Mancini OUT

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini OUT

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:25 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:At least you are up front about it. I like the honesty.

Honesty or attention-seeking? Fuck me I was a fan of Hughes but above all I'm a fan of stability. We're City, not Real-fucking-Madrid, and the only time in my lifetime that I can remember a run of results like the current one we were in the divisions below. Couldn't give a cunt about the "quality" of football on display, I only care about the satisfaction I get from looking at the league table. We're doing well. The last thing we need is ANOTHER manager.

Let's not forget, Mancini as a manager has won more top-flight titles in four years as a manager than we have in over 100 years as a club. Are we really in a position to say he's not up to the task? We really are starting to sound like the pricks down the road who we give so much shit to for becoming disheartened at the drop of a hat.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: City

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 am

avoidconfusion wrote:Something tells me he is gone in the summer anyway.

Im thinking that as well. I think we have Hiddink or someone lined up and Mancini is well aware of this-hence the short contract..All that talk of a 3 year deal on the cards is just cover up..

I wanted Hughes out after a season. I just wasnt impressed at all with the way we played,how he set us out and he he seemed to refuse to change things-or when he did it was rather too late or baffleing. Mancini at least chages things straight away when our play isnt working. I dont know what the fuss is about..Yeah, we could be better, but we havent been that bad!! Let the guy at least settle!! I think we already look better under Mancini then when Hughes was at City. At least we can now string 3 passes together.

as said..all this is fookin madness!!
Last edited by Dazzacity on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:37 am

Hands up if you've seen this before for your whole life?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:At least you are up front about it. I like the honesty.

Honesty or attention-seeking? Fuck me I was a fan of Hughes but above all I'm a fan of stability. We're City, not Real-fucking-Madrid, and the only time in my lifetime that I can remember a run of results like the current one we were in the divisions below. Couldn't give a cunt about the "quality" of football on display, I only care about the satisfaction I get from looking at the league table. We're doing well. The last thing we need is ANOTHER manager.

Let's not forget, Mancini as a manager has won more top-flight titles in four years as a manager than we have in over 100 years as a club. Are we really in a position to say he's not up to the task? We really are starting to sound like the pricks down the road who we give so much shit to for becoming disheartened at the drop of a hat.

Amazing how quickly the money has turned some of us into impatient, arrogant pillocks really.
Last edited by Kladze on Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby branny » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:39 am

the lack of money given to Mancini in the last transfer window (even Les was top spender last season) would suggest that this is short term. signing Johnson was a no brainer and is looking a bargain and Vieira is only on a deal til the end of the season. I can't for one minute comprehend that he would think that these were the only signings needed to strengthen the squad.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:46 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Hands up if you've seen this before for your whole life?

Its moronic, its depressing and its frustrating that people never seem to learn from history.
He's been here 57 days for fuck sake??? 57 days in which he has won 8 and drawn 1 from his first 12 games and people are calling for his head?! Get a fucking grip!
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Dazzacity » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:50 am

branny wrote:the lack of money given to Mancini in the last transfer window (even Les was top spender last season) would suggest that this is short term. signing Johnson was a no brainer and is looking a bargain and Vieira is only on a deal til the end of the season. I can't for one minute comprehend that he would think that these were the only signings needed to strengthen the squad.

Im not so sure on that basis.Never really any big deals going on in the Jan window.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:51 am

Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

Its moronic, its depressing and its frustrating that people never seem to learn from history.
He's been here 57 days for fuck sake??? 57 days in which he has won 8 and drawn 1 from his first 12 games and people are calling for his head?! Get a fucking grip!

What would be the point of sacking the last bloke & then sacking this one? The last sacking was one of the most arrogant & stupid & shameful in the history of the club & this would be even worse.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alioune DVToure » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

What would be the point of sacking the last bloke & then sacking this one? The last sacking was one of the most arrogant & stupid & shameful in the history of the club & this would be even worse.

Much more eloquent than my earlier, drunken rant. But I fully echo your sentiments.
Alioune DVToure
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:02 am

Alioune DVToure wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Kiss_The_Goat wrote:

Much more eloquent than my earlier, drunken rant. But I fully echo your sentiments.

I really hope the majority of this Mancini out shit has just been a knee-jerk reaction to the frustration at the performance and not quite yet getting into the quarter final of the cup and people will be able to be a little more rational tomorrow.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:24 am

I don't want him sacked for exactly the reasons i wanted us to stick with hughes. He...and we.:..needs more time to get it right. I had doubts as to the wisdom of us replacing one relative novice with another and those doubts currently look well founded.

Watched the match with a stoke fan and a room of neutrals. The neutrals once again rated us as one of the most appalling teams to watch in the prem at the moment and i have to depressingly agree.

There were some good individual performances last night but the "football" we are serving up, this CRAPENACCIO is truly wrist-slittingly bad.

On current evidence, if Mancini is the answer...i'm not sure what the question was
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:35 am

This site is nothing if not entertaining. Ludicrous, laughable and moronic? Yes, but there is entertainment in that.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby xavi6 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:52 am

Slim wrote:This site is nothing if not entertaining. Ludicrous, laughable and moronic? Yes, but there is entertainment in that.

More entertaining than the football anyway.

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:12 am

ant london wrote:I don't want him sacked for exactly the reasons i wanted us to stick with hughes. He...and we.:..needs more time to get it right. I had doubts as to the wisdom of us replacing one relative novice with another and those doubts currently look well founded.

Watched the match with a stoke fan and a room of neutrals. The neutrals once again rated us as one of the most appalling teams to watch in the prem at the moment and i have to depressingly agree.

There were some good individual performances last night but the "football" we are serving up, this CRAPENACCIO is truly wrist-slittingly bad.

On current evidence, if Mancini is the answer...i'm not sure what the question was

I was in agreement with your view during the 1st half of the season - very disappointed during the run of draws but wanting stability - at least until the end of the season.

So I want stability now - I mentioned at the time not to sack the manager until the replacement was secured - the PROPER replacement - not some interim. If Mancini is an interim I would have rather given Hughes until the end of the season - at least the football was much much better to watch.

When Mancini was appointed - I hoped that it was because he was identified to be the PROPER choice -then you hear about "..only until summer.." - but who knows - that may just be the press

But he is the Manchester city manager - therefore he has my support.

I just think a number of fans on here though are a bit pissed off with what are seen as shallow double standards - some were the leaders of the campaign against the previously incumbent Manchester City manager - and Mancini was seen as one of the options that would prove to be a messiah - but now they still cannot stop spouting on and on - must be either to seek to justify their previous vitriol or perhaps just because they like the sound of their own posts - why can they just not let it go?? move on??

Most of us are the type that just get behind all aspects of the club
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:20 am

Just to re-iterate, he has my absolute full support.

I do not remotely want another change in manager....sacking Roberto Mancini after 6 months would just be a huge mistake, it would send out the worst signals about how the club is run. I agree with MCFC1632, if the board were not confident that Mancini was the right replacement then Hughes should have been given the full season if no other appropriate (long term) candidate were available.

But that does not change the fact that I am hating what I am seeing on the pitch currently and that worries me, it worries me that I am hearing that the natives are restless in the stands, it worries me that the owners/board might press the panic button again and that would be a massive blunder.

But I also understand that if fans are paying to sit and watch shit from the same players they have previously been entertained by, it is pretty natural that they will start to grumble and show their feelings quite quickly if they feel that the change of manager has actually taken the club backwards in performance/entertainment terms
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:37 am

ant london wrote:Just to re-iterate, he has my absolute full support.

I do not remotely want another change in manager....sacking Roberto Mancini after 6 months would just be a huge mistake, it would send out the worst signals about how the club is run. I agree with MCFC1632, if the board were not confident that Mancini was the right replacement then Hughes should have been given the full season if no other appropriate (long term) candidate were available.

But that does not change the fact that I am hating what I am seeing on the pitch currently and that worries me, it worries me that I am hearing that the natives are restless in the stands, it worries me that the owners/board might press the panic button again and that would be a massive blunder.

But I also understand that if fans are paying to sit and watch shit from the same players they have previously been entertained by, it is pretty natural that they will start to grumble and show their feelings quite quickly if they feel that the change of manager has actually taken the club backwards in performance/entertainment terms

I agree with you 100% but if the football doesn't improve, he doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of surviving. The board will be close to replacing him already but the reaction of the fans is going to get ugly if this continues. The next 10 days are crucial & probably decide whether we have a good end to the season or a living nightmare.

I think I'll retire for the season if they all start getting stuck into Mancini I've done my bit over the years & seen enough of it. My parents have been going since they were kids & were talking about chucking it in last night.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blue 68 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:01 am

Well I don't think sacking Mancini is the answer but I'm actually finding watching his football quite boring and I am glad I decided not to waste money and attend yesterday's game against Stoke.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Esky » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:32 am

I think the switch from Hughes' defensively naive but very entertaining style of play to anything resembling the catenaccio was always going to divide people.

Firstly, the players themselves haven't had long to adapt. Playing Vieira, Barry and De Jong all at once hardly gives us the most 'dynamic' midfield but it helps smooth the transition for a squad that barely had any time to settle into it's old system, let alone this new one.

It was only 7 months or so ago that Ade, Tevez, Toure, Lescott et al. joined. Since then they've had to learn about the players around them, learn how to play the Hughes way and, in the past few weeks, they've had to learn how to play in another style all together.

Yes the past few games had been comparatively boring, but comparisons to the Pearce era are so wide of the mark as not to be funny.

Also, remember games like Fulham (1-1) and West Brom (1-2) away last season? THEY were among the most negative and uninspired performances I've ever seen a City side turn out. Not a dig at Hughes, I'm just saying it's irrational to think we can play the beautiful game all the time (at least not in this tentative stage of the club's development anyway).
Esky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: The Blue Ship

Postby john@staustell » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:08 am

There are brief glimpses of a good team followed by loads of 'running in treacle'.

As I said with Les last summer, they aint gonna change managers now, so why all this business again?

Mancini will need time for a change of style.

One thing I do think though, is that if Les was still about we may still be drawing silly league games, but I have a sneaky feeling he would've won that semi.

Still ,water under the bridge now so 2 1-0 victories at Stoke it is!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:22 am

This thread was started with a smile because in another thread somebody asked if it was the first Mancini out thread. Maybe it's a fair debate but it aint going to happen end of story. Mancini is the man even though he clearly has a lot of work to do based on the last 6 or so games as there is no escaping that we have been poor.

He will know only too well that performances haven't been good enough and that the next bunch of games are critical. We really don't want to go out of the FA cup and we really musn't lose the next 2 league games or the natives will be more than restless. We can if we want make all kinds of excuses but that's all they would be , excuses and meaningless. He has to be brave with team selections and style of play if we are to win the games that matter. He has the ability and the players have the ability , but have the fans got the ability during difficult times to support the team unreservedly?

Stoke at home is a really tough challenge but we have a great chance to win there even if we have to grind out a dirty scruffy 1 nil win. That's what I would call a top result not playing well. They don't have Ethers and we will have 2 or 3 back so will be stronger.So it's 1 nil for me and smiling again.:):)
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum