Wio charged with violent conduct

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Wio charged with violent conduct

Postby Original Dub » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:23 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:According to something I've just read, if he pleads guilty then he misses tomorrows game. If he contests it he'll play but they can give him an extra game ban, which they will do as they've set a precedent with similar incidents.

Be interesting to see if they're desperate enough for him to play v us to contest it.

Yeah mate the SSN reproter outside the swamp just said the same thing. So basically, he can contest it, but if he does he'll miss the games v Arsenal (away), portsmouth(h), away at Villa and away to Everton more than likely.

Three of those games are tough as they come and I think its gonna come down to a straight choice, in Baconface's mind, between playing Wio against us OR playing him against pompey and Villa.

I'm not overly worried, but at the same time, I'll always rather play a team without their first choice defenders, particularly when we're in much the same boat.
Original Dub

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Either way old Danish will be well chuffed.

No central defenders for weeks on end, then one gets fit and immediately gets a 3-4 game ban. Quality.

They have got away without him in their league matches against shite opposition but they will want him back for as many as possible of the tougher games to come.

My guess would be that they accept the charge and don't play him tomorrow.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:43 pm

BBC Website says he can accept thw charge and still play tomorrow? WTF? Thought bans were immediate?
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Vhero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:49 pm

Typical ain't it? No doubt Fergie has had a hand in this and managed to hold off the FA for just long enough to get him in tomorrows game as no doubt he has that kind of pull these days if you think otherwise you need to rethink.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby gillie » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 pm

I dont give a flying fuck if he plays coz they showed a stat on SSN and the rags had more clean sheets without the cunt.Leave the cunt in the team i say he is the most overated CB in the prem imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Somerset Blue » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:BBC Website says he can accept thw charge and still play tomorrow? WTF? Thought bans were immediate?

According to SSN (just on), if he accepts the charge he misses the game tomorrow, if he refutes it then he can play but will get a 4-match ban instead if found guilty.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby simon12 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:52 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:BBC Website says he can accept thw charge and still play tomorrow? WTF? Thought bans were immediate?

According to SSN (just on), if he accepts the charge he misses the game tomorrow, if he refutes it then he can play but will get a 4-match ban instead if found guilty.

Yes I`ve just seen that. If he does miss tomorrow doesn`t it force them to have to Play chuckle. If so brilliant!!
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby blues-clues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

Somerset Blue wrote:

I am not certain about this but I thought that the ban was only increased if the panel felt that the appeal was frivolous or done for strategic reasons. Otherwise it is an unreasonable rule, a player is surely entitled to make his case if he genuinely believes he has one without the threat of additional punishment just for seeking justice. Doesn't apply here of course - Ferdinand guilty as sin - lucky not to be on an assault charge as well.
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby ronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:36 am

blues-clues wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

I am not certain about this but I thought that the ban was only increased if the panel felt that the appeal was frivolous or done for strategic reasons. Otherwise it is an unreasonable rule, a player is surely entitled to make his case if he genuinely believes he has one without the threat of additional punishment just for seeking justice. Doesn't apply here of course - Ferdinand guilty as sin - lucky not to be on an assault charge as well.

Adebayor wanted to appeal, we weren't willing to take the risk.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby gillie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:54 am

ronk wrote:
blues-clues wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Poker you go with what you got with Ade we had a pair of 2s.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ronk » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:26 am

gillie wrote:
ronk wrote:
blues-clues wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Poker you go with what you got with Ade we had a pair of 2s.

So Wio is Queen high?
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 am

blues-clues wrote:
Somerset Blue wrote:

Appealing and he just happens to be able to play in a cup semi final, pretty much nailed on as strategic as it gets, although will be interesting to see what rules get bent if he does appeal given its nailed on he is guilty.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beeks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Wooders » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:04 pm

he won't be appealing it surely - he was bang to rights
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby TrueBlue82 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:12 pm

i hope he appeals, plays, gets ripped to shreds by bellamy/tevez, then gets an extended ban...lahvly......
[center]Image[/center]
[center]Image[/center]
TrueBlue82
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Mase » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 pm

TrueBlue82 wrote:i hope he appeals, plays, gets ripped to shreds by bellamy/tevez, then gets an extended ban...lahvly......

Now that is a proper merkin!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:17 pm

MaseCTID wrote:
TrueBlue82 wrote:i hope he appeals, plays, gets ripped to shreds by bellamy/tevez, then gets an extended ban...lahvly......

Now that is a proper Gherkin!

:-)
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Oh well, I would prefer him not to play, but we have seen how bellers ripped him last time, so I am sure he will be the more nervous.

Just before the game,
Bellamy walks up to Ferdinand and says: "alwight Wio, wemember me?"
Wio: "no should I?"
<bellemy turns around>
Wio: "oh its you...........Bastard"
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:06 pm

We should run this twat as much as possible, he'll cave in if we do. He was struggling at weekend against a bunch of campionship standard nobodies.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby blues-clues » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:30 pm

He's appealing the charge.,

Plays tonight then I guess
blues-clues
Donated to the site