How About That One?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: How About That One?

Postby JB » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:That was the best team sir cunt could put out, and in my opinion we paid them too much respect(too many have done it this season) but we werent at our cohesive best and we still have something to bite on second leg. Is it the Italian manager factor? I havent a clue, but from 0-1 we found a way to get to 2-1 and keep it that way. Ps. all scum and associated cunts out there moaning about the penalty...jog on, remember "injury" time earlier this season. If we get through, I'll call it quits!

I would have taken 2-1 before the match but you are right - it could have been a lot more if we'd gone for the jugular. As it is it's all to play for.
JB
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Neil Young!

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:41 pm

I am a bit worried about the 2nd leg now. I hope we get a draw at least.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Mike J » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:45 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I am a bit worried about the 2nd leg now. I hope we get a draw at least.

what we cannot afford to do in that second leg is sit back. we need to go at them, they dont like it at all!
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:46 pm

ronk wrote:
Svensational wrote:Penalty or not, he fucking gave it and we got revenge from that shit at OT back in September!

Fuck the lot of them. Great performance from Carlos.

Absolutely erected right now.

Shut it. Of course it was a penno. We were on the receiving end last game and we accepted it was correct. If you grab someone outside the box and it's a foul, then it's a penalty if you're still holding on inside the penalty area.

In that scenario, a ref should give a red card outside the box + free kick, or a pen + yellow, in my opinion. Which he did do.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Blue Blood » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:47 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:I am a bit worried about the 2nd leg now. I hope we get a draw at least.

its all on united to win it now. chillax.
Blue Blood

My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby edge275 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Some brilliant individual performances. Kompany, De Jong, Tevez, Given, Bellamy were all fantastic.

i thought in the first half we were very static. We had De Jong, Zabaleta (on the left wing!?) and Barry all sitting back leaving a huge area of space from the midfield to the forward line. The rags had acres of room to play in and passed it round freely.

Although I concede our goal was lucky so was their's. Bellamy actually tackled Valencia but he got lucky and it went behind Bellamy. Valencia then crossed it in and it came off Given and fell perfectly for Giggs. Probably 9 out of every 10 times of doing that it would fall anywhere else but to Giggs' feet.

In the second half the midfield closed the gap to the forward line and that settled us a lot more. The goal also buoyed us somewhat.

When Tevez scored the second I thought it was pretty suicidal going all bust for defence. Let's be honest if the rags were 2-1 up at the swamp up they wouldn't do that.

We seemed to just about carry it off though and hung on for victory. I felt Ireland should've definitely come on at some point in the game and I'm really not sure on picking Boyata straight from the off. Don't get me wrong he performed well all considering but it was a risk that was perhaps needless considering we had Onuoha available.

At the end of the day however we won 2 - 1 and it's time to celebrate!
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:55 pm

Mike J wrote:

what we cannot afford to do in that second leg is sit back. we need to go at them, they dont like it at all!

Exactly. They dont like it when other teams attack them because they arent used to it, and their counter attacks are increasingly aimed towards rooney. Give them time and space, more often than not they will hurt you, but the number of "jokers" sir cunt has to play are so limited now he plays Giggs from the start(he'll start second leg, absolutely) because Giggs is the one player he has who can link with rooney. A greying, 47 year old increasingly cross-eyed OBE personality of the year is their creative dynamo.Whoop de fucking do.
Never mind, once he retires he will be replaced with..........er....gabriel obertan?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:56 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Some giant individual performances from Kompany, Bellamy, Given, De Jong and Tevez got us over the line there.

edge275 wrote:Some brilliant individual performances. Kompany, De Jong, Tevez, Given, Bellamy were all fantastic.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby edge275 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:Some giant individual performances from Kompany, Bellamy, Given, De Jong and Tevez got us over the line there.

edge275 wrote:Some brilliant individual performances. Kompany, De Jong, Tevez, Given, Bellamy were all fantastic.

What exactly are you trying to say?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275

Postby markuse » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:27 pm

ronk wrote:
Svensational wrote:Penalty or not, he fucking gave it and we got revenge from that shit at OT back in September!

Shut it. Of course it was a penno. We were on the receiving end last game and we accepted it was correct. If you grab someone outside the box and it's a foul, then it's a penalty if you're still holding on inside the penalty area.

Exactly what I thought: a copycat decision to the one against us on Saturday.

If that was a pen this is a pen, full stop. Great comeback and our midfield showed its brighter side today
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:29 pm

markuse wrote:
ronk wrote:

If that was a pen this is a pen, full stop. Great comeback and our midfield showed its brighter side today

the foul was outside the box, after bellamy entered the penalty area there was a little slap of arms and noting else. NEVER A PENALTY
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby markuse » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:34 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
markuse wrote:

the foul was outside the box, after bellamy entered the penalty area there was a little slap of arms and noting else. NEVER A PENALTY

You didn-t spot the irony in my "if". Imo neither Saturday's nor today's were penalties: they had to be both free kicks taken from where the shirt pulling began (even though I still have some doubts that Saturday's one was a foul at all because of the lack of "procured damage" - but here it's my continental point of view)

Anyway, if Henry can get praise from 80% of Bundesliga players for his "hand gaul" at least we as fans can make our compliments to Bellers for having kept his balance enough to fall inside the penalty area.
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:37 pm

markuse wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:
markuse wrote:

You didn-t spot the irony in my "if". Imo neither Saturday's nor today's were penalties: they had to be both free kicks taken from where the shirt pulling began (even though I still have some doubts that Saturday's one was a foul at all because of the lack of "procured damage" - but here it's my continental point of view)

Anyway, if Henry can get praise from 80% of Bundesliga players for his "hand gaul" at least we as fans can make our compliments to Bellers for having kept his balance enough to fall inside the penalty area.

ha ha touché
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Slim » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:39 pm

edge275 wrote:

Oh fuck, you agree with DHTP, it's all downhill from here.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Im an old Twat at 41 very soon, and i can put hand on heart.Ive never seen a more accurate tackler than the wrinkly dog.The blokes fuckin immense.Cane we just for one fuckin second not argue and applaud Mark Hughes for signing this bloke.
shawzy

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Slim wrote:
edge275 wrote:

He's going to have to start - now he's lost his Hughes allies it's hard to imagine people giving a fuck what he posts.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby edge275 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:41 am

Slim wrote:
edge275 wrote:

He's going to have to start - now he's lost his Hughes allies it's hard to imagine people giving a fuck what he posts.

You're like my own personal lap dog. Always following me around.
edge275

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:24 am

Lets do the checklist...

taggert 'blinked' first and put out a strong team
We had Boyata in his second outing
They scored first and were well up for it
We overturned them and a deficit to win 2-1

Bloody awesome

And going with Boyata showed some major bollocks from Mancini :)
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby john68 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:33 am

No Ireland
No Toure,
No Lescott,
No Adebayour,
No RSC,
No Michael Johnson.

We were missing so many quality players and we won the game. That is quality...sheer quality.
How often have our best team failed to compete against the rags?
Now our reseves have done them...:-)
I am certain that was not lost on taggart...He isn't that clueless that he won't understand his best were beaten by our scratch team.
I shall ensure the rags I meet will understand that tomorrow.
We have good reason to be happy.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am

john68 wrote:No Ireland
No Toure,
No Lescott,
No Adebayour,
No RSC,
No Michael Johnson.

We were missing so many quality players and we won the game. That is quality...sheer quality.
How often have our best team failed to compete against the rags?
Now our reseves have done them...:-)
I am certain that was not lost on taggart...He isn't that clueless that he won't understand his best were beaten by our scratch team.
I shall ensure the rags I meet will understand that tomorrow.
We have good reason to be happy.

100% spot on
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum