Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Dameerto » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:15 pm

It seems pretty clear the squad is weaker now than under Mancini (except maybe in attack - if Nacho was played more than Bony), so there needs to be a postmortem at the end of the season into why it happened, how it happened, who was responsible for it happening, and plans put in place to make sure it doesn't happen again.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby zuricity » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:04 pm

blues2win wrote:Ibra more likely to go the Arsenal. Lewandoski wd be immense but unlikely Bayern wd let him go. Wd love Alaba but that will be hard, too.

Yeah he came through Bayern's youth system. No chance.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby sheblue » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:14 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
sheblue wrote:There is way too much over reaction.
We wont throw out 9-10 players.
We need Denayer back to replace MDM and probably another centre back to cover for vinnys absences.
We definitely need replacements for,
Kolarov,
Toure,
Fernando.
Bony.

That's it 5 max, were doing great if we can do that or even 4 of them.

No need to knock the whole house down when you have a squeaky door!!

Dunno what you've been watching but it's more like a sinkhole has opened up next to the house rather than a "squeaky door."

Cheers

Well the media have some believing that we need a complete new squad when clearly we don't. Bring in 4/5 either by signings and or promotion this summer and another 4/5 in the summer of 2017. We will be fine.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:43 pm

sheblue wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:
sheblue wrote:There is way too much over reaction.
We wont throw out 9-10 players.
We need Denayer back to replace MDM and probably another centre back to cover for vinnys absences.
We definitely need replacements for,
Kolarov,
Toure,
Fernando.
Bony.

That's it 5 max, were doing great if we can do that or even 4 of them.

No need to knock the whole house down when you have a squeaky door!!

Dunno what you've been watching but it's more like a sinkhole has opened up next to the house rather than a "squeaky door."

Cheers

Well the media have some believing that we need a complete new squad when clearly we don't. Bring in 4/5 either by signings and or promotion this summer and another 4/5 in the summer of 2017. We will be fine.

We're talking at cross purposes here.

No way we will bring in 9 new players.

But this squad needs a serious kick in the ass and not just some WD-40

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby JamieMCFC » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Messi rumors starting up again.

Manchester City believe Lionel Messi would join Pep Guardiola's new-look side if he ever leaves Barcelona, according to multiple reports in English newspapers.

The five-time World Player of the Year has never indicated his desire to leave the Camp Nou after 15 successful years at the club.

It is being reported that City have no plans to try to lure the Argentina forward to the Premier League, but if he ever decides to leave, City will be at the head of the queue.

Messi thrived when Guardiola was in charge at Barcelona when the club won three La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues and the club that would be a way of attracting him to the Etihad.

Messi's contract at Barca runs until 2018 and the likelihood is that he will be offered another extension before it expires.

The imminent arrival of manager Guardiola has already seen an immediate impact in the calibre of players they can hope to attract since the club announced on Feb. 1 that he would be taking change.

And it would be a huge statement if City were able to sign arguably the best player of the world.

City have have been linked with summer moves for midfielders Ilkay Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid's Toni Kroos and defenders Aymeric Laporte, from Athletic Bilbao and Everton's John Stones.

On Monday, reports said the club were targeting four to five major signings this summer.

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2835259/man- ... i--reports
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby dave watson's perm » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:37 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:Messi rumors starting up again.

Manchester City believe Lionel Messi would join Pep Guardiola's new-look side if he ever leaves Barcelona, according to multiple reports in English newspapers.

The five-time World Player of the Year has never indicated his desire to leave the Camp Nou after 15 successful years at the club.

It is being reported that City have no plans to try to lure the Argentina forward to the Premier League, but if he ever decides to leave, City will be at the head of the queue.

Messi thrived when Guardiola was in charge at Barcelona when the club won three La Liga titles and two Champions Leagues and the club that would be a way of attracting him to the Etihad.

Messi's contract at Barca runs until 2018 and the likelihood is that he will be offered another extension before it expires.

The imminent arrival of manager Guardiola has already seen an immediate impact in the calibre of players they can hope to attract since the club announced on Feb. 1 that he would be taking change.

And it would be a huge statement if City were able to sign arguably the best player of the world.

City have have been linked with summer moves for midfielders Ilkay Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid's Toni Kroos and defenders Aymeric Laporte, from Athletic Bilbao and Everton's John Stones.

On Monday, reports said the club were targeting four to five major signings this summer.

Maybe it's just me but I don't see what all the fuss is about with Stones. He has looked distinctly average when I have seen him.
dave watson's perm
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Paul Power

Postby Scatman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:14 pm

dave watson's perm wrote:

Maybe it's just me but I don't see what all the fuss is about with Stones. He has looked distinctly average when I have seen him.

Potential?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby nottsblue » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:17 pm

Scatman wrote:

Potential?

The potential to be a huge waste of money if we splash the reported £50m. Remember, Everton supposedly turned down £40m from Chelsea.

I've not been wowed by him either. Struggling to get in Evertons team as well at the moment. And they are shit.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Grandad Rosler » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:44 pm

Scatman wrote:

Potential?

Like Sterling?
Grandad Rosler
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:23 pm

And mangala
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Spurge » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:28 pm

Id rather see Tosin given a chance than blowing a bucket full of cash on Stones. If you're good enough you're old enough as cloughie used to say. He was ok when thrown in at the deep end at Chelsea in the FA cup.
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Ffs i simply don't get some comments .

Messi would thrive anywhere ! He most certainly doesn't and never has needed someone like Guardiola. You just tell footballing genius like Messi to put his boots on and get on the pitch.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:58 pm

zuricity wrote:

Messi would thrive anywhere ! He most certainly doesn't and never has needed someone like Guardiola. You just tell footballing genius like Messi to put his boots on and get on the pitch.

He's similar to Kolarov in that way.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby zuricity » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:56 pm

Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

yeah ! indeed pmsl
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:42 pm

zuricity wrote:
Mase wrote:
zuricity wrote:

yeah ! indeed pmsl

Yeah ! They both wear football boots.
Similarity ends.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Dunnylad » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:37 am

Spurge wrote:Id rather see Tosin given a chance than blowing a bucket full of cash on Stones. If you're good enough you're old enough as cloughie used to say. He was ok when thrown in at the deep end at Chelsea in the FA cup.

He did alright, but his distribution was really ropey, no where near the standard required - it seems more likely that Denayer will be given the opportunity at a youthful defender coming through the ranks but whether he's a centre or right back is open to debate.
"F****d it up,
Shot my Load,
Spewed onto the Motorway Shoulder,
I Could Have Been Somebody Special."
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

Postby gillie » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:02 pm

Dunnylad wrote:
Spurge wrote:Id rather see Tosin given a chance than blowing a bucket full of cash on Stones. If you're good enough you're old enough as cloughie used to say. He was ok when thrown in at the deep end at Chelsea in the FA cup.

He did alright, but his distribution was really ropey, no where near the standard required - it seems more likely that Denayer will be given the opportunity at a youthful defender coming through the ranks but whether he's a centre or right back is open to debate.

If his distribution is ropey he will be right at home in our 1st team back line.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby nottsblue » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:46 pm

Surprised in some respects we don't have more players who are linked with moves away from us and our evil empire. Considering how we are held in contempt by large swathes of the media, I'd have thought they would have lots of stories about how players can't wait to get away and how City have ruined their career.

It would all be bullshit of course, but only the same as most of the incoming stories
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Its probably because the players most likely to get flogged arent ones big clubs will want.
I find it hard to believe clubs will be queuing for Bony, Mangala, Navas, Willy, etc. Thus there arent juicy, eye-grabbing headlines to write.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby Mansour21 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:26 pm

According to Marca, City has agreed to pay the release clause for Laporte which is 50m.
Mansour21
Site Admin
Ben Thatcher's Elbow

My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum