Mancini hails team effort

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini hails team effort

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:03 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I really can't believe people find something to critisise after night like last night. I'm still high as a kite from pure euforia.

Maybe in few days but fookin hell..... as results go that was one of the best in my lifetime. I mean League Cup Semi win over Rags, don't get much better than that.

I know exactly where you are coming from, but it is not won yet. We beat Hamburg at our place but didn't win the tie!!

Different thing to playing bloody Hamburg.

Of course it's not over but we got a Derby win after few painfull years and in semi final as well. It doesn't get much better than that.

At least for me. Many people seem to be able to find holes and flaws in tactics and individual performances and whatever.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby ENIAM NAM » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:12 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ENIAM NAM wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I really can't believe people find something to critisise after night like last night. I'm still high as a kite from pure euforia.

Maybe in few days but fookin hell..... as results go that was one of the best in my lifetime. I mean League Cup Semi win over Rags, don't get much better than that.

I know exactly where you are coming from, but it is not won yet. We beat Hamburg at our place but didn't win the tie!!

Of course it's not over but we got a Derby win after few painfull years and in semi final as well. It doesn't get much better than that.

At least for me. Many people seem to be able to find holes and flaws in tactics and individual performances and whatever.

I wasn't comparing Hamburg to united, just that we only win if we get to Wembley.

Not finding flaws, but not singing from the rooftops yet either.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Of course it's not over but we got a Derby win after few painfull years and in semi final as well. It doesn't get much better than that.

Seriously, this win will mean absolutely nothing if we lose by more than 1 goal next Wednesday.

It's half time. That's why we can and should discuss tactics.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:18 pm

lets score first and sit back and frustrate the fuck out of them. Would be nice.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 pm

What I DON'T want us to do is try and defend this lead at OT...we need to go there and play our game...going there with a gameplan to sit back will be suicide
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:21 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Of course it's not over but we got a Derby win after few painfull years and in semi final as well. It doesn't get much better than that.

Seriously, this win will mean absolutely nothing if we lose by more than 1 goal next Wednesday.

Derby win is a Derby win and I'm going to enjoy this no matter what people say.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:31 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:

Toppest of the top top blues as ever.
Everyone enjoyed last night - make no mistake - but once the dust has settled you have to look at the bigger picture. We're not through yet and we looked very negative and very vulnerable - Given produced more than one top class save and we weren't keeping hold of the ball for long spells. We just won't get away with that at the swamp, and there's no point pretending we don't need to improve.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:

Everyone enjoyed last night - make no mistake - but once the dust has settled you have to look at the bigger picture. We're not through yet and we looked very negative and very vulnerable - Given produced more than one top class save and we weren't keeping hold of the ball for long spells. We just won't get away with that at the swamp, and there's no point pretending we don't need to improve.

Don't think there was any need for that. I am enjoying the result and you seem determined to somehow prove me wrong or whatever.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:

Don't think there was any need for that. I am enjoying the result and you seem determined to somehow prove me wrong or whatever.

People were discussing tactics etc. you came in and criticised them, they explained that they were discussing tactics - there was no need at that point for:
you wrote:Derby win is a Derby win and I'm going to enjoy this no matter what people say

as if everyone else didn't value the win as you did, as if everyone who was prepared to question the nature of the win - and its likelihood of leading to a meaningful result - didn't enjoy it as you did.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Chinners » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:52 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:

We haven't had many painful derbies in the last few years imo. Even the couple we lost we played well enough. Games against Man U mean nothing to me nowadays, Bolton is our derby match after all.
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:59 pm

Chinners wrote:We haven't had many painful derbies in the last few years imo. Even the couple we lost we played well enough. Games against Man U mean nothing to me nowadays, Bolton is our derby match after all.

Stuart Pearce's last Derby was painful - just like the rest of that calendar year. A derby with no atmosphere, no passion, no football of note and just two penalty kicks.
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:22 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:What I DON'T want us to do is try and defend this lead at OT...we need to go there and play our game...going there with a gameplan to sit back will be suicide

this is what worries me too mate - i'm pretty sure we will score but i'm also pretty sure they will too. if you sit off them they keep coming in waves and do, despite their maladies this year, have more than enough quality to score a few.

we need to get in their faces, harry them and give them fuck all space. as soon as we started doing that last night we got back into the game and caused them problems. if we play against their players, and not their shirts we will have a great chance of getting to wembley imo.
The Man In Blue

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum