On a positive note...Debutants

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: On a positive note...Debutants

Postby Beeks » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Can't believe anyone is looking positives from that shower of shite.

Do you not think Jinky made an impact when he came on Antti?

Personally thought he looked pretty decent...take the team performance out of it...hence the title of the thread ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Re: On a positive note...

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:29 pm

edge275 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
edge275 wrote:
King Kev wrote:Is he better than Petrov or SWP?

In my opinion yes. I don't rate SWP beyond top 6 side. Same for Petrov really.

????

He has played 45 minutes for us FFS. KK were you on a fishing trip with that question?

Had a decent game, service to him was appalling though - and WE HAVE BOUGHT A FUCKING LEFT WINGER, CAN WE NOT PLAY HIM ON THE TWATTING LEFT?

I have watched him play for Middlesborough you know.

Every week?

Not disagreeing with you that he is a good player, but very, very different to the other two named.

Johnson seems to be a little more of a midfielder, is good on the ball wheras the other two are more hit and rush out and out wingers. SWP top with the dribbling, Petrov ok with the crosses, but the rest of their game, awareness, passing are fucking awful.

I think the options the 3 give us in different games is the biggest thing Johnson brings to the table - especially when RSC back for those crosses.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:29 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Can't believe anyone is looking positives from that shower of shite.

Personally thought he looked pretty decent...take the team performance out of it...hence the title of the thread ;-)

I was fucking suicidal after the Portsmouth game & am feeling even worse now as it seems all my worst fears are being realised so if I can make an attempt at being positive at least a few other fuckers could make an effort!
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Beeks » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

I was fucking suicidal after the Portsmouth game & am feeling even worse now as it seems all my worst fears are being realised so if I can make an attempt at being positive at least a few other fuckers could make an effort!

Here Here!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Crossie » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:30 pm

Both should start the next game.

Barry or Dejong to drop, doesnt really matter which one goes out for Vieira,

Bellers needs a break after that performance, love you bellers, but Johnson needs to start, and you played shit today
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:31 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

maybe he did, I don't know.

Point is that we lost to fucking Hull and it's going to be uphill struggle now considering the fixtures coming up.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Beeks » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Point is that we lost to fucking Hull and it's going to be uphill struggle now considering the fixtures coming up.

You may be right...but saying that...we always seem to raise our game against the bigger teams...it's the likes of Hull etc etc that we always seem to struggle against...and mainly away...our home record is fucking quality

I think AJ will add to this team considerably and hope he starts on Tuesday
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:33 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
edge275 wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
edge275 wrote:

In my opinion yes. I don't rate SWP beyond top 6 side. Same for Petrov really.

????

He has played 45 minutes for us FFS. KK were you on a fishing trip with that question?

Had a decent game, service to him was appalling though - and WE HAVE BOUGHT A FUCKING LEFT WINGER, CAN WE NOT PLAY HIM ON THE TWATTING LEFT?

I have watched him play for Middlesborough you know.

Every week?

Not disagreeing with you that he is a good player, but very, very different to the other two named.

Johnson seems to be a little more of a midfielder, is good on the ball wheras the other two are more hit and rush out and out wingers. SWP top with the dribbling, Petrov ok with the crosses, but the rest of their game, awareness, passing are fucking awful.

I think the options the 3 give us in different games is the biggest thing Johnson brings to the table - especially when RSC back for those crosses.

Johnson plays out wide (almost always until he came on today) he can play as a winger on either side but tends to perhaps be a bit greedy & not get the crosses in he should do. If we solve that he'll be a better winger than Petrov or SWP imo but I can imagine him being stuck in midfield a fair bit as putting him on the left wing would be too obvious.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby lets all have a disco » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:34 pm

Johnson has got a better delivery,is faster,stronger,more enthusiastic and got more desire than Petrov and thats seeing him in blue for 45 mins.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:35 pm

lets all have a disco wrote:

Johnson has got a better delivery,is faster,stronger,more enthusiastic and got more desire than Petrov.

Don't think he's faster but agree with the rest + he can beat a man with tricks rather than just pace.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby david yearsley » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Season hinges on this month and it has started badly - fucl up the next 2 games and it´s season over - I´m not over optimistic, sadly
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:22 pm

david yearsley wrote:Season hinges on this month and it has started badly - fucl up the next 2 games and it´s season over - I´m not over optimistic, sadly

I agree. A team doesnt necessarily need to win any of the games against the other top 4 teams to finish in the top 4. They just make sure they win these games! Losing to Hull is not the form of a top 4 side. We fuck up again against a team like this and its over imo.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby rick1894citizen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:35 pm

Crossie wrote:Both should start the next game.

Barry or Dejong to drop, doesnt really matter which one goes out for Vieira,

Bellers needs a break after that performance, love you bellers, but Johnson needs to start, and you played shit today

Sounds good to me and if Lescott is fit i'd drop Toure aswell.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby rick1894citizen » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:39 pm

david yearsley wrote:Season hinges on this month and it has started badly - fucl up the next 2 games and it´s season over - I´m not over optimistic, sadly

Agreed, the next 5 games could see us in the quarters and 4th or out of cup and looking over our shoulders at the Fulhams, Evertons and christ do i hope its the first as have been on a downer since the scum.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:11 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:

Agreed, the next 5 games could see us in the quarters and 4th or out of cup and looking over our shoulders at the Fulhams, Evertons and christ do i hope its the first as have been on a downer since the scum.

We need an entertaining morale boosting victory v Bolton not just a victory. It's always possible to fuck up v lower teams when you're building something (even though many on here may only just be realising it) but it's the manner of the performances that matters to me. Winning & playing shit is something mid table teams can do but only a very few can play the quality of football we've sometimes seen even if it's just in flashes. At the moment that's gone, even when we win we don't look any better than an average team & barely produce any real quality in a full match.

We need to start seeing quality football again, then we'll get back the belief that we can do something.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby aaron bond » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:18 pm

I can't believe people are saying a defeat today spells the end of our season.

Why was no one saying this before the game? Slight overreaction me thinks...

Very few positives to take out of the game but I was impressed with Johnson. Thought he looked eager and tricky. Would give him a start against Bolton on Tuesday.

Vieira was good as well IMO. As much as I like De Jong and Barry, for too many games this season the opposition's midfield has dominated the game so something is not right. I'd start Vieira against Bolton too.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Midnight Blue » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:31 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:....
I see no reason that on tuesday we cant start with a 4-4-3 formation and have our strongest backline out that we can have available.
Then in midfield start with De jong and Johnson and one other player, Vieria, Ireland, Barry. Mancini's choice!
And then upfront we play with Bellamy, Tevez and Adebayor.

I can think of one reason...
Midnight Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Attractive Football

Postby brite blu sky » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:34 pm

Patrick wrote:
id say that we have to expect days like this at fired up clubs

agree. expect it yes, but i hope we dont have some sense of accepting it though.

Mancicnis birth into the prem so far has been defined more by the defeats to the toffees and today.

i get the sense from some games that we "appear" to lack link up between mid and attack, but i get the sense that the prob is coming more from playing too deep. Is that bcos of a lack of confidence after the toffees lesson, or is it being ordered to be more defensive minded.

iether way we have to learn to deal with it.. and we have to learn fast too.

if we need to pretend to start games at 1-nil down.. then so be it. We had enough quality in the starting 11 to completely outplay Hull, albeit not without a fight. so the question to ask is why are we not coming out of the starting blocks with the right attitude to take the game to Hull.

complacency??
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby AFKAE » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:43 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:
I see no reason that on tuesday we cant start with a 4-4-3 formation

That could be one way of improving our chances :-)
AFKAE
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Ted Hughes » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 pm

We looked pretty good at the back v Chelsea, as if we were just starting to become an organised unit but immediately we lost a player from that line up, then another etc etc. If we get that back 4 together again, then play with a more positive attitude, we can get back to the standard we reached that day. It wasn't a fluke, it was a true sign of what we can become but we have to be positive as well as organised.

Whether those players can instantly click again & it can happen quickly enough to save Mancini is another question but we used to say we were aiming for top 6 & building for the future before we sacked the last manager.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum