Joe Hart

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Joe Hart

Postby CityFanFromRome » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:09 am

I agree, he should go on loan again next season, and then the following one, until Given retires. He has ten years on Given so he will be our keeper once Shay is gone, but until then, he can improve playing for sides that keep him under constant pressure like Birmingham.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby walmai » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:50 am

He's presently the best English keeper by a long chalk. He's brave and quick to react to most danger.

Sounds like a grounded personality too.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby Lee_Kinda » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:52 am

Could we do like a 2 year loan deal or something?

Although shay is amazing, for the long term good of the club WE CAN NOT LET HART GO!
Lee_Kinda
De Jong's Tackle

Postby gillie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:02 pm

walmai wrote:He's presently the best English keeper by a long chalk. He's brave and quick to react to most danger.

Walmai if you dont mind me asking whats the sig all about?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby irblinx » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:17 pm

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Just loan him out to Brum again next season. He's contracted here for years yet, so if we dont want to sell him, we wont.

Gets my vote. Have Mancini explain to him that once Super Shay retires he will be the no. 1 choice of the best team in the world but that at the moment we don't mind him going on season long loans as he's good enough to be playing first team footy. If possible I'd prefer him to be sent for language lessons and then farm him out on loan in Spain, Germany or Italy but if not just make sure it is a team that won't affect us
irblinx
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Crossie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:27 pm

Keep Hart in. Loan him out for another couple of seasons until Shay shows signs of slowing.

Whats the point in selling him when he will probably be the best English keeper in another couple of years time. He might even make Englands number 1 for the world cup if James doesnt sort himself out and Green gets injured etc.

Keep keep keep, just loan him to keep him happy.
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Nick » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Why wouldnt he take say a 1 / 2 year lond with a call back option if given got injured? Brum cant afford him and he IS our future. To the guydismissing brum as shit, hes actually propelling them up the league to a similar position to us!!
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Longball » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:22 pm

for me the jurys out- he got all big balls before he left- but Given is miles above him- i wnt repeat but he is that ahead of him
Longball
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: Oxfam
My favourite player is: Kompany

Postby ronk » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 pm

irblinx wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:Just loan him out to Brum again next season. He's contracted here for years yet, so if we dont want to sell him, we wont.

Gets my vote. Have Mancini explain to him that once Super Shay retires he will be the no. 1 choice of the best team in the world but that at the moment we don't mind him going on season long loans as he's good enough to be playing first team footy. If possible I'd prefer him to be sent for language lessons and then farm him out on loan in Spain, Germany or Italy but if not just make sure it is a team that won't affect us

There's something to be said for the foreign sojourn idea. I doubt he'd be all that interested though. He already made a big deal about the move from Shrewsbury to Manchester and I imagine proximity was one reason why he only travelled as far as Birmingham.

There aren't many clubs in the premier league we'd really want to be loaning him to.

If he decides he wants out, we don't really have a lot of options to hold him long term. Short term we can say no, but not long term. That's going to make it very difficult to get him to sign a contract extension. He'll be much more inclined to get a permanent move if possible knowing that it could lead to a bigger move in the future and he'll have more control of his destiny. Arsenal would be one club that might be very interested in a seriously good long term keeper. There's nothing to say that he mightn't come back someday, if we have a need for a keeper. Keepers are the one position where you hold onto one when you get one you like. We don't know how long Given will be around, will Hart be willing to wait in the wings on loan for 4 years when we could easily turn around at the end of that and extend Given (or buy someone else).

Our best chance of holding him is that he continues to develop without having a temporary run of form that gets him ahead of himself and no one actually tries hard enough to buy him. If anyone puts serious money on the table (and he's interested), he'll be gone.

If we say we want to keep him and he's not for sale, we still would have to say to him if he's hinting at interest that the offer would need to be large for us to be able to accept. If we block directly, he'll sit it out.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ant london » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:26 am

gillie wrote:
walmai wrote:He's presently the best English keeper by a long chalk. He's brave and quick to react to most danger.

I think that is supposed to depict a little avatar blowing bubbles

It's a West Ham thing dontchaknow
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:48 am

ant london wrote:
gillie wrote:

What's disturbing is that, according to West Ham history, 'Bubbles' was a young blonde boy.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Blue2 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:23 pm

No way we should let Hart go. Might be on my own here, but I don't think Given has been as good this season and his lack of command of the area worries me. Great shot stopper, but doesn't come for enough crosses. Can see Joe deposing him next season if he gets a chance.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Slim » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:14 am

ant london wrote:
gillie wrote:

My favourite thing about west ham games. I think every football fan worldwide knows the words.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum