Brazil V Ireland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Brazil V Ireland

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:59 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:Superb finish from Robbie, mostly same as a City away game otherwise. Can't understand how he can keep Ronaldinho out of the team. Just the fact that he can take free kicks should be enough to sway the balance but he's playing much better too.

Did Ireland do the half time team talk in the pub? Looked terribly unfit & disorganised after an hour. No excuse for it as they had more of the ball 1st half so they've no reason to be any more tired than Brazil 15 mins into the 2nd.

I agree about what your saying about Ronaldinho cant understand myself how hes not back in the national side again.I have been watching Milan regularly on espn and he has got himself back in great shape and has recaptured the form of old.
I have really enjoyed watching Milan just for his performances alone.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:08 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Superb finish from Robbie, mostly same as a City away game otherwise. Can't understand how he can keep Ronaldinho out of the team. Just the fact that he can take free kicks should be enough to sway the balance but he's playing much better too.

Did Ireland do the half time team talk in the pub? Looked terribly unfit & disorganised after an hour. No excuse for it as they had more of the ball 1st half so they've no reason to be any more tired than Brazil 15 mins into the 2nd.

I agree about what your saying about Ronaldinho cant understand myself how hes not back in the national side again.I have been watching Milan regularly on espn and he has got himself back in great shape and has recaptured the form of old.

He's just so much more talented on the ball than Robinho & although he's not got the ability to sprint like he used to, Robinho's hardly Linford Christie either, plus Ronaldinho's much stronger than him physically. If you're going to carry a lazy fucker in a game you may as well carry one that can bend in free kicks from 25 yards.

Perhaps Dunga is just playing hard to get so Ronney stays fit til summer? I think he's the only chance they've got of winning the world cup.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:19 pm

we'll all seem like we've dropped a bollock if Robson lights up the WC, earns some accolades, wins the thing, then forces a move to a certain club in Spain.

is it wrong then to hope Brasil and Robson fail this summer for that reason alone? it makes me feel selfish, but it's what i want.

sorry if that offends some. i'm a cunt. Ant Cairo is my idol.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:we'll all seem like we've dropped a bollock if Robson lights up the WC, earns some accolades, wins the thing, then forces a move to a certain club in Spain.

is it wrong then to hope Brasil and Robson fail this summer for that reason alone? it makes me feel selfish, but it's what i want.

cheers

I hope he has a blinder & we make him come back & if he can't cope again, then demand a top player in return from any club that he wants to go to.

However, I think he'll be shite, Brazil will do fuck all & we'll either have to let him go on the cheap or have him loafing around doing f all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby brite blu sky » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:17 am

DoomMerchant wrote:we'll all seem like we've dropped a bollock if Robson lights up the WC, earns some accolades, wins the thing, then forces a move to a certain club in Spain.

cheers

give out
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

cheers

I hope he has a blinder & we make him come back & if he can't cope again, then demand a top player in return from any club that he wants to go to.

However, I think he'll be shite, Brazil will do fuck all & we'll either have to let him go on the cheap or have him loafing around doing f all.

yeah, i should be more optimistic and not such a bastard and hope for your first scenario, huh? i just can't see him having a blinder and him not feeling that he's just punched his ticket to Barca. i think we're fucked either way with him tbh.

this should be an interesting WC as i think the traditional South American teams are fuclin pants, as you lot are wont to say. I'd say there's an African team or two who could go further than Argies or Brasil.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:05 am

I ant Robbie to have a storming world cup so we can flog him to Barca and get back most of what we paid out.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Wooders » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:13 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:I ant Robbie to have a storming world cup so we can flog him to Barca and get back most of what we paid out.

amen to that made, we've lost robinho we need to face up to it, he's not suited to the prem/doesn't care about the club enough to work hard on improving that - its over.
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:29 am

Wooders wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:I ant Robbie to have a storming world cup so we can flog him to Barca and get back most of what we paid out.

amen to that made, we've lost robinho we need to face up to it, he's not suited to the prem/doesn't care about the club enough to work hard on improving that - its over.

he's just an Asset now, and one we want to increase in value. A great world cup will help that.
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:47 am

Well if he keeps on playing like that for Santos and Brazil I reckon we can get 25m for him.... hopefully. haha
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:55 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

cheers

yeah, i should be more optimistic and not such a bastard and hope for your first scenario, huh? i just can't see him having a blinder and him not feeling that he's just punched his ticket to Barca. i think we're fucked either way with him tbh.

this should be an interesting WC as i think the traditional South American teams are fuclin pants, as you lot are wont to say. I'd say there's an African team or two who could go further than Argies or Brasil.

cheers

Agree. I've never seen a Brazil team like the current one. They're so short of true world class match winning players, indeed players of top quality. They can still pass the ball around nicely but their biggest strength is their physical attributes & organisation rather than footballing talent imo. Even so, every game they should let 3 goals in & somehow don't. Same again last night, people missing unmarked free headers etc. If that luck holds out they'll be fine but I don't see how it can. Not against top sides.

Argentina could still be a force if someone shoots Maradona but even then not enough to win it. Seeing as England have half a squad unfit & the rest trying to chuck it down the toilet it's all there for Spain, Holland etc if they want it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Citeh&Crew » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

He's just so much more talented on the ball than Robinho & although he's not got the ability to sprint like he used to, Robinho's hardly Linford Christie either, plus Ronaldinho's much stronger than him physically. If you're going to carry a lazy fucker in a game you may as well carry one that can bend in free kicks from 25 yards.

Perhaps Dunga is just playing hard to get so Ronney stays fit til summer? I think he's the only chance they've got of winning the world cup.

I agree with you about Ronnie being in form, and deserving on his national team. But to say he is their only chance at winning the World Cup? uhhh.. have you seen Brazil's bench? Because I am fairly sure that you could take the next 11 off the bench, and field a side that could hammer just about any other nation in the world on the pitch.

My goodness.. just Brazil's back line alone is awesome. Look who they have! Maicon, Alves, Thiago Silva, Lucio, Bastes.. I have no idea if Alex has been called up, but he is another. That back line is the major reason why Brazil are favorites this summer. I can't think of a back line that is so talented and deep.
Citeh&Crew

Postby Rag_hater » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:46 pm

Citeh&Crew wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

I agree with you about Ronnie being in form, and deserving on his national team. But to say he is their only chance at winning the World Cup? uhhh.. have you seen Brazil's bench? Because I am fairly sure that you could take the next 11 off the bench, and field a side that could hammer just about any other nation in the world on the pitch.

My goodness.. just Brazil's back line alone is awesome. Look who they have! Maicon, Alves, Thiago Silva, Lucio, Bastes.. I have no idea if Alex has been called up, but he is another. That back line is the major reason why Brazil are favorites this summer. I can't think of a back line that is so talented and deep.

And they probably have one of the best goalies in the world aswell behind them
Rag_hater

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Did anyone notice (or care) that Elano was not in the Brazilian squad. Looks like his plan is not working (unless he's injured ?).
I also noticed that Adriano is back so at least for him, going back to Brazil has worked out.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby Citeh&Crew » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:55 pm

Rag_hater wrote:And they probably have one of the best goalies in the world aswell behind them

Cesar is rated as one of the best goalies, and we'll see if it holds true this summer. He's good, but I personally don't rate him on par with the best in the Prem. Just my opinion based on what I have seen of him with Inter.

Forgot another defender for Brazil.. Baptista.
Citeh&Crew

Postby CityFanFromRome » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:43 pm

Citeh&Crew wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:And they probably have one of the best goalies in the world aswell behind them

Cesar is rated as one of the best goalies, and we'll see if it holds true this summer. He's good, but I personally don't rate him on par with the best in the Prem. Just my opinion based on what I have seen of him with Inter.

Forgot another defender for Brazil.. Baptista.

Julio? If it's him you're referring to, he's not a defender. Although, given the bad form he's been in for Roma this season he might as well be, he has done barely anything upfront so far for the club.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby King Kev » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:40 pm

avoidconfusion wrote:

Well if he keeps on playing like that for Santos and Brazil I reckon we can get 25m for him.... hopefully. haha
I'm hoping that we will be playing Barca next year in the chumps league. Therefore I would rather keep him, it's not like we need the money.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Citeh&Crew wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Green & Blue wrote:

And they probably have one of the best goalies in the world aswell behind them

Their back 4 have been skinned on many occasions in the qualifiers but like last night, when 2 very decent headers of the ball missed 2 chances they'd normally score & also other chances like when Robbie Keane was stood in the box with the ball at his feet but cocked up etc, so far they've got away with it. There's been a real lack of quality in the Sth American qualifiers due to Maradona destroying Argentina & Brazil have had an easy ride but rarely looked very good.

If they don't improve a lot from their standard of the last couple of years, they're in for a big shock when the top European & African sides get stuck into them in real games as opposed to friendlies.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum