I could ever possibly say to someone could not be offensive then, cos they're just 'words'. Yeah - nothing people could ever sing could be offensive right! In that case why are you offended by other teams' songs?

Just because you don't feel anything about something it doesn't mean you can mock it. I don't know anything about any of you, but if i heard someone died related to you i wouldn't mock it, or sing songs referencing it - as its fucking harsh really. It's so so selfish to think just because you're not upset its fine. Where's the human compassion? Where's the respect? Is nothing out of bounds now? Shall we sing songs about Hillsborough too next time we play Liverpool, simply cos it'd wind them up? I mean we may as well right? Just words - just a song? Course not....

I know people are saying its not a reference to the actual disaster - but that makes fuck all sense. It is. Every time you say 'munich' you may as well just be saying 'remember that tragedy where loads of innocent people tragically died?' in a context of a song aimed to rile the United fans. How on earth is it not a reference to it? The word is put in there merely to annoy United fans as it carries loads of wait - therefore it is a reference. Utter bullshit pretending it isn't. If it wasn't a dig at the disaster and had no meaning you'd all have no problem changing it to another word - as it is the shit still want to use that word cos they know it gets the best reaction.

Sadly I think we are going to make it to the top. And we're gonna be exposed, and hated, and rightly so. It's getting to the point where it is no longer the majority. You hear thousands upon thousands singing Munich songs at games. It's not the same as United's majority that sing about Hillsborough etc - it isn't - let's be honest. They have a small minority that do - but you rarely hear that on tele (in before someone says that's cos their fans are shite and don't sing loudly - cos that's really besides the point).. Last night was humiliating to be a City fan.

Most people are desensitised by it. That's true, yes. But it doesn't mean its ok. It just doesn't. My mum is desensitised by the word 'cunt' probably, but I wouldn't use it in front of her. Most people aren't offended by racism, and i'm sure most Asian people for example are used to the word 'Paki' - but that doesn't mean its right! Most people are desensitised to pretty much anything these days - doesn't mean those desensitised things are alright though.

All of the country woke up this morning reading about how all the away end of City's fans sang proudly and loudly about us chanting songs referencing Munich. They see us as a bunch of fans who will happily reference a horrific event to simply just wind up United fans. It's retarded. We're becoming an embarrassment.

I don't want to be the new Millwall :/ hated by everyone. Hated by everyone for being heartless bastards.

I've still not read one good reason why these 'munich' references are acceptable. I know all I get in response to this post is something moronic like 'fuck off' or 'fuck the munich scum' or whatever. Or maybe someone will take the piss of my post count (ooo scary) or something highly unoriginal. It's just depressing. I expect these responses.

'it doesn't reference the actual disaster' - bollocks. Irrelevant. It does. Every time its sang its sang with hatred and with a clear aim to piss off United - how? by referencing a tragic disaster they were involved in.

'it happened 30 years before i was born - couldn't give a fuck' - oh ok - that means its ok? let's all sing songs about jews dying then, cos it happened a long time ago therefore its fine :) stupid reasoning. In fact - let's find old people, ask them if they lost anyone at one point, when they say 'yes' - sing songs at them and mock them! Cos i won't matter will it? Cos it happened aaaaages ago and we don't know who they are! :D

'its ingrained into the conscious now and will never go away so what's the point' - ridiculous attitude - so yeah, if something's hard to do then its not worth doing and we should all just happily clap along and be offensive just cos the rest are. Well if that attitude was in place twenty years ago we'd still have terrace riots, and racism at the games. Lovely.

'everyone does it, especially united' - so fucking what. There's right, and there's wrong. This is wrong. We don't copy bad actions by others in our daily lives do we? Just cos 'everyone does it'?! Two wrongs don't make a right. We say 'we are impeccable' - are we fuck. What was the point even staying silent for the minutes silence at Old Trafford if we now sing songs like this? Makes us look like hypocrites. Do you not know when to take a moral highground?

'well no one complained when some of the red shite attacked some city fans' - great. because some scum united fans attacked some city fans then its alright to sing munich songs. Is it bollocks. Let's not pretend too that United fans haven't been attacked. They have. Anyway - these united fans that are attacking people are low lifes. Why should we rise to them? Why? Why should we rile these puerile little shits anymore? Yeah - that's a good idea. Let's get tension to a fucking boiling point and actually make it unbearable and make Manchester a lovely place to be when there's a Derby.

Just because some United fans are dick heads, it doesn't mean that we can fucking sing songs about munich. All of us will have friends that are United fans - admit it. If you don't, cos you refuse to, then you take a game far too seriously. My point is that most United fans are fine - its just football after all. I just don't get how you can slate United fans for being twats, when we constantly sing these songs. Where is the moral highground?

Just think about it. Detach yourselves from your stupid brains, pro-munich chanters, and look at the facts.

We. Are. Singing. A. Song. Aimed. At. Annoying. United. Fans. Which. Includes. A. Word. That. References. A. Horrific. Horrible. Tragedy. That. People. Died. In.

People died! We are using that to get a rise of people! What the fuck does that make us?!

Manchester City have some despicable fans. We really do. Low lifes.

It's just a fucking game. FOOTBALL. Bunch of millionaires running around a pitch to entertain us. Get a fucking grip.

Where has our sense of humour gone. I remember when we used to entertain away fans. We still sometimes do, but we're increasingly sounding more and more 'bitter' with this insistence of singing this song. It makes us look small time and angry. Can't we just fucking ignore United and concentrate on City? Can't we make up a song for Dzeko? Or one for David Silva that isn't shit? Or one for De Jong or VK? Sigh.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby roblues » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:41 pm

twosips wrote:
This thread has actually made me embarrassed to be a city fan :(

We have some utter scum. Some of you are no better than some of the United fans that you rage about who sing hillsborough songs etc

If you disagree with the opinions of others (that they are opinions you can't argue with, because some do hold them and they are no less valid than your own, however much you think you are right) that's fair enough and you have repeated your reasons at least five times over two threads.
However, the way you go about this is still wrong. You can't call people utter scum based on their opinion about one song - it's ludicrous to judge their whole personality based on this. Even Jesus, the role model for many people in the world, did things that would immediately have him branded as utter scum in your eyes (and I'm not looking for a religious debate here, just seemed like a fitting example).

If you are embarrassed to be a city fan, that's your problem. It's like saying you are embarrassed to be white because some whites are racist. I appreciate your sentiments and agree that it would be a good thing for the club if the term was eradicated but there is a difference between arguing your points and casting out blanket judgements of people based on a song.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby moomey » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:42 pm

Eloquent and correct - I agree with twosips the whole way - it's embarrassing and has to stop now
moomey
Robinho's Step Over

Postby roblues » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:43 pm

twosips wrote:
Can't we make up a song for Dzeko? Or one for David Silva that isn't shit? Or one for De Jong or VK? Sigh.

Also, if you have any suggestions, please share them, we are desperate for new songs it has to be said.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum