***Champions v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Champions v Wolves Official Match Thread***

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:00 pm

aaron bond wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Wolves deserves this. This is a game where we were second best, not at Norwich.

Taking the piss? This is exactly why I gave my season ticket up. Shit teams coming to COMS and deciding to play 5 at the back when they don't usually. It's fuckin shit to watch.

Wolves were today better at every level. They didn't park the bus
They should had been 3 up at half time.

Well deserved.

Arrogance, poor team selection and again arrogance cost us today.

Wolves were superb. Fully deserved their victory.

Superb in what way? I'm guessing when you're sat on your couch watching it time wasting from ten mins in won't bother you
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:00 pm

Clowncrete wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Wow.

Did not see that coming in a month of Sunday’s

The PL has gone for my money. Not that there isn’t time to claw back 8 points, I just don’t think we have the desire or consistency to do so

If we had a fully fit squad, I can see us going on another long winning run. But without Laporte, Sane and KDB, it's always going to be an uphill struggle.

But we haven’t a fully fit squad. Unless the dippers get injuries to key players they will win it. We won’t give it up easily I’m sure of that but with things as they stand I cannot see us clawing 8 back. And quite honestly, I fear what Mane and Salah would do to our current defence
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:01 pm

That was piss poor. Only fair to see say we badly missed two centre backs and our best midfielder..
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:03 pm

It’s a match thread so take it with a pinch of salt but Pep can get fucked for dropping Sergio again when he’s in his best form. And gundo over Phil all game! You reap what you sow.

Arrogant fucker.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby zuricity » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Mase wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Wolves deserves this. This is a game where we were second best, not at Norwich.

Taking the piss? This is exactly why I gave my season ticket up. Shit teams coming to COMS and deciding to play 5 at the back when they don't usually. It's fuckin shit to watch.

Well deserved.

Superb in what way? I'm guessing when you're sat on your couch watching it time wasting from ten mins in won't bother you

Wolves were not superb, and they DID park the bus. More noticeable in the second half.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:04 pm

Mase wrote:
aaron bond wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
Mase wrote:

Well deserved.

You are being harsh. From minute one they were here for the taking.

They got organised really well, got advantage of every fuck up we did. I would go ahead and say they should had got a penner in the first half also.

They faced a team that was arrogant, had the wrong team selection and came in the game worst than they did versus Zagreb.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:07 pm

That doesn't make them "superb" tho mate. I realise you didn't say it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby BrianF » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:10 pm

Trouble is we have become predictable and our players today looked lackluster. Pep for all his praise of the youngsters will not take a "gamble" with them. He rather stick with Otto than risk Garcia and as for Foden what has the lad have to do to get a start??
BrianF
Robinho's Step Over

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Outcast » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:10 pm

A pundit said we will drop points today but still believes we'll win the title. For some strange reason I had the same feeling, dont ask me why and based on today's results there is no solid justification. We have 3 big players missing, the type to make a difference in stale, tight matches, the type to drag us out of the gutter. FFS, come to think of it Laporte, Stones, Mendy, KDB and Sane, that's the backbone of our team missing, just let that sink in before you start flapping. It's like dippers having Van dick, Mane and Salah not playing, how do you think they'll fare, they've been dragging them through tight matches where it could have swung either way along with helping hand from above of course.. like I said yesterday we were to focused on dippers games we forgot what we had to do ourselves, maybe slight arrogance to dismiss lesser teams on our part
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PrezIke » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:12 pm

Seems to me what I've seen was the midfield pairing is not the same without KDB now. They seem rather passive.

Quite a few players out of form as well.

And for me sitting Kun wasn't bad as Jesus also in form and clamouring for game time. Jesus didn't start today anyway, but when he came on we did almost score.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby PrezIke » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:13 pm

Interesting point:

PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Tim777 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:18 pm

BrianF wrote:Trouble is we have become predictable and our players today looked lackluster. Pep for all his praise of the youngsters will not take a "gamble" with them. He rather stick with Otto than risk Garcia and as for Foden what has the lad have to do to get a start??

Nail on head.

And starting Gundo and D.Silva. What the fuck was that?? There was f-all creativity in midfield.
Pep needs a bloody head re-boot. We could have sailed this even with the injuries.
Otamendi needs to get shipped out - today.
Tim777
Superman's Underpants

Postby nottsblue » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:18 pm

nottsblue wrote:Not sure I like Rodri and Gundogan in the same midfield with Silva.

I can confirm I now know I don’t those three starting in midfield. They simply can’t unlock a well drilled and organised defence
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:26 pm

nottsblue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Not sure I like Rodri and Gundogan in the same midfield with Silva.

I can confirm I now know I don’t those three starting in midfield. They simply can’t unlock a well drilled and organised defence

Rodri needs to understand the concept of a football ball before playing again for us.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby City64 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:28 pm

We were diabolical and so predictable and slow .Wokves were a fucking disgrace time wasting form 5 mins into the game and parking the bus . That rugby player they have hanging about the halfway line for a loose ball paid off for the first time in about 100 games for the cunts , truly awful game .Worst I have watched in years !!!
Last edited by City64 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:29 pm

This may sound strange but I'm quite relieved. We are the lepers who are asked to perform 100% every single game, just to get over the bias that the PL exert. Hopefilly we will now relax and just olay football after 2 years of constant pressure.

I will also say that we were never going to win the PL this season, it won't be allowed. As for the CL, don't kid yourself.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:29 pm

Absolutely STUPID banging in so many hopeful high crosses when we've got no big forwards. No ideas , no imangination. BRAIN DEAD
We're looking mentally tired already , 9 games in.
Defensive chickens have come home to roost.
WHY can't Phil get a game ?
Dave needs a rest.
Wolves - very clever, classic rope-a-dope, deserved winners.Baldy got his arse kicked today and deserved it.
Pinocchio is a bitter little bitch ; what's his problem with us ? Snide little snipes every time he opens his gob . Arsewipe.

Cheer up ; United are now 12th
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:30 pm

What kind of message does this send to Foden ?

Our so called genius has said he won’t play him in front of DS and Gundo so why would Foden want to stay beyond this season if he has to watch senior players playing shite whilst he’s on the bench ?

I’m telling you now , we will lose Foden if this carries on throughout the season and if anyone else spouts off to me that he’s young etc and he should be happy with a minute here and a minute there (which he doesn’t even get )then you can fuck right off !! Shrek played every game at 17 and Barcelona have a 16 year old starting for them in their matches so Baldie is talking out of his arrogant arse when he keeps spouting on about how “young” he is And he has to be patient blah blah blah !!!

I bet Foden slags him off in private when he comes out with that bullshit .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby london blue 2 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:31 pm

City64 wrote:We were diabolical and so predictable and slow .Wokves were a fucking disgrace time wasting form 5 mins into the game and parking the bus .That rugby player they have hanging about the halfway line for a loose ball paid off for the first time in about 100 games for the cunts , truly awful game .Worst I have watched in years !!!

That made me laugh. Damn certain shit like that will pay off against us
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby RodneyRodney » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:32 pm

City64 wrote:We were diabolical and so predictable and slow .Wokves were a fucking disgrace time wasting form 5 mins into the game and parking the bus . That rugby player they have hanging about the halfway line for a loose ball paid off for the first time in about 100 games for the cunts , truly awful game .Worst I have watched in years !!!

Disagree .
Wolves were organised and intelligent.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum