6 Month Contract For Mancini?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 6 Month Contract For Mancini?

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 pm

ant london wrote:Incredibly good position for City to have negotiated themselves into

I have gone from being positive to massively positive about this "new appointment". We have minimal risk to be honest. If he doesn't meet the targets (that I think are appropriate....)Ie. Top 4....then he goes and we get a special replacement. He must fancy himself and I like the perception of managerial "swagger" that implies.

Come the fuck on Roberto, get those three extra years.

Win win

EDITED.

NO MATTER WHAT THE CONTRACT - IF HE DOESNT PERFORM HE WILL BE SACKED NO MATTER IF IT WAS 6 MONTHS OR 4 YEARS.
GLAD YOUR POSITIVE AND THE MOOD FROM THE SITE HAS CHANGED FROM DOOM AND GLOOM TO OVERALL POSITIVENESS.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Twobob » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:01 pm

ant london wrote:Incredibly good position for City to have negotiated themselves into

I have gone from being positive to massively positive about this "new appointment". We have minimal risk to be honest. If he doesn't meet the targets (that I think are appropriate....)Ie. Top 4....then he goes and we get a special replacement. He must fancy himself and I like the perception of managerial "swagger" that implies.

Come the fuck on Roberto, get those three extra years.

Win win

Aint you been Banned Ant? ;-)

I start a new job in Jan and my contract has a 6 months probation period - means I gotta graft my arse off and not fall into a sense of security. Works for me and I see no reason why this is a bad thing for City.

As hyou say - Win Win !
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - HST

Monsters are dangerous and Kings are dying like flies arround here...
Twobob
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Gods Own Club

Postby ruralblue » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:02 pm

I thought it was lost in translation and he meant 3 years and six months??, maybe I am mistaken.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:09 pm

ruralblue wrote:I thought it was lost in translation and he meant 3 years and six months??, maybe I am mistaken.

Nope, one of the rag press pursued him with it and Bob's translator re-affirmed the question and Bob deffo said that it was 6 months and a further 3 years if he does the bizz mate.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby irblinx » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:57 pm

Burt wrote:
ruralblue wrote:I thought it was lost in translation and he meant 3 years and six months??, maybe I am mistaken.

Nope, one of the rag press pursued him with it and Bob's translator re-affirmed the question and Bob deffo said that it was 6 months and a further 3 years if he does the bizz mate.

I still thought that when he was saying 6 months and we win we will be ok (or words to that affect) that it was in fact a translation thing, I'm sure Cook can clarify that when he's taken his valium
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Feed The Goat » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:53 pm

If Bobby Manc fancies himself to get us into the top 4 this season and has said just give me 6 months and i'll show you how we do it. then fair play to him i like his confidence.
Mcf.net best app in the land and all the world
Feed The Goat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby giokingkladze » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:55 pm

He's 33/1 to be the next Prem boss to leave his job. If it is a six month contract initially, that could be a good bet if Jose is gonna be available in the summer
giokingkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Gio

Postby Alioune DVToure » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:05 pm

I watched the whole thing and he said "six months and if we win, then after that no problem," which would seem to imply that it's an initial six-month deal. I thought it was pretty poor of Cook not to break his "silence" and clear that issue up as it was obvious that nobody quite got what the deal was. My guess is that it is an initial six months, as in Italian I'm pretty sure it'd be much easier to say "three and a half years" when referring to a period of 38 months.

I also think that an initial six month deal would be bad news, as it suggests that the club aren't absolutely sure they've got the right man. If there's any doubt, why sack the manager we had?
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Mark Garrett » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:08 pm

This needs clarifying by the club, preferably by somebody whose English is perfect and there can be no excuses of mis-translation etc which is what we appear to have.

We need to stick with a manager, sick of constantly changing, so if it is only 6 months then this regime will have hugely disappointed me. I thought they were patient people and Mancini is their appointment, so if they've only given 6 months that is hardly a ringing endorsement and is not what we need. We need stability and Mancini should be given time, proper time, not 6 months but for me, at least 2 and a half seasons.
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby 10.Goater_Legend » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:25 pm

Well i've watched it back because I Sky plused it and he says "6 month and 3 year contract" then when the media push him on it he says "no sorry, 3 and a half year contract." So i pretty sure he's got a 3 and a half year deal but you never know the club might just want to keep the 6 month clause thing quiet. I hope he's got the 3 and half year deal though, he looks the buisness.
10.Goater_Legend
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Burt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:33 pm

10.Goater_Legend wrote:Well i've watched it back because I Sky plused it and he says "6 month and 3 year contract" then when the media push him on it he says "no sorry, 3 and a half year contract." So i pretty sure he's got a 3 and a half year deal but you never know the club might just want to keep the 6 month clause thing quiet. I hope he's got the 3 and half year deal though, he looks the buisness.

And then he was pursued further with it by the rag press and most definately said that if after 6 months, he would be extended to another three years. I'm a little surprised that folk that heard the interview are still unsure cos it sure came across pure and simple o me and I'm a senile ol git!
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:17 am

Wasn't there a trend starting where alot of manager's were getting on rolling contracts? I seem to remember thinking that about a year ago... Am I chattin shit?
MARKMAKAVELI

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:29 am

We must remember that Mancini was our 3rd choice after Hiddink and Mourinho.
Hiidink's agent has already let slip that we asked him to clarify Hiddinks availabilty in the summer.
It would seem quite obvious that our owners are keeping their options open and unless Mancini succeeeds, he's out.

As Ant said...Win win.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby dazby » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:47 am

How do you know that John?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby FA cup winners 2006 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:56 am

what would hiddink or jose think of we were to sack mancini after 6 months and give them the job. Why would they feel they would survive.

if that is the case we should have kept hughes until either hidink or jose are available, which according to hidink's agent is only in january
FA cup winners 2006
De Jong's Tackle

Postby john68 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:50 am

dazby wrote:How do you know that John?

I thought it was reasonably commom knowledge.
It has been publicised in the press that we have been sounding out the availability of certain managers...Hiddink's agent confirmed that. At the same time, Neither Mourinho nor Hiddink are available to suit our immediate timescale. Cook admitted Mancini was sounded out 3 weeks ago. Before the Arsenal and Chelsea wins. After the Spurs loss, Hughes was considered "FAILED" and a replacement was needed.

By giving Mancini only 6 months, it leaves all our options open in the summer. Should he succeed, he gets the gig. Should he fail, we move onto one of our other choices...without having to pay any "goodriddance" pay to Mancini.

A rather clever bit of business.As we will probably know the fate of Mancini, one way or the other, before the end of the season, we can have the next "victim" in the gaffer's seat as soon as the season's final whistle has blown.

Fuckin good business that.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:31 am

john68 wrote:

It has been publicised in the press that we have been sounding out the availability of certain managers...Hiddink's agent confirmed that. At the same time, Neither Mourinho nor Hiddink are available to suit our immediate timescale. Cook admitted Mancini was sounded out 3 weeks ago. Before the Arsenal and Chelsea wins. After the Spurs loss, Hughes was considered "FAILED" and a replacement was needed.

By giving Mancini only 6 months, it leaves all our options open in the summer. Should he succeed, he gets the gig. Should he fail, we move onto one of our other choices...without having to pay any "goodriddance" pay to Mancini.

A rather clever bit of business.As we will probably know the fate of Mancini, one way or the other, before the end of the season, we can have the next "victim" in the gaffer's seat as soon as the season's final whistle has blown.

i agree with that John. Mancini is the best, most qualified immediate candidate that can do something for us in the eyes of the board and ownership. If he can't deliver, they've got potential options lined up for the summer. Already Hiddink's agent is crying that we could have had him in January. Managers want this job because they know they'll get financial backing and infrastructure. Big managers want to take on that challenge which is great news for us long-term.

This approach puts heaps of fuclin pressure on Mancini tho...which is pretty interesting to say the least. Can't wait to see how he and the team reacts.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:05 am

6 months sounds great to me.If he is as good as he says he is and gets us in the CL having won a cup and wants to stay many years as he says,great.
But if its all a bit of a let down summer will be a great time to get rid of him.
I dont think we need stability,we just need the right men.
Rag_hater

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:12 am

Rag_hater wrote:6 months sounds great to me.If he is as good as he says he is and gets us in the CL having won a cup and wants to stay many years as he says,great.
But if its all a bit of a let down summer will be a great time to get rid of him.
I dont think we need stability,we just need the right men.

Agree.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Socrates » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 pm

john68 wrote:

We spoke to Mancini AND checked for availability of others for a short list. Doesn't mean that they were preferred to him just that they were considered!

And to others talking about 4th place, I don't know if that will be the actual target or if they will merely carry forward Hughes' 70 point target, which now equates to 67 points when extrapolated to the end of the season.
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum