*** Official Match Thread | City v Southampton***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** Official Match Thread | City v Southampton***

Postby bigblue » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:00 pm

zuricity wrote:You should spend more time watching City than the dross that is written on this web site.

The two aren't mutually exclusive. I watched the whole game then looked at the stats after.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:16 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone else who went to the game today notice Pep look up in disbelief when the mass exodous of all the early leavers started at around 83 minutes ? Was a fucking embarrassment seeing those wankers leave en mass when the team was playing beautiful football and pushing for more goals absolutely no excuse for it on a sunday afternoon 3pm ko and the roads quiet as fuck ......... FUCKING EMBARRASSING !!!

I left on 73 minutes today, as I was due in work at 1651 at Piccadilly. I had to swap jobs, cajole and fiddle to even get to the game. I even had to run a bit to get to work on time. I don't feel embarrassed at all about it.

Were the other ten thousand that fucked off bang on que at 83 minutes on your shift aswell ?
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:22 pm

City64 wrote:
City64 wrote:Anyone else who went to the game today notice Pep look up in disbelief when the mass exodous of all the early leavers started at around 83 minutes ? Was a fucking embarrassment seeing those wankers leave en mass when the team was playing beautiful football and pushing for more goals absolutely no excuse for it on a sunday afternoon 3pm ko and the roads quiet as fuck ......... FUCKING EMBARRASSING !!!

I left on 73 minutes today, as I was due in work at 1651 at Piccadilly. I had to swap jobs, cajole and fiddle to even get to the game. I even had to run a bit to get to work on time. I don't feel embarrassed at all about it.

Were the other ten thousand that fucked off bang on que at 83 minutes on your shift aswell ?

I do a 230 mile round trip for each home game so leaving 10 mins early wouldn't really help me. BUT, today, the last 4 miles to the ground took me over 40 minutes and I only just made it to my seat for KO. Traffic round the whole Manchester area is a nightmare every week, no matter what day or time KO is.
However, I still would never leave a game early!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby City64 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:24 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
City64 wrote:

I do a 230 mile round trip for each home game so leaving 10 mins early wouldn't really help me. BUT, today, the last 4 miles to the ground took me over 40 minutes and I only just made it to my seat for KO. Traffic round the whole Manchester area is a nightmare every week, no matter what day or time KO is.

Top man !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:26 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
City64 wrote:

Good man. I never get why people leave games early but I guess it's a point of 'You pays your money, you makes your choice'.

Can't wait to get back home though, always love that last pint after the match.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby harveytravis » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:We are taking our chances.

Thank fuck these players read this site.

Lovely...
harveytravis
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:10 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:Missed today’s game. Still in Chicago.
Were we any good?
I heard our finishing was poor.

Yeah, only 6 goals mate.

Not good enough.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:30 am

City64 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I saw him lose it with the 4th official over the state of the one sided bullshit display. I enjoyed Sane’s goal though even if most missed it.

He gave the early leavers the proper stare like only he can pal. Ref Lee Mason is probably the most inconsistent ref in the PL , he is also shite ! :lol:

I have 4 fans next to me 80 mins, excuse me mate we are gone, Real Madrid semi, The Derby you name it, along with many thousands it is a City thing that has since as far back as the Platt Lane day's, Thousands of blues think a game finishes on 80 mins. I have never understood it. Yes the traffic is shit but you are missing so much with us. With added time it is over 2 full games my loons miss over a season.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby sheblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:46 am

Best team ever seen in the top flight of English football.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:33 am

City64 wrote:

They'd have been late. Obvs.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mase » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:17 pm

Fans leaving early happens everywhere you soft twats.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby bigblue » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Mase wrote:Fans leaving early happens everywhere you soft twats.

Not at the same rate when their team is playing beautiful football and scoring goals for fun.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Nick » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:04 pm

We do look absolutely shit as fans to pep. He won't know or care about Maine road / division 2 days.

Why. The. Fuck. Will ten minutes save your journey? What do you have to go for if not work ? If your in a car you are fucked at 80 mins or an hour after. Mind boggles.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:11 pm

Nick wrote:We do look absolutely shit as fans to pep. He won't know or care about Maine road / division 2 days.

Why. The. Fuck. Will ten minutes save your journey? What do you have to go for if not work ? If your in a car you are fucked at 80 mins or an hour after. Mind boggles.

Maybe the 34,000 from Div 2 are the only fans left at full time. I love leaving at the end I also like to show the blue boys it is appreciated. How hard is it.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Hazy2 wrote:
City64 wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:

I saw him lose it with the 4th official over the state of the one sided bullshit display. I enjoyed Sane’s goal though even if most missed it.

He gave the early leavers the proper stare like only he can pal. Ref Lee Mason is probably the most inconsistent ref in the PL , he is also shite ! :lol:

I have 4 fans next to me 80 mins, excuse me mate we are gone, Real Madrid semi, The Derby you name it, along with many thousands it is a City thing that has since as far back as the Platt Lane day's, Thousands of blues think a game finishes on 80 mins. I have never understood it. Yes the traffic is shit but you are missing so much with us. With added time it is over 2 full games my loons miss over a season.

It is mind blowing for sure pal and beyond embarrassing yesterday .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:18 pm

Most people who go to football matches are casual fans that would rather beat traffic than stay until the end and/or have places to be and therefore leave early. It's not embarrassing at all. Assuming the entire stadium is filled with diehard fans is ridiculous. People can leave whenever they want.

That being said, leaving early when its a draw and we're pushing for a goal is a different story but still understandable.

Fans of every sport in every country for every team, including those who are destroying their opponent at the time.
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby City64 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:24 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:

Most people who go to football matches are casual fans that would rather beat traffic than stay until the end and/or have places to be and therefore leave early. It's not embarrassing at all. Assuming the entire stadium is filled with diehard fans is ridiculous. People can leave whenever they want.

That being said, leaving early when its a draw and we're pushing for a goal is a different story but still understandable.

Fans of every sport in every country for every team, including those who are destroying their opponent at the time.

The first part of your post is fucking ridiculous .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:31 pm

City64 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:

The first part of your post is fucking ridiculous .

I'm beginning to think that Saul's never been near a City game :roll:
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:32 pm

And what you apparently dont understand is that leaving 10 minutes early doesnt equal arriving 10 minutes sooner to wherever youre trying to go. If the assumption is most fans stay until the end then by leaving early youre avoiding the slow walk out of the stadium amongst the throngs of people and youre avoiding being late for public transit because of that and having to wait for the next one or youre avoiding having the sit in your car in the parking lot behind thousands of people all trying to exit the same way. It's exponential.

And, believe it or not, there are fans who find 6-1 boring. Not you or me or others on this site but we are also invested enough to go onto to a City fan website and discuss the club day in and day out. That's not the norm. Thats the exception.

You shouldn't get so riled up about things. You support your club your way and let others support their club their way.
Saul Goodman

Postby Saul Goodman » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:34 pm

johnny crossan wrote:I'm beginning to think that Saul's never been near a City game :roll:

I'm beginning to think that you think this matters. I live overseas and cant afford the thousands of dollars to make it over there.

Plus, with the apparently shit stadium atmosphere why would I want to? :lol:
Saul Goodman

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum