Comin Home...Nominee Poll

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Who should Mancityfans "sponsor" in the Coming Home Comp

Dazby
52%
Slim
6%
PBL
1%
CarlFTG
6%
kinkylola
23%
Kyle
1%
CityfanfromRome
5%
Doomy
2%
Manx
1%
ant yeah right
2%

Total votes : 83

Re: Comin Home...Nominees

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:10 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:so we could put up a good case for each of them:

Carl: Manc lad, long way from home, served his country, been virtual pals for years, needs a keyboard where caps lock isnt stuck.
Slim: another manc, family ties, homecoming, new nephew or niece, nearky lost in a hideous ceiling collapse
Dazby: Oz but blue. always hospitable to his many visitors from here, want to see if he really does look like Shaggy

I hope you're all going to enter yourselves, but would an entry (or 3 ) from the Board carry more weight?

I think people should nominate themselves only

Nominations in by Friday

Poll started on Saturday
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby sandman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:33 pm

Fidel Castro wrote:I hate Australians so that eliminates Dazby, Slim, PBL and any of the other Aboriginal-slaughterers.
I vote for Kuwait, if he's still alive.

Or you could vote for me, seeing as snow fucked up my little trip to Manc last week. I should be over round that time anyway actually, will just need a ticket ;-)

Sod the Kangaroo fuckers, we have enough convicts of our own, bring this man over!!
sandman
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City

Re: Comin Home...Campaign

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:36 pm

ant london wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:

I concour.

oi you fuckcunt.....if it hadn't escaped your notice I am in the abroad too??????

pfftt...get in line. i've been sulking for an hour after reading this thread. Everyone hates me. boo-hoo. boo-hoo.

girl.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Original Dub » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:39 pm

Wooders wrote:Dazby or Slim for sure

Yup, I'll go for that
Original Dub

Postby kinkylola » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:52 pm

I don't know that I deserve it more than anyone else, but ...

I've never been to COMS ... I've never even been to England. The closest I got was 2 weeks in Munich (not joking). I started supporting City more than 10 years ago (I was 14). I had always played baseball and American football (even had a scholarship to play collegiate baseball), but after some major personal issues came up in my life, those things didn't seem to matter anymore. I started hanging out with certain friends a lot more and one of them, believe it or not, was a rag fan. We'd catch games whenever we could and we played as well. Like most Americans, I played soccer in my youth (under 12), but never concentrated on it above baseball or football or basketball, so I understood the basics of how the game was played and learned quickly, as my friend was an accomplished player throughout the youth levels in america. Although he was a red, for some reason I don't know, I detested them. I hated how everyone seemed to like them for no reason and I hated how all of my friends liked them, and I knew it was only because they won. So I went searching for the anti-thesis of what they stood for. I found City. And we were relegated that season as well, haha ( '97/98). I took alot of shit from all of my friends, but I was proud the team I supported. Ever since then I've played soccer and followed city with a passion.

When I went to China and lived there for 2 1/2 years, I supported city. Always finding a way to watch games, whether it be at pubs and bars or streaming online or pirated Philippine satellites.

Now i'm back in America and stuck in the middle of nowhere Georgia for work. If I have to miss a game, it's like a dagger through my heart. I even just made my girlfriend rearrange her flight to see me so picking her up from the airport didn't interfere with my ability to watch the city game.

I dream about going to COMS, and I actually dream about one day working for city. Maybe that's a stretch ... but I am fluent in Chinese and would love nothing better than to oversee City dominating the Asian market ... ripping it away from Chelsea and united.

I don't think anyone would seriously vote for me ... I don't even know if I really qualify or if I deserve it. But it seems like a dream opportunity.

Anyway, that's my piece. so I nominate myself.
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:55 pm

kinkylola wrote:I don't know that I deserve it more than anyone else, but ...

I've never been to COMS ... I've never even been to England. The closest I got was 2 weeks in Munich (not joking). I started supporting City more than 10 years ago (I was 14). I had always played baseball and American football (even had a scholarship to play collegiate baseball), but after some major personal issues came up in my life, those things didn't seem to matter anymore. I started hanging out with certain friends a lot more and one of them, believe it or not, was a rag fan. We'd catch games whenever we could and we played as well. Like most Americans, I played soccer in my youth (under 12), but never concentrated on it above baseball or football or basketball, so I understood the basics of how the game was played and learned quickly, as my friend was an accomplished player throughout the youth levels in america. Although he was a red, for some reason I don't know, I detested them. I hated how everyone seemed to like them for no reason and I hated how all of my friends liked them, and I knew it was only because they won. So I went searching for the anti-thesis of what they stood for. I found City. And we were relegated that season as well, haha ( '97/98). I took alot of shit from all of my friends, but I was proud the team I supported. Ever since then I've played soccer and followed city with a passion.

When I went to China and lived there for 2 1/2 years, I supported city. Always finding a way to watch games, whether it be at pubs and bars or streaming online or pirated Philippine satellites.

Now i'm back in America and stuck in the middle of nowhere Georgia for work. If I have to miss a game, it's like a dagger through my heart. I even just made my girlfriend rearrange her flight to see me so picking her up from the airport didn't interfere with my ability to watch the city game.

I dream about going to COMS, and I actually dream about one day working for city. Maybe that's a stretch ... but I am fluent in Chinese and would love nothing better than to oversee City dominating the Asian market ... ripping it away from Chelsea and U***d.

I don't think anyone would seriously vote for me ... I don't even know if I really qualify or if I deserve it. But it seems like a dream opportunity.

Anyway, that's my piece. so I nominate myself.

Well you've got my vote mate
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:56 pm

DAZBYS A FUCKING GIRL AND WOULD PROBABLY DRINK LAGER AND BLACKCURRENT SO IT WOULD BE A WASTE BRINGING HIM OVER.

SLIM IS NOT A BAD SHOUT BUT WOULD YOU GO OUT ON THE PISS WITH SOMEONE THAT CANT EVEN KEEP THEIR OWN HOUSE IN ONE PIECE?????

IM THE OBVIOUS CHOICE AS APART FROM ME BEING AN ENTERTAINING CUNT ILL ALSO BRING OVER A COUPLE OF BIRDS TO ENTERTAIN THE LADS DOWN AT THE LOCAL.

CANT GET ANY FAIRER THAN THAT.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dronny » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:05 pm

My vote goes to kinkylola, oh hang on a moment, CARL'S bring some Jack over?????????
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:20 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:DAZBYS A FUCKING GIRL AND WOULD PROBABLY DRINK LAGER AND BLACKCURRENT SO IT WOULD BE A WASTE BRINGING HIM OVER.

SLIM IS NOT A BAD SHOUT BUT WOULD YOU GO OUT ON THE PISS WITH SOMEONE THAT CANT EVEN KEEP THEIR OWN HOUSE IN ONE PIECE?????

IM THE OBVIOUS CHOICE AS APART FROM ME BEING AN ENTERTAINING CUNT ILL ALSO BRING OVER A COUPLE OF BIRDS TO ENTERTAIN THE LADS DOWN AT THE LOCAL.

This is very competitive Carl you'd better get working on your speach.
the bar is set here:
even Blues can be wankers
sorry of that's anyone's family
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:DAZBYS A FUCKING GIRL AND WOULD PROBABLY DRINK LAGER AND BLACKCURRENT SO IT WOULD BE A WASTE BRINGING HIM OVER.

This is very competitive Carl you'd better get working on your speach.
the bar is set here:
even Blues can be wankers
sorry of that's anyone's family

That is awful. If they win, I'll phone Cape Town airport and make a bomb threat.
No way are they getting on that plane FOOL
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby pepsi_dave » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:26 pm

Dazby gets my vote.....
Derby Day The Scores Were Level
Then The Goat Was Fed By Neville
Silly Boy Should Know For Sure
Feed The Goat and He Will Score
pepsi_dave
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods Own Club
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:30 pm

What's with all the Ozzie love? Fuck 'em the arrogant shouty shit-beer-drinking koala molesters
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:41 pm

It should be Dazby - no question. Does he need to make his own case?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:45 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:It should be Dazby - no question. Does he need to make his own case?

YES HE,S A GIRL - IT,S ALREADY BEEN STATED.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:It should be Dazby - no question. Does he need to make his own case?

YES HE,S A GIRL - IT,S ALREADY BEEN STATED.

are we going to have to watch you two fuck for the next hour? use a condom this time please. my keyboard's still sticky from last time.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:58 pm

I love to meet Carl so my vote goes to him (for bringing a couple of birds alone) otherwise Patrick, PBL, Dazby or Slim ... actually anyone on the otherside of the world would be a good shout
Last edited by Chinners on Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:06 pm

Kinkylola gets my vote aslong as he stops saying soccer ;o)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:21 pm

It should be someone who has never been to City game. Are there anyone else than Kinkylola and Dazby?

BTW - I reckon Dazby would drink shandies.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:It should be someone who has never been to City game.

Completely agree...I think if you have been before you should be ineligable...let someone have a dream trip to see the sky blues for the first time
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby kinkylola » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:59 pm

this is the kind of thing that could definitely convince me to stop saying soccer
kinkylola
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum