Anyone got a city shirt from Ebay?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Anyone got a city shirt from Ebay?

Postby 9secondlegend » Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:00 pm

BlueinBosnia wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:are we using this kit next season or is another 1 season one?

Initially, people assumed that it was a 1-season shirt. I've seen nothing official to back that up. I doubt it personally, as one of the posts regarding the launch (Kippax?) mentioned that only 40,000 of each design was made, which I consider now to have been untrue, or they started churning out a lot more.

I guess we'll be able to tell in Jan on the basis of whether they are reduced in price or not, and by how much.

ok mate cheers
anyone know anything different?
9secondlegend
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:43 pm

its down as 2009-2010, so surely its definately a one season wonder?
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:42 pm

Nick wrote:its down as 2009-2010, so surely its definately a one season wonder?

Aren't all 3 down as that, though? I thought the reasoning behind it was that we were pretty unsure at the start as to which one(s) were to be kept for next season. I guess time will tell.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:44 pm

Socrates wrote:Support the club

Financially, but not vocally, right?
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:39 pm

Socrates wrote:For FUCKS sake!

Support the club NOT CRIMINALS!

Spot on Soc.
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby Nick » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:46 pm

Blue Toy wrote:

Spot on Soc.

That was fair enough last season when the shirts were £30, those prices encourage people to buy more than one shirt, but £50 for a shirt with name and number thats gonna last 6 months is a bit of a joke. Plus its not like we need the money ;-). Those defenders dont deserve me to help fund their £100,000.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Blue Toy » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:56 pm

Nick wrote:
Blue Toy wrote:

Spot on Soc.

That was fair enough last season when the shirts were £30, those prices encourage people to buy more than one shirt, but £50 for a shirt with name and number thats gonna last 6 months is a bit of a joke. Plus its not like we need the money ;-). Those defenders dont deserve me to help fund their £100,000.

It's not about the club needing the money, it's about what's right and wrong. How anybody would want to help feed a criminal's illegitimate business is beyond me, let alone a criminal who is ripping off our very own beloved.

According to your theory, it would be OK to pickpocket a £50 note from a wealthy man and put it in the pocket of a criminal, as long as there is a reward in it for you?

Counterfeiting has murdered many premium brands in recent years. You can't walk down the street without seeing an LV handbag but I guess that's OK because Mr Vuitton doesn't need the money?
[center]Image[/center]
Blue Toy
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:47 am

If people can't afford £50 but can £20 I don't really see the problem. The official prices are extortionate. I don't rate the design & product at £50 and that's what the crime is against. Unless you're suggesting something more sinister.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:52 am

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:If people can't afford £50 but can £20 I don't really see the problem. The official prices are extortionate. I don't rate the design & product at £50 and that's what the crime is against. Unless you're suggesting something more sinister.

I was contemplating cutting out the middleman by abducting Lewis and forcing him to make me a third kit in a small, cramped attic somewhere.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:56 am

Footballer are paid outrageous amounts, and alot of it is for abject half arsed, passionless performances. It costs enough for a season ticket, let alone £50 a year on a shirt. I agree with you to an extent, as I always use to buy the shirt from the store when it was only a few quid dearer than other shops. I dont think the website quoted about is criminal in anyway. Probably from the same factory the real ones come from.

LV is a whole different arguement, who cares about fake gucci and LV stuff. The guys charge criminal amounts; £100's for t shirts that aren't even high quality. My authentic designer clothes fall apart easier than the fakes ! Have you seen the shitty quality of the jumpers they sell in All saints!

(Better get to bed my impossible retail marketing assignment is nearly sending me over the edge!!!!! )
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:14 pm

spot on i should support the club but the harsh reality is i just cant afford to. I bought the 3rd from the site and it cost me 10pound delivery plus swp and 8 on the back and it was 60pd(somethin like that), i bought the home one here for 60e so, so far ive spent alot so its a case of getting the fake one or not getting one at all, and for the amount of time i wear it 20 odd euro inc delivery is about all im willing and able to afford.

question-i bought the home from my local sports shop for full price, would the club see any of that?

Anyway the"m" i got off the site is slightly bigger than last years "small" as far as i know, i think(just think) i bought a 40 in the home and the m i got online is slightly smaller than that, ill confirm when i get home if anyones intrested?

Just a note i got adebayor and 25 on it and badges looks the part but ive heard they dont wash great when there numbers on it from that site, i also got a barca top and its been washed and number is fine but ive only washed the city one once so far so good but i have been warned!
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:04 pm

Dubciteh wrote:spot on i should support the club but the harsh reality is i just cant afford to. I bought the 3rd from the site and it cost me 10pound delivery plus swp and 8 on the back and it was 60pd(somethin like that), i bought the home one here for 60e so, so far ive spent alot so its a case of getting the fake one or not getting one at all, and for the amount of time i wear it 20 odd euro inc delivery is about all im willing and able to afford.

question-i bought the home from my local sports shop for full price, would the club see any of that?

Anyway the"m" i got off the site is slightly bigger than last years "small" as far as i know, i think(just think) i bought a 40 in the home and the m i got online is slightly smaller than that, ill confirm when i get home if anyones intrested?

Just a note i got adebayor and 25 on it and badges looks the part but ive heard they dont wash great when there numbers on it from that site, i also got a barca top and its been washed and number is fine but ive only washed the city one once so far so good but i have been warned!

same as me mate
i had no intention of buying the black shirt for £40. but if city sold it for £20 i would. fact.
9secondlegend

Postby 9secondlegend » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:05 pm

in fact...im pissed ..im going to buy it now if they take paypal!
9secondlegend

Postby 9secondlegend » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:15 pm

its still not fucking turned up yet
9secondlegend

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:02 am

Ordered my Tevez one over the weekend, Bellamy nearly stole it at the last minute though !

Theres also another website's shirts being sold on that site that are a little dearer but I wouldnt trust as much. They have the white shirt but it says Logo is stuck on and not stitched.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:13 pm

every day i await the post man for my dodgy city top and every day it doesnt come.
sniff sob
9secondlegend

Postby Beeks » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:14 pm

9secondlegend wrote:every day i await the post man for my dodgy city top and every day it doesnt come.
sniff sob

Well it is christmas post and all!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby 9secondlegend » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:37 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
9secondlegend wrote:every day i await the post man for my dodgy city top and every day it doesnt come.
sniff sob

Well it is christmas post and all!

thats what i keep thinking! or maybe some dodgy guy has done one with my money!
Last edited by 9secondlegend on Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9secondlegend

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:56 pm

As I walked towards the stadium on Saturday I passed a humble newsagents and fancied a quick caffeine rush to bury the hangover for a few hours.

Picking up the 89p bottle of Diet Coke I made my way to the counter when this exact thread came to mind. I thought about what I was about do and became engrossed in a personal moral dilemma. Do I buy this soft drink from a man who could well be a criminal for setting such a reasonable price, or should I queue for 30 minutes inside the stadium and buy the same product for £2.20 and "support the club"?

I decided to ask the shop-keep if he was indeed involved in criminal activity and, if by purchasing this Diet Coke, I would be somehow indirectly contributing to some seedy underworld plot to rid the world of extortionate retailers.

Three month ban.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby King Kev » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:48 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:As I walked towards the stadium on Saturday I passed a humble newsagents and fancied a quick caffeine rush to bury the hangover for a few hours.

Picking up the 89p bottle of Diet Coke I made my way to the counter when this exact thread came to mind. I thought about what I was about do and became engrossed in a personal moral dilemma. Do I buy this soft drink from a man who could well be a criminal for setting such a reasonable price, or should I queue for 30 minutes inside the stadium and buy the same product for £2.20 and "support the club"?

I decided to ask the shop-keep if he was indeed involved in criminal activity and, if by purchasing this Diet Coke, I would be somehow indirectly contributing to some seedy underworld plot to rid the world of extortionate retailers.

Three month ban.
Ha banned you from the shop for asking??
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum