MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What will be the outcome?

City exonerated of all charges.
44%
City exonerated of main charge but done for not cooperating.
19%
UEFA charges upheld, ban stands.
28%
Other.
9%

Total votes : 57

Re: MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Postby Blue Jam » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:48 am

blues2win wrote:Both sides will have emerged with a take on how things went at the hearing. Both sides will say they’re confident. It seems to me that the 10.30 timing is consistent with both sides being told at say 8 am Swiss time. After that off the record spinning is quite likely especially if one side has won on all points. Look out for twitter at that point.

Unfortunately, that seems a correct and sensible way of looking at it. Your post watered down the wave of optimism I got after reading Cheesemans tweet on Friday, he knows the club and hierarchy better than any journo but the top prass would put a positive spin on anything they say.

Please be right Mr Cheeseman!
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby blues2win » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:14 pm

Perfectly possible City are very optimistic after the hearing. They will have a view about how their arguments and associated documents landed with the members of the Panel. They may also be genuinely optimistic that UEFA did poorly. Cheesy may have picked up a whiff of that from someone whom he took seriously. However, if CAS wanted to avoid leaks then putting back publication to 10.30 to allow for an 8 am notification to both sides makes sense. If we just get the main headlines first with associated details later it would be no problem to put together a Press Release in a couple of hours or have it locked away during the weekend.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:45 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
blues2win wrote:We can go to the Swiss Courts but we would be out next year. Once the draw takes place its too late.

So for us to have agreed to delay the announcement from the 10th to the 13th is quite significant then? Why would we delay until after the draw if we didn’t know the likely outcome.

This is one thing that makes me think we're extremely confident things have gone our way - UEFA asked the CAS to delay the announcement of the verdict of the arbitration to suit their own agenda: UEFA arranged its own draw for the 10th after the arbitration had begun. The two events do not affect one another in any way whatsoever, so the only reason they've asked for a delay is because of the press attention. I think UEFA are preparing a release along the lines of damage limitation. Otherwise, we'd have tried to block this delay, partly in order to spoil their party.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:09 pm

No ones sleeping tonight are we :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:36 pm

Mase wrote:No ones sleeping tonight are we :lol:

Bottle of win and some painkillers, will be well away ;-)

Still amazed there’s been no inkling of the result via the press. In fact, it’s been eerily quiet since it went to CAS with very little reporting, or should I say taunting, from those who like to have a pop. It’s as if the club have sent word that if you want to drag us through the dirt, be prepared to face the consequences If/when we have been exonerated.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Still amazed there’s been no inkling of the result via the press. In fact, it’s been eerily quiet since it went to CAS with very little reporting, or should I say taunting, from those who like to have a pop. It’s as if the club have sent word that if you want to drag us through the dirt, be prepared to face the consequences If/when we have been exonerated.

The quietness is deafening - which makes me feel positive.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby City64 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:41 pm

MCFC and it’s staff already know the verdict , MCFC trusted “journos” already know the verdict . Let us not forget we are taking on the UEFA mafia here and they also know the verdict . Sleep well blues tomorrow is going to be a good day 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby City64 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:43 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

Delaney has been his usual toxic horrible cunt self but he fucking hates us . He will hate us even more tomorrow the toxic inbred cunt . :lol:
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:51 pm

City64 wrote:MCFC and it’s staff already know the verdict , MCFC trusted “journos” already know the verdict . Let us not forget we are taking on the UEFA mafia here and they also know the verdict . Sleep well blues tomorrow is going to be a good day 8-)

I’m also of the same opinion but there’s always that Typical City nagging doubt that CAS today received a ‘Funding’ envelope from the cartel clubs and the ruling has been reversed ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:54 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Delaney has been his usual toxic horrible cunt self but he fucking hates us . He will hate us even more tomorrow the toxic inbred cunt . :lol:

Wouldn’t expect anything less. He’s paid to denigrate our club and owners, he’s just doing his job.

He knows fuck all about what he writes though, now that’s the weird part.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:56 pm

The paranoia on here is nothing compared to that on bluemoon.
They've been working themselves up to a frenzy since the hearing.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby City64 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:MCFC and it’s staff already know the verdict , MCFC trusted “journos” already know the verdict . Let us not forget we are taking on the UEFA mafia here and they also know the verdict . Sleep well blues tomorrow is going to be a good day 8-)

I’m also of the same opinion but there’s always that Typical City nagging doubt that CAS today received a ‘Funding’ envelope from the cartel clubs and the ruling has been reversed ;-)

All parties already know the verdict . All the “noises” have come from MCFC and their manager and a couple of trusted MCFC “journos” . Absolutely nothing from UEFA . 8-)
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:08 pm

City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

All parties already know the verdict . All the “noises” have come from MCFC and their manager and a couple of trusted MCFC “journos” . Absolutely nothing from UEFA . 8-)

Easy. As Pep says, we will await the decision and comment on it then. Pep has been the guiding light for me, as a leader of a club should, and the statement that he’d actually seen the evidence, rather than be assured, was a real tell.

However, what I am seriously Impressed with is that there has been no leaks to any of the mainstream media which says to me we have won the war on this long standing issue.

Khaldoon was righteous, Ferran was confident, and Pep has been effusive. That’s good enough for me.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Easy. As Pep says, we will await the decision and comment on it then. Pep has been the guiding light for me, as a leader of a club should, and the statement that he’d actually seen the evidence, rather than be assured, was a real tell.

However, what I am seriously Impressed with is that there has been no leaks to any of the mainstream media which says to me we have won the war on this long standing issue.

Khaldoon was righteous, Ferran was confident, and Pep has been effusive. That’s good enough for me.

Fuck me,I hope you are right. The shit I've taken from my rag nephew has been unbearable, it'll be so good to shove it back up him tomorrow! Either that or I'll be going into two years hiding!!! :shock:
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby PeterParker » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:18 pm

Are we one up yet?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:26 pm

What time is the verdict released?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:27 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

Fuck me,I hope you are right. The shit I've taken from my rag nephew has been unbearable, it'll be so good to shove it back up him tomorrow! Either that or I'll be going into two years hiding!!! :shock:

Even If CAS turn round and say say that UEFA are corrupt and had no grounds whatsoever to even accuse City of any wrongdoing, let alone punish them, and that City are totally exonerated from any wrongdoing, the rags and scousers will still just say that City bribed them.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby patrickblue » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:28 pm

Mase wrote:What time is the verdict released?

10:30 European time, 9:30 UK time.
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:32 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:What time is the verdict released?

10:30 European time, 9:30 UK time.

Thanks. I’ll start drinking from 7am then!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:35 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
City64 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

We’re City fans, mate, whatever the outcome we’ll stand proud and won’t let the bastards grind us down.

Oh, and your Rag nephew. For none family members I’d suggest a 7.62 but as he’s family go with a 9 milli from about 5 yards ;-)

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum