dunne to villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: dunne to villa

Postby bobby brows » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:37 pm

CitizenYank wrote:Gary Hughes: What subterfuge, He's our captain the same minute he goes to Villa.
It sounds like something in a bad baseball comedy.

"You've been traded."

"To what team?"

"They're back east."

"Detroit? You know I hate cold weather."

"No. A little farther ..... Tokyo!"

Mr Baseball is not a bad ball film!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john68 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:59 am

I think Hughes would be happy for Dunnie to stay. I think the decision to go will be Dunne's and Dunne's alone.
I for one would love to continue to see him in a sky blue shirt but understand that if he wants 1st team footie and a pay off, then he might want away.
Sad that he saw us through the bad times yet could leave just when we start to move onwards.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:28 am

john68 wrote:I think Hughes would be happy for Dunnie to stay. I think the decision to go will be Dunne's and Dunne's alone.
I for one would love to continue to see him in a sky blue shirt but understand that if he wants 1st team footie and a pay off, then he might want away.
Sad that he saw us through the bad times yet could leave just when we start to move onwards.

cant believe no ones come on this thread calling him a donkey yet. i find Dunne leaving a bit sad tbh. i think he's looked in good shape so far this season and, despite two obvious handballs in the box, has been solid. That wasn't supposed to be funny. But i guess the comment sort of typifies the last 12 months for him.

i think he will excel at Villa. MON will get a lot out of him. And vice-versa.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby roadkill2487 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:47 am

I don't think he is leaving. He will probably start against Portsmouth as well.
roadkill2487
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:10 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Well the majority of Villa fans seem keen on the idea

http://www.villatalk.com/index.php?name ... torder=asc

if that's the topic about Dunne in Villa forum where our very own MaineRoadMemories has contributed as well, then you need to read beyond first few posts. Most of them do NOT want Dunne which I thought was bit crazy as despite his obvious shortcomings, there's still potential there.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby King Kev » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:23 am

DavidWhiteIsGod wrote:I am sickened to hear that anybody would snap any team's hands off for losing arguably the best center back to wear sky blue in the last 30 years. He has been a perfect example of commitment, leadership and heart. The amount of strong clearances and last ditch tackles that he has put in to save us so many times I am too young to have seen us lift a trophy that truly matters (and i'm 33?!?!?!!?)
I am thankful and grateful for Dunnie playing as one of us. If he does leave I for one will be sad to see him go. A TRUE LEGEND.

Well said that man!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby ant london » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:02 am

a mixed bag of reactions from the Villa fans....although he does get 26 pages of debate. Somewhat more than he has here!

this tickled me though

"If he is the answer I would hate to know what the question is"
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Dubciteh » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:13 am

god villa fnas are deluded, they reckon dunnes shit and they should be concentrating on haangeland and upson!! They reckon they are in with a chance of breaking the top 4 aswell, they will lucky to get into europe!!! they think dunne will be back up for there defence, the quality defence that will be young-cueller-davies-Warnock(potentially!), there all crazy!!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ant london » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:18 am

Dubciteh wrote:god villa fnas are deluded, they reckon dunnes shit and they should be concentrating on haangeland and upson!! They reckon they are in with a chance of breaking the top 4 aswell, they will lucky to get into europe!!! they think dunne will be back up for there defence, the quality defence that will be young-cueller-davies-Warnock(potentially!), there all crazy!!

I know, I've just read a good half of that thread and some of them are in cloud cuckoo land

Mind you, I thought the same on here when people were saying no to signing Tevez and Adebayor (aka players we had a chance of signing) and that we should be putting all our efforts into bagging David Villa (aka a player we had absolutely no chance of signing)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:25 am

DavidWhiteIsGod wrote:I am sickened to hear that anybody would snap any team's hands off for losing arguably the best center back to wear sky blue in the last 30 years.

Legend he is, there is no question about that but best centerback to play for us in past 30 years???? Colin Hendry was better, ditto Distin, Dave Watson was better and I'd say Steve Redmond as well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Crossie » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:28 am

Keith curle was better than Dunne.

Its tough but its a cut throat world, no time for sentiment where we're heading. We all know deep down, Dunney cant be in the first 11 that win something big, he just isnt quite good enough for the top.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Craig B » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:50 am

Kit Symons was better than Dunne.. no wait a minute that might be pushing it! ;-)
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:56 am

You lot are off your fucking tits...did ANY of the above CBs win player of the year 4 times?!

No...thought not
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:58 am

Crossie wrote:Keith curle was better than Dunne.

That's got to be the most bollocks post i've ever read on a City forum...sorry...but I tell it like it is

What a crock of shit
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Vhero » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:07 am

I think a lot of you are basing your feeling on Dunne on previous years before takeover. As since takeover he's just not good enough and if you think he is then you need your eyes testing. Nothing against the guy he will be a legend for all he's done for the team in his time here and he was here when we needed him most. However a top four CB he was never. It's not like we ever had a top 6 team banging at our door for him even in his prime was it?
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby john@staustell » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:25 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:You lot are off your fucking tits...did ANY of the above CBs win player of the year 4 times?!

No...thought not

Normally agree with you on most things IBH but I think you've got a blind spot on Dunne. He won it because he had to do so much last ditch defending due to the severe lack of quality around him, no competition. Didn't stop him making the intermittent cock-ups along the way.

Curle was better in many ways. He was a huge signing at a point when we should've really pushed on, but we went down the Alan Ball (and others) route and Curlie's career sort of fizzled out when he should've been leading us to glory.

He was a good captain, talking all the time. Dunnie is quiet.
He was great with the ball at his feet and often surged up field - Dunne's worst play is when he has the ball
He was extremely quick, quicker than Dunnie especially on the turn
He was good at all the nasty bits of tugging, pulling, sledging the oppo, giving the linesman shit. Rich is too nice
Good at close marking.

All of which made up for his inability to head the ball. Dunnie can head, at least at our end.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beeks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:34 am

john@staustell wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:You lot are off your fucking tits...did ANY of the above CBs win player of the year 4 times?!

No...thought not

Normally agree with you on most things IBH but I think you've got a blind spot on Dunne. He won it because he had to do so much last ditch defending due to the severe lack of quality around him, no competition. Didn't stop him making the intermittent cock-ups along the way.

Curle was better in many ways. He was a huge signing at a point when we should've really pushed on, but we went down the Alan Ball (and others) route and Curlie's career sort of fizzled out when he should've been leading us to glory.

He was a good captain, talking all the time. Dunnie is quiet.
He was great with the ball at his feet and often surged up field - Dunne's worst play is when he has the ball
He was extremely quick, quicker than Dunnie especially on the turn
He was good at all the nasty bits of tugging, pulling, sledging the oppo, giving the linesman shit. Rich is too nice
Good at close marking.

All of which made up for his inability to head the ball. Dunnie can head, at least at our end.

And you say I'M the one with rose tinted glasses

It's like selective memory on here sometimes honestly

DUNNE AND DISTIN HAD ONE OF THE MEANEST DEFENSIVE RECORDS IN THE PREMIERSHIP

Fact

I watched both Keith Curle and Richard Dunne week in week out and laugh out loud at your analysis...sorry...but I obviously have a better memory than you...Keith Curle was nowhere near the player Dunne was

Some people on here think I have a soft spot for the guy...I do...but if he was shite I was hold my hands up and say so

But Richard Dunne has not been shite...he has been a fantastic defender for us and it really saddens me that you can all deride a man that has put 10 YEARS of his footballing career into this club...blood sweat and tears along the way...it's a fucking shame and an indication of the fickle nature of football fans these days
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby trueblue64 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:36 am

I have been informed from a reliable source that dunne will be a Villa player next week. I am no ITK, but I will pm a mod and explain I can't say were the info came from on open forum
Last edited by trueblue64 on Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:39 am

No...thought not

POY means fucl all. Or are you going to say Ryan Aids was the best player in the league last season, just because somebody else decided he was?
Fidel Castro

Postby Wonderwall » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:52 am

trueblue64 wrote:I have been informed from a reliable source that dunne will be a Villa player next week. I am no ITK, but I will pm a mod and explain I can't say were the info came from on open forum

got to say, this seems credible gents, cheers TB64
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum