I just bumped into Khaldoon..

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I just bumped into Khaldoon..

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:29 am

It's good to know that the bad publicity is adding to their determination to succeed rather than having the opposite effect.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby bluej » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:56 am

Abu Dhabi wrote:Of course the Puma thing was a joke.
Why? you didnt hear we are getting puma?!!

Well it wasnt a long chat. I was just entering the store when I saw him on the cashier checking out. Normal Arabic greeting at the entrance then I introduced my City enthusiasm and mentioned to him that I try to attend games whenever I can and that I attended the Chelsea game which he showed his appreciation to. I said "the English media isnt the most supportive is it?" and he said you cant control their irrationality and that we dont work for them, we work for the fans and we still have the bigger part of the season ahead. Something to that extent. Then I told him how great I thought they've been doing and wished him good luck.

And yes, you can almost bump into anyone in AD, anyone. Even Sheikhs. Some of them even have open sessions to meet people at their place twice a week.

Fighting...urge...to...laugh.

In all seriousness, it's good to hear stuff like this, cheers AD.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Vhero » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:38 pm

ashton287 wrote:is this bullshit or wat?? you dont just "bump into" these people

im a fan of being sponsered by umbro also i say bring back BROTHER

I agree mate you really don't just bump into people like the owner of our club and he certainly doesn't just stop for a fucking chat!
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Vhero wrote:
ashton287 wrote:is this bullshit or wat?? you dont just "bump into" these people

I agree mate you really don't just bump into people like the owner of our club and he certainly doesn't just stop for a fucking chat!

What is much more worrying is that you don't know who the owner of our club is...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby bluej » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Vhero wrote:

Of course if you read the thread and the explanations given then you would in fact find you're completely wrong.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby King Kev » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Socrates wrote:
Vhero wrote:

What is much more worrying is that you don't know who the owner of our club is...

Peter Swales doesn't live in Abu Dhabi!?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Nick » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:54 pm

What I dont understand is, if these guys are so open and approachable, why do we barely even see photos of the Sheik?! Hes not been to COMS and for the first year the only thing we saw of him was a portrait.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Abu Dhabi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Well I wanted to point out something here. Khaldoon (our chairman not owner) only became sheikh Mansour and Mohamed's right hand in the last two years. I can guarantee you that he wasn't that famous before the City affair. Even now I'm sure not many would recognise him walking in the mall. You see Abu Dhabi is full of businessmen, he is one of them. I would not rate him as unapproachable.

Dealing with the other point raised, Sheikh Mansour is always in the frame here in the UAE. Yesterday he was in the news dealing with technological stuff conference, the day before he met the Egyptian preisdent delagation visiting the country, the day before he was doing another important stuff. He is said to be the 3rd most important person in the country. Saying there are no pictures of him is far far from the truth. He is just a busy man by his status.

And yes, I think if you passed by him he won't mind saying hi back to you.
Viva El City
Abu Dhabi
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The Citizens

Postby Vhero » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Socrates wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Ack I didn't even realise I put that lol but how is that worrying exactly? If you worry about that mate you have something seriously wrong with you ;p
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Socrates » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:24 pm

Vhero wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Vhero wrote:

Ack I didn't even realise I put that lol but how is that worrying exactly? If you worry about that mate you have something seriously wrong with you ;p

I worry about you a lot...
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby Vhero » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:48 pm

Socrates wrote:
Vhero wrote:
Socrates wrote:
Vhero wrote:

I worry about you a lot...

At least somebody does :)
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum