GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: GREAT NEWS FOR ALL OF US.

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 am

Seems extremely trivial for me but I guess it makes a sort of point. Banning photographers and press and then your talking.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:58 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Seems extremely trivial for me but I guess it makes a sort of point. Banning photographers and press and then your talking.

Unfortunately if the relationship gets worse, not just the press will suffer. The training ground will become more & more inpenetrable & your training reports will get more & more difficult to do.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:04 am

I would hope they would realise the difference between the 2. One is positive for the club and fans and the other is garbage and anti City.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bluez » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:07 am

Chinners wrote:To be honest, yes. The way last weekend panned out was very unlike the previous superb PR the club had done. I was beginning to think they'd spawned it!

They did mess up this weekend, they let a manager take charge of a game when the world and his dog knew he wasn't going to last the day.

Unless of course they wanted the discussion to be all about how they did it rather than what they did.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby daveh1962 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:19 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I would hope they would realise the difference between the 2. One is positive for the club and fans and the other is garbage and anti City.

But I like reading your reports Doug...................:)
daveh1962
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby sweenyuk » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:32 am

Bluez wrote:
Chinners wrote:To be honest, yes. The way last weekend panned out was very unlike the previous superb PR the club had done. I was beginning to think they'd spawned it!

They did mess up this weekend, they let a manager take charge of a game when the world and his dog knew he wasn't going to last the day.

Unless of course they wanted the discussion to be all about how they did it rather than what they did.

Sacking the Manager as soon as he walked off the pitch having already got in his replacement was the only thing for me they did wrong. To allow a foreign manager time to asses the team before taking the role and employing his number 2 as an inside agent ahead of the appointments is very clever management. I just feel Hughes should have been releived of his job mid week, even if it meant the chairman taking a mid week flight into Manchester and let Kidd run the team against sunderland.
sweenyuk
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum