The Sun!!!!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Sun!!!!

Postby Wooders » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:42 am

well their (and the press in general) hostility towards us is certainly working - a mate of mine, a palace fan and very level headed thoughtful football fan described city as "more and more of a joke everyday" but then couldn't qualify the comment with a decent reason why - in the end he admitted that he'd probably had his head turned by all the negative press we are currently getting
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Crossie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:50 am

It works though does it? The Sun?? Makes you buy the paper or read the website, even if its only to see what bollocks is in it today.

Stop acknowledging it exists and the world will become a better place.

They dont care if they lie offend or upset anyone, infact its better if they do, because more people talk about it, and more people buy it.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby aaron bond » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:05 am

The thing is, last week all of the media were saying Hughes was at risk of being fired because of our performances but none of them were saying it would be out of order if it happened.

A few days later, Hughes is the victim, shouldn't have been fired and big bad City are out to ruin football. It's madness!

If we beat Stoke and Wolves though, they'll be praising Mancini and writing about how it was always the right decision.

They're so fickle, they don't care what they write. Just best to ignore, particularly the tabloids (although all papers have been spouting rubbish this week about us).
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby john68 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:40 am

It has always been the case that the more of a threat anything is to their vested interests, the harder they attack it.
This applies to all the media, the braodsheets do similar but with longer sentences and bigger words.

Wait until we win something (later this year)...then if this makes you angry, you'll be fuclin livid.

"CITY BUY THE CARLING CUP"
"MONEYBAGS LIFT TROPHY"

It has hardly started yet.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum