Manchester City Women FC

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Manchester City Women FC 2013/2014

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:They were very physical and the weather was poor, very high winds that don't help when trying to play.

Weather was awful, I went to Glasgow on Saturday AM, I left Manchester and its unbelievable sunshine and lovely day and headed into Scotland, pishing it down and horrid weather all weekend.

Did you travel up on the day or the night before?

We travelled up yesterday. We left Manchester to a normal dry cold day and by the time we hit the Lakes the rain and the wind started. Really grim.

We travelled on the spanking 1st team coach equipped with Sky, Wi-Fi and a kitchen. A far cry from sitting on the CITC bus with all our bags, balls and a large spare tyre. Times really have moved forward. They even took us for a lovely pre-match meal at a hotel on the way. We really are being looked after.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:55 am

I got my first international call up in 12 years yesterday for Wales. Sadly due to leave issues at work I cant attend but hoping that I can get to meet up after April. Really gutted but cant afford to take unpaid leave.
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:02 am

Sister of fu wrote:I got my first international call up in 12 years yesterday for Wales. Sadly due to leave issues at work I cant attend but hoping that I can get to meet up after April. Really gutted but cant afford to take unpaid leave.

What a nightmare :-( Would have been fantastic for you. Shame you cant be sponsored or subsidised in some way to be able to take these opportunities. City use to have player sponsorships, maybe its time to revise that thinking?
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:57 am

What a shame.

Congrats on the call up anyway. Shows that your effort is being appreciated.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dameerto » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:I got my first international call up in 12 years yesterday for Wales. Sadly due to leave issues at work I cant attend but hoping that I can get to meet up after April. Really gutted but cant afford to take unpaid leave.

What a nightmare :-( Would have been fantastic for you. Shame you cant be sponsored or subsidised in some way to be able to take these opportunities. City use to have player sponsorships, maybe its time to revise that thinking?

mancityfans.net could do with some international exposure...
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:Andrea, sometimes I dream that I'm playing for City. Most of the times these dreams are nightmares, as in I'm not an inch better than I am in real life and I get yelled at by my idols. Sometimes though I dream that I'm great and then I wake up and realize that it didn't happen. Do you also have these dreams and if so, what's the feeling like when you realize that you actually do play for City?

I have loads of football dreams and they always centre on me not having my boots with me or some other vital bit of equipment. I have played in major cup finals on concrete for or missed an open goal as I just cant quite get these in my bare feet. I never have a good football dream if honest.

Actually playing for City and at this point in time is a dream come true. This is all I have ever wanted to do, play elite football for my club. I need to sometimes just take a step back and breath it all in as it will be over before I know it. The last week has been pretty amazing for me as a blue.
Sister of fu

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Wow that's brilliant Andie and such a great shame you can't go.I feel like we should be sponsoring you so you can go straightaway.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:

Wow that's brilliant Andie and such a great shame you can't go.I feel like we should be sponsoring you so you can go straightaway.

If I could afford to take the time off unpaid I would but in this current climate just cant afford to do that. Its a shame but Im sure there will be other opportunities.
Sister of fu

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Dameerto wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:

mancityfans.net could do with some international exposure...

if I had the money in the coffers, I would do it like a shot.
Wonderwall

Postby Cocacolajojo1 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:57 pm

Why don't we? I'm not sure how much is needed but if we all chipped in it should suffice no?
"I used to be 6 foot 2 with curly hair, look what it's done to me"

"In my career so far it's the most important goal. You score the goal in the last minute to win the title. You're not sure if that's ever going to happen in your career again. I wish I could tell you how I did it but I can't. I thought for all the world that Mario was going to have a go himself but he just moved it on one more and it fell at my feet and I just thought: 'Hit the target, hit it as hard as you can and hit the target.' And it went in."
Cocacolajojo1
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Ireland 08-09

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Cocacolajojo wrote:

Why don't we? I'm not sure how much is needed but if we all chipped in it should suffice no?

I would never in a million years accept any money. I will get other opportunities so its ok. The gesture is extremely touching but I would much rather anymore raised go to the site or a charity for Bingo.
Sister of fu

Postby mr_nool » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:05 pm

Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:10 pm

mr_nool wrote:Plenty of game time for you coming up, Andie?

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/City-Women-news/2014/February/Injury-blow

Bad news for both the girls.I was at training last Friday when Danni went down injured.Although she was clearly in trouble I doubt anyone thought it would be as bad as an acl injury.Gutted for her and for Karen too with the season getting closer.It does give Andie an opportunity but not the way she would have wanted it I am sure.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:19 pm

Bad news for both the girls.I was at training last Friday when Danni went down injured.Although she was clearly in trouble I doubt anyone thought it would be as bad as an acl injury.Gutted for her and for Karen too with the season getting closer.It does give Andie an opportunity but not the way she would have wanted it I am sure.

Not how I would have wanted it at all. Gutted for both of them. I now have to real get my head down and train well. Its been weird as recently I have been better in games than I training. I just need to relax when at training which I haven't been doing. 6 weeks to get in right.
Sister of fu

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

Sister of fu wrote:

Not how I would have wanted it at all. Gutted for both of them. I now have to real get my head down and train well. Its been weird as recently I have been better in games than I training. I just need to relax when at training which I haven't been doing. 6 weeks to get in right.

you're going to be too busy in training to overthink it :)
Just make sure you stay fit and enjoy your moments.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Wonderwall » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Team Mates starring SoF on the OS

Link to it here

http://bcove.me/ow6d61dv
Wonderwall

Postby Chinners » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:56 pm

That feature would work much better if they had the real chuckle brothers kicking a ball about in the background ...
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 pm

Andie,was there a friendly game on Sunday against Yeovil and if so how did it go? Can't find anything anywhere.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Sister of fu » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:21 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Andie,was there a friendly game on Sunday against Yeovil and if so how did it go? Can't find anything anywhere.

It was a training game. We got beat 3-0. It was very like the U21s last night where we dominate possession but we didn't score. Think the stats were 17 shots to us 0 goals, 4 shots to them 3 goals. We did some good stuff and some not so good stuff. We will be pretty much at full strength for the Durham game on 23rd.
Sister of fu

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:52 am

Sister of fu wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Andie,was there a friendly game on Sunday against Yeovil and if so how did it go? Can't find anything anywhere.

It was a training game. We got beat 3-0. It was very like the U21s last night where we dominate possession but we didn't score. Think the stats were 17 shots to us 0 goals, 4 shots to them 3 goals. We did some good stuff and some not so good stuff. We will be pretty much at full strength for the Durham game on 23rd.

Thanks.Where and what time is the Durham game being played?
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum