Weiss joins Bolton

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Weiss joins Bolton

Postby Original Dub » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:43 pm

gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
gillie wrote:
Original Dub wrote:
Crossie wrote:Anyone got a link to show this is official?

Fuck you Crossie, if the Dubster says it, its official ;)

Our very own Ronan SWANSON lol.

A few differences mate:

I'm better looking, I know more about transfers and I get paid less ;)

Yeah that's as maybe mate but have you got a fancy gizmo like his you know the one where he touches a tv screen and up pops a player being linked with a move.

Fuck off, don't get me started ya bollox....
Original Dub

Postby BmoreBlue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:52 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Martinez wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Don't know where they will play him though...Bolton fan here in work says they have a guy on the right wing who is probably there best player at the moment.

Can't be that good if he doesn't know who he is.

I was just thinking the same, They have Lee (chung- youyou?) the south korean on the right wing and he's been their best player by a mile so far. Not sure where Vlad will fit in, Wigan would have been a better team forhim imo

Ahh him! I think he can play elsewhere across the front/midfield as could Weiss.

Lee Chung Yong...supposedly playing very well

Over here in the states we seem to get a lot of Bolton games (usually when they're playing top 4 clubs) - Lee is a tricky winger, wrong footed Traore repeatedly in their first clash with Arsenal last week. Overall it's a good move for him - i think Coyle can find space for both Weiss and Lee. I'll be pulling for Notlob to stay up now, provided Coyle actually changes their style of play.
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby The Man In Blue » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:56 pm

just been on to a bulltown-supporting mate and he's well happy with this. good move for all parties imo.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CityFanFromRome » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Good for him, as long as he plays. But I think he will, and that will give us the chance to see how good he is, really, and to him to get Prem experience and improve.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Burt » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:44 pm

This really is a "no brainer". Vlad gets the chance to shine and the yonners are no threat to us and he may help them to get points off our rivals:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Great move for us and weiss and will benefit from this move a lot!

We all know what he can do but time for him to prove it week in and week out. He should be playing most games for them anyway imo!
Blueboylewis
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:13 pm

I'm not sure I'm happy about this. It's good for him to get regular football but we are in the middle of injury crisis and could have probably used him ourselves. At least from the bench.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Citizen of Oslo » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm not sure I'm happy about this. It's good for him to get regular football but we are in the middle of injury crisis and could have probably used him ourselves. At least from the bench.

I too have got mixed emotions concerning this. In one way he was on the brink to play regularily for the first team and we might need him. On the other, proving himself for another team at high level is as good as it gets. Then there is the world cup and he propably wants to play week in, week out. Especially since his father is in charge of his National team.
Citizen of Oslo
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:30 pm

He got the game v Boro but since then hasn't had a look in and has been training with the reserves! I think the move is ideal for him but had heard a whisper he didnt want a loan move .
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:He got the game v Boro but since then hasn't had a look in and has been training with the reserves! I think the move is ideal for him but had heard a whisper he didnt want a loan move .

I think it's good for him too. I think the kid's got loads of potential, but apart from the odd and occasional minute of brilliance, he usually has lloked out of his deapt when I've seen him. He has to lern how to prioritze, to choose the simple solution, and to play for the team before he will be of much use to us.

Harsh but true.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Martinez » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:55 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:He got the game v Boro but since then hasn't had a look in and has been training with the reserves! I think the move is ideal for him but had heard a whisper he didnt want a loan move .

Strange thing to get demoted, even though he was absolutely not at his best against boro. He just wanted to do too much

I agree he has a lot to learn but I hope Coyle lets him do his thing and don't try turn him into something he's not, if Bolton stay in the relegation battle it could be difficult to play too many flair players
Martinez
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:54 pm

Good move for the lad as long as he get's regular football.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Mase » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:57 pm

Still hope Bolton go down.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 pm

mr_nool wrote:

I think it's good for him too. I think the kid's got loads of potential, but apart from the odd and occasional minute of brilliance, he usually has lloked out of his deapt when I've seen him. He has to lern how to prioritze, to choose the simple solution, and to play for the team before he will be of much use to us.

Harsh but true.

Agreed. He's got a bit of the Tranny in his first season about him. Hope it goes well for him.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:33 pm

dazby wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Harsh but true.

Agreed. He's got a bit of the Tranny in his first season about him. Hope it goes well for him.

That was (hopefully) my worst spelled post ever. I did start with the wine early tonight, though.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:58 pm

mr_nool wrote:
dazby wrote:
mr_nool wrote:

Harsh but true.

That was (hopefully) my worst spelled post ever. I did start with the wine early tonight, though.

Nah, you've done worse my meaty commo buddy.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby ant london » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:I'm not sure I'm happy about this. It's good for him to get regular football but we are in the middle of injury crisis and could have probably used him ourselves. At least from the bench.

Mate

Your English is great and I totally (I think, on the basis of me being ok at a few other european languages...) understand where the fault comes from...BUT you consistently omit prepositions when posting.

Below you say

"It's in middle of injury crisis"

It is totally comprehensible and most wouldn't pull you up if it was a one off BUT your English is SO good and this is the one persistent fault that (in electronic/typed/written communication) would ALWAYS raise the flag as to you being a non-native/fluent speaker.

You always omit prepositions.

The above should read;

We are in the middle of AN injury crisis

You might currently post

Roberto Mancini is tactically astute manager

This omits A between is and tactically.

I know why (linguistically) you don't insert them. But you need to use these (useless....I agree) words in English.

Also, I hope you can understand that I remain very fond of you (and look forward to meeting sometime not too far in the future) even tho I have and continue to vehemently clash with your perspective City.

Yours in sincere friendship

Ant
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:02 pm

7 bloody years we've been laughing about this and you go and spoil the joke Ant.

Poor bloody form.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Postby ant london » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:08 pm

dazby wrote:7 bloody years we've been laughing about this and you go and spoil the joke Ant.

Poor bloody form.

Ah mate your are such Aussie fast posting dick.

That was meant to be a PM but did it on the Crackbitch and then saw it was on the forum but that shaggydaggydoo had bastard replied within seconds. Twa'day mate

Antti...my comments were meant to be private before StrapOnVictimOfWilmaandFilthyDaphne hi-jacked my placatory post!!!! Haha
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby mr_nool » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:10 pm

ant london wrote:

Mate

Your English is great and I totally (I think, on the basis of me being ok at a few other european languages...) understand where the fault comes from...BUT you consistently omit prepositions when posting.

Below you say

"It's in middle of injury crisis"

It is totally comprehensible and most wouldn't pull you up if it was a one off BUT your English is SO good and this is the one persistent fault that (in electronic/typed/written communication) would ALWAYS raise the flag as to you being a non-native/fluent speaker.

You always omit prepositions.

The above should read;

We are in the middle of AN injury crisis

You might currently post

Roberto Mancini is tactically astute manager

This omits A between is and tactically.

I know why (linguistically) you don't insert them. But you need to use these (useless....I agree) words in English.

Also, I hope you can understand that I remain very fond of you (and look forward to meeting sometime not too far in the future) even tho I have and continue to vehemently clash with your perspective City.

Yours in sincere friendship

Ant

He's speaking bloody [urlnp=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_language]Finnish[/urlnp]. It's a strange fucking language, only related to Estonian and Hungarian. It has very few similarities to germanic languages, such as English. No wonder he makes the odd mistakes when it comes to prepositions (in my opinion prepositions is one of the hardest things to learn when learning a new language). But I do like how he calls he she and she he. That's also some Finno-Urgic shit. Appearently they only have one genus or something like that.
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum