BLACKBURN ROVERS MATCH THREAD

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: BLACKBURN ROVERS MATCH THREAD

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:26 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:Benjani!? Has Mancini been smoking crack?

? Whats the team Edge?

I was in so much shock from Benjani I missed most of the rest.

De Jong and Barry in the middle, Petrov on the right and Bellamy on the left with Tevez and Benjani up front.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mike J » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:28 pm

fucking hell has benjani turned into superman in training or something! wtf has he picked him for!!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Only team news on OS is that Patrick will not be in tonights squad.

If Benjani is playing I can only imagine its a shop window thing to make Stoke so foolisly hand over their money for him.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Maybe he's keeping RSC fresh for next week, or this weekend? You would have thought Ade would be back for next Wednesday, maybe?
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Maybe he's keeping RSC fresh for next week, or this weekend? You would have thought Ade would be back for next Wednesday, maybe?

I can't believe Robinho at home is ousted for Benjani.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

I was hoping for Tevez & Robbie in attack. Clucking bell why Benjani?????
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby ruralblue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:30 pm

Manx Blue wrote:Maybe he's keeping RSC fresh for next week, or this weekend? You would have thought Ade would be back for next Wednesday, maybe?

I would imagine Ade will be spending a few weeks in Togo with family mate. City said they will not rush him back.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ryanmjo » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:31 pm

I don't understand it, but I think there is more than enough quality in the side to go 4th.
ryanmjo
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby LookMumImOnMCF.net » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:31 pm

Is this where our 'fans' are slagging off players even before the match kicks off? Good stuff.
LookMumImOnMCF.net
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net
My favourite player is: LookMumI'mOnMCF.net

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:32 pm

LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:Is this where our 'fans' are slagging off players even before the match kicks off? Good stuff.

That's the one, join in!
edge275

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:33 pm

A new manager gives every player a fresh start. It is a shame then that many City fans are incapable of doing that.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm

ruralblue wrote:

I would imagine Ade will be spending a few weeks in Togo with family mate. City said they will not rush him back.

I know...but after the funerals and mourning process, he may be the sort of chap who just wants to get on with things?

SWP on the bench...Douglas mentioned he'd rolled his ankle again at the back end of last week, so he's not ready just yet.

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby edge275 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:35 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:A new manager gives every player a fresh start. It is a shame then that many City fans are incapable of doing that.

Give the teacher a fresh apple.
edge275

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:36 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:A new manager gives every player a fresh start. It is a shame then that many City fans are incapable of doing that.

If they give us three points Tokyo, fair do's. If not...hang them all!!

Manx Blue

Postby Burt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:I was hoping for Tevez & Robbie in attack. Clucking bell why Benjani?????

Presumably due to that very important goal that he scored last week and he did tuck it away pretty classily didn't he?

I don't ave a problem with it. He's picking players that are doing well, Petrov included and I think that Bob The Manc will be justified tonight. We've gotta trust him unless he proves otherwise IMO.
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Mike J » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:38 pm

maybe robinho has been as lazy in training as he is in games?
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Fidel Castro » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Sadly I think this is quite a clear indication Robbie isn't in Mancini's plans. It's one thing being dropped for an in-form Petrov/Bellamy, it's another thing completely being dropped for Benjani
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Boyata, and more importantly, Ibrahim on the bench....more kids coming through!

Manx Blue

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Sadly I think this is quite a clear indication Robbie isn't in Mancini's plans. It's one thing being dropped for an in-form Petrov/Bellamy, it's another thing completely being dropped for Benjani

Doesn't look good regarding Robbie does it? Though I guess as an ex forward Mancini knows how damaging to a strikers confidence it is when you score and then are dropped. If things aren't working I think we'll see RSC and Robbie on around the 65 minute mark. If they are and we're winning, who gives a shit, its up to RSC and Robbie to win their place back through hard work and commitment. No one should ever think they're guaranteed a place in the starting 11... well maybe Given.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:43 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:Sadly I think this is quite a clear indication Robbie isn't in Mancini's plans. It's one thing being dropped for an in-form Petrov/Bellamy, it's another thing completely being dropped for Benjani

So you'd put two smaller forwards together against Samba and some other Alladyce neanderthal? Benji is a good choice to soften them hup...Robby on to finish them off!! ;0)

Manx Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum