Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby patrickblue » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:09 pm

With reference to the Arsenal game, having seen the early foul on Kev live and several times on replay I'm still no clearer as to why it wasn't a penalty.
Whoever was commentating on the official site highlights said penalty when it happened, then when the replay was shown said Oliver had made the right decision.
As far as I can see, Partey doesn't touch the ball, and takes Kev out.
Am I missing something?
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:59 pm

Pretty much the exact same foul happened to Dortmund yesterday. Football fans and pundits in unison say it was a stone wall pen. Ref waved play on.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby patrickblue » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:10 pm

KinkyKinkladze wrote:Pretty much the exact same foul happened to Dortmund yesterday. Football fans and pundits in unison say it was a stone wall pen. Ref waved play on.

What I can't understand is why the co-commentator on the official site said it was a good decision after seeing the replay. It's as if he saw something in the replay that indicated it was a legal challenge.
As I said before, what am I not seeing, or what rule change have I missed?
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 29, 2023 1:59 pm

patrickblue wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:Pretty much the exact same foul happened to Dortmund yesterday. Football fans and pundits in unison say it was a stone wall pen. Ref waved play on.

What I can't understand is why the co-commentator on the official site said it was a good decision after seeing the replay. It's as if he saw something in the replay that indicated it was a legal challenge.

I can , he is thick and doesn't understand the game. The player obstructed Tin Tin and made no attempt to play a ball he wasn't in possession of. That is obstruction and a foul. He left his foot in not attempting to play the ball.

It is worse, idiots like Beglin and Townsend praise players for falling over when another player even slightly makes contact. Beggars believe that the the TV channels have idiots like Beglin commentating.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby patrickblue » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:20 pm

zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

I can , he is thick and doesn't understand the game. The player obstructed Tin Tin and made no attempt to play a ball he wasn't in possession of. That is obstruction and a foul. He left his foot in not attempting to play the ball.

It is worse, idiots like Beglin and Townsend praise players for falling over when another player even slightly makes contact. Beggars believe that the the TV channels have idiots like Beglin commentating.

Fair enough, that's the way I was thinking too. Any idea who it was on the official site commentary?
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:22 pm

patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Fair enough, that's the way I was thinking too. Any idea who it was on the official site commentary?

Wasn't Goater was it ? Seemed to have a sort of Yokel Accent , bit like a Farmer from near Bristol.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:53 pm

patrickblue wrote:With reference to the Arsenal game, having seen the early foul on Kev live and several times on replay I'm still no clearer as to why it wasn't a penalty.
Whoever was commentating on the official site highlights said penalty when it happened, then when the replay was shown said Oliver had made the right decision.
As far as I can see, Partey doesn't touch the ball, and takes Kev out.
Am I missing something?

Exactly what I thought, terrible refereeing….as clear a penalty as you will ever see. I would class it as obstruction, no attempt to play the ball, just stopping Kev getting it. I hate that ref.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Indianablue » Sun Apr 30, 2023 5:13 pm

Tough on West Ham again. Palace played well but the penalty they were given was a disgrace. You didn't need VAR to see there was no foul but to use VAR and not overrule the ref is terrible. Moyes must have annoyed the them, he's certainly getting shat upon
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 01, 2023 12:01 am

Indianablue wrote:Tough on West Ham again. Palace played well but the penalty they were given was a disgrace. You didn't need VAR to see there was no foul but to use VAR and not overrule the ref is terrible. Moyes must have annoyed the them, he's certainly getting shat upon

Agreed. But I suspect that might change on Wednesday.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon May 01, 2023 12:01 am

zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
zuricity wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

Wasn't Goater was it ? Seemed to have a sort of Yokel Accent , bit like a Farmer from near Bristol.

Andy Morrison?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue May 02, 2023 5:25 am

Klopp/Robertson, I’m still scratching my head. How does this vile club get away with the Behaviour towards officials.
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Tue May 02, 2023 6:31 am

MIAMCFC wrote:Klopp/Robertson, I’m still scratching my head. How does this vile club get away with the Behaviour towards officials.

I said it on the other topic. They know they can't be touched and take full advantage of that.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Tue May 02, 2023 7:02 am

PeterParker wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:Klopp/Robertson, I’m still scratching my head. How does this vile club get away with the Behaviour towards officials.

I said it on the other topic. They know they can't be touched and take full advantage of that.

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get banned this time. Not only the running at and screaming in the 4th officials face, but his comments afterwards.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby patrickblue » Tue May 02, 2023 7:35 am

Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t get banned this time. Not only the running at and screaming in the 4th officials face, but his comments afterwards.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65451866
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Tue May 02, 2023 7:46 am

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65451866

That’s spot on. He’s done it a number of times before. He obviously doesn’t learn. Needs banning for 4 games minimum. You can bet if that was Pep they’d have sent him to Alcatraz by now.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Tue May 02, 2023 6:48 pm

https://www.skysports.com/share/12871596

Klipperty charged by the FA

Hope the toothy fucker gets a ban
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Thu May 04, 2023 6:59 am

Liverpool held on to win 1-0 at Anfield but Silva said it was "clearly not a penalty".

"When you lose a game in football to that penalty, [it] is embarrassing," Silva told BBC Sport.

"When you have the referee, then the VAR [video assistant referee] to help the referee, it is embarrassing.

"I didn't speak with the referee. I think my players and everyone that is honest will say the same.

"I will listen over the next few days if it is a harsh decision but for me it is clearly not a penalty. The player is already in the air."
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 04, 2023 12:17 pm

Mase wrote:Liverpool held on to win 1-0 at Anfield but Silva said it was "clearly not a penalty".

"When you lose a game in football to that penalty, [it] is embarrassing," Silva told BBC Sport.

"When you have the referee, then the VAR [video assistant referee] to help the referee, it is embarrassing.

"I didn't speak with the referee. I think my players and everyone that is honest will say the same.

"I will listen over the next few days if it is a harsh decision but for me it is clearly not a penalty. The player is already in the air."

Interesting the managers are starting to speak up against them. Moyes, now Silva. I reckon there was another one.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Original Dub » Thu May 04, 2023 4:35 pm

Couple if possible peno incidents last night but there's no sign of thr footage anywhere to have a good look at them.

Odd
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu May 04, 2023 5:50 pm

Attwell now admits he made a
Mistake giving the penalty to the dippers .

You couldn’t make this shit up could you !!!!

We have some of the worst refs in Europe .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum