Please let us attack, Mr Mancini...

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Please let us attack, Mr Mancini...

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:39 am

RSC needs a run in the side. He hasnt played regulally for over a year now.

But for that to happen he needs to start showing more when he does get a chance. Most of the time he comes into the team and looks average.

Today he helped the team when he came on apart from that ridiculous cross he kicked straight out and the 'effort' he blazed over at the end but i dont think he's a good enough player to be a regular.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:52 am

Grob wrote:RSC needs a run in the side. He hasnt played regulally for over a year now.

But for that to happen he needs to start showing more when he does get a chance. Most of the time he comes into the team and looks average.

Today he helped the team when he came on apart from that ridiculous cross he kicked straight out and the 'effort' he blazed over at the end but i dont think he's a good enough player to be a regular.

YOU SAY HE NEEDS A RUN IN THE SIDE AND THEN FINISH OFF WITH YOU DONT THINK HES A GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER TO BE A REGULAR??????

HOW "REGULAR" WOULD YOU LIKE HIM TO BE?

IMO HE SHOULD ONLY BE USED WHEN WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTION TILL THE END OF THE SEASON...PERSONNALY I DO NOT RATE HIM AND CANNOT SEE HIM IN OUR SIDE NEXT YEAR.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:06 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Grob wrote:RSC needs a run in the side. He hasnt played regulally for over a year now.

YOU SAY HE NEEDS A RUN IN THE SIDE AND THEN FINISH OFF WITH YOU DONT THINK HES A GOOD ENOUGH PLAYER TO BE A REGULAR??????

IMO HE SHOULD ONLY BE USED WHEN WE HAVE NO OTHER OPTION TILL THE END OF THE SEASON...PERSONNALY I DO NOT RATE HIM AND CANNOT SEE HIM IN OUR SIDE NEXT YEAR.

Im saying he needs a run of games in the side to prove himself but to deserve that run of games he needs to start showing more in the cameo chances he does get to merit it.

Not a difficult concept to grasp
Grob

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:30 am

Grob wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Im saying he needs a run of games in the side to prove himself but to deserve that run of games he needs to start showing more in the cameo chances he does get to merit it.

Not a difficult concept to grasp

SUCH A CONDESCENDING CUNT ARNT YOU.

HIS CAMEO APPEARENCIES HAVE SO FAR BEEN AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE, SO BASED ON THAT HE SHOULDNT BE GIVEN A RUN OF GAMES..AT LEAST NOT FOR THE REMAINING GAMES WE HAVE THIS SEASON--------- WE CANNOT AFFORD TO.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:58 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:HIS CAMEO APPEARENCIES HAVE SO FAR BEEN AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE, SO BASED ON THAT HE SHOULDNT BE GIVEN A RUN OF GAMES..AT LEAST NOT FOR THE REMAINING GAMES WE HAVE THIS SEASON--------- WE CANNOT AFFORD TO.

If I'd spent money on a player, I'd at least give him a run of games in the team to show what he can do. A big awkward striker is at least a different option you can call on when situations demand something that you haven't already tried. And if the back four are going to insist on smacking the ball long and high up the field...

Can I remind folk that Tevez looked no more than average until he got a run of games under his belt?
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Grob » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:11 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:HIS CAMEO APPEARENCIES HAVE SO FAR BEEN AVERAGE TO BELOW AVERAGE, SO BASED ON THAT HE SHOULDNT BE GIVEN A RUN OF GAMES..AT LEAST NOT FOR THE REMAINING GAMES WE HAVE THIS SEASON--------- WE CANNOT AFFORD TO.

Which is what i said

Cunt
Grob

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:23 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Thought RSC did a great job as a target man & the chest flick he did to create one chance was the highlight of the game for me apart from the goal. He was guilty of a bad finish when he should have done a lot better though, as were Tevez & Bellamy. I suppose if everyone crucifies him for it & lets them off it'll help the team though.

Mancini's got a catch 22 in that Hughes was sacked mainly down to individuals making mistakes & he knows that our defenders are likely to make plenty of those mistakes again if he doesn't use the midfield to protect them. What's actually happening though is they're still making them; not quite as many but still enough to cost us. Imo we still need several goals to win a game so we may as well just attack & see where it takes us.

HIS JOB IS TO SCORE GOALS MATE...THATS WHAT 17 MILLION POUNDS WENT ON.
HE MISSED A SITTER AND FUCKED UP 2 MORE TIMES ..ONE WHEN HE CROSSED INTO ROW Z AND THE LAST MINITE OF EXTRA TIME HE KICKED IT INTO THE CAR PARK INSTEAD OF SHOWING A LITTLE COMPOSURE...........

ALL THIS TARGET MAN BOLLOKS IS OVERRATED...HES A FORWARD...HIS JOB IS TO SCORE.

It is PART of his job to score & he'll probably get his fair share if he plays but the main reason he was signed was to do exactly what he did; be a target man. Apart from a few mistakes like the ones you've highlighted, he made life really difficult for Sunderland's CB's & created loads of new space for Bellamy & Tevez. Did they use it well? Did they fuck they wasted the ball in great positions, failed to score from good positions & admittedly RSC did the same thing a couple of times, which is all it was, 2-3 times, no worse than them whatsoever. I expect them to be better than him. I expect him to help get them the ball so they can do their stuff. He did, they didn't. They will if the system continues.

RSC changed the whole game when he came on & people know it but are slating him anyway because 'anyone else could do it?' Who? Who the fuck ever gets on the end of anything for City & starts moves in the oppo's half? Adebayor? Never. When have we ever had anyone who does it? We've signed loads of players to try but none could. Well he just did. I saw him do it loads of times.

Without him I doubt we'd've even bothered Sunderland with our various assorted dwarves getting tackled every time they tried to run with the ball on a sticky pitch, we were creating nothing, nothing whatsoever until he started doing it. People can slag him all they want but Mancini will have seen that.

If they do want him to score btw, or anyone else for that matter, how about someone, anyone, putting in one decent cross, that actually goes to one of our players, like Gary fucking Neville does all day, just one, ONE in 90 mins?
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Kladze » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Thought RSC did a great job as a target man & the chest flick he did to create one chance was the highlight of the game for me apart from the goal. He was guilty of a bad finish when he should have done a lot better though, as were Tevez & Bellamy. I suppose if everyone crucifies him for it & lets them off it'll help the team though.

Mancini's got a catch 22 in that Hughes was sacked mainly down to individuals making mistakes & he knows that our defenders are likely to make plenty of those mistakes again if he doesn't use the midfield to protect them. What's actually happening though is they're still making them; not quite as many but still enough to cost us. Imo we still need several goals to win a game so we may as well just attack & see where it takes us.

HIS JOB IS TO SCORE GOALS MATE...THATS WHAT 17 MILLION POUNDS WENT ON.
HE MISSED A SITTER AND FUCKED UP 2 MORE TIMES ..ONE WHEN HE CROSSED INTO ROW Z AND THE LAST MINITE OF EXTRA TIME HE KICKED IT INTO THE CAR PARK INSTEAD OF SHOWING A LITTLE COMPOSURE...........

ALL THIS TARGET MAN BOLLOKS IS OVERRATED...HES A FORWARD...HIS JOB IS TO SCORE.

It is PART of his job to score & he'll probably get his fair share if he plays but the main reason he was signed was to do exactly what he did; be a target man. Apart from a few mistakes like the ones you've highlighted, he made life really difficult for Sunderland's CB's & created loads of new space for Bellamy & Tevez. Did they use it well? Did they fuck they wasted the ball in great positions, failed to score from good positions & admittedly RSC did the same thing a couple of times, which is all it was, 2-3 times, no worse than them whatsoever. I expect them to be better than him. I expect him to help get them the ball so they can do their stuff. He did, they didn't. They will if the system continues.

RSC changed the whole game when he came on & people know it but are slating him anyway because 'anyone else could do it?' Who? Who the fuck ever gets on the end of anything for City & starts moves in the oppo's half? Adebayor? Never. When have we ever had anyone who does it? We've signed loads of players to try but none could. Well he just did. I saw him do it loads of times.

Without him I doubt we'd've even bothered Sunderland with our various assorted dwarves getting tackled every time they tried to run with the ball on a sticky pitch, we were creating nothing, nothing whatsoever until he started doing it. People can slag him all they want but Mancini will have seen that.

If they do want him to score btw, or anyone else for that matter, how about someone, anyone, putting in one decent cross, that actually goes to one of our players, like Gary fucking Neville does all day, just one, ONE in 90 mins?

You're probably wasting your typing fingers Ted but well said anyway.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:10 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:I THINK YOU WILL FIND THE MAJORITY OF CITY FANS AGREE WITH ME IN THAT RSC IS A WASTE OF SPACE.

ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT MATE. HE GAVE US A PROPER SHAPE THAT WE HAD BEEN LACKING, IF YOU COULD NOT SEE THAT I DO NOT KNOW WHAT GAME YOU WERE WATCHING.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Bingo Lewis » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:37 am

Ted Hughes wrote:It is PART of his job to score & he'll probably get his fair share if he plays but the main reason he was signed was to do exactly what he did; be a target man. Apart from a few mistakes like the ones you've highlighted, he made life really difficult for Sunderland's CB's & created loads of new space for Bellamy & Tevez. Did they use it well? Did they fuck they wasted the ball in great positions, failed to score from good positions & admittedly RSC did the same thing a couple of times, which is all it was, 2-3 times, no worse than them whatsoever. I expect them to be better than him. I expect him to help get them the ball so they can do their stuff. He did, they didn't. They will if the system continues.

I agree with you Ted. Tevez, Bellers and SWP were all worse than RSC yesterday. Yes, he fucked up, but at least he got into the positions. before that we weren't getting anywhere.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:57 am

Bingo Lewis wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:It is PART of his job to score & he'll probably get his fair share if he plays but the main reason he was signed was to do exactly what he did; be a target man. Apart from a few mistakes like the ones you've highlighted, he made life really difficult for Sunderland's CB's & created loads of new space for Bellamy & Tevez. Did they use it well? Did they fuck they wasted the ball in great positions, failed to score from good positions & admittedly RSC did the same thing a couple of times, which is all it was, 2-3 times, no worse than them whatsoever. I expect them to be better than him. I expect him to help get them the ball so they can do their stuff. He did, they didn't. They will if the system continues.

I agree with you Ted. Tevez, Bellers and SWP were all worse than RSC yesterday. Yes, he fucked up, but at least he got into the positions. before that we weren't getting anywhere.

Steve Bruce: "They brought on Roque Santa Cruz and he helped change things around for them. Tactically, it made them better and they defended things well, too"
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:58 am

Like its already been said, he did exactly what was needed - retained possession and created space for Tevez and Bellamy.

6 starts, 3 goals and a guy who will not bitch about being on the bench most of the time. We need good cover and its difficult to sign players that will not bitch about not being a regular. People need to have a really good think about the whole concept of strenght in dept.

Its all well and good wanting Tevez and Torres (can you fucking imagine?!!) upfront and having Adebayor and Villa as cover but it simply doesn't happen that way.

He was bought with this in mind and don't let the 17m quid bother you, its not your money and its certainly not his fault. In fact, Bellamy was bought with this in mind, its just that he's had a great season injury-wise and has made the left wing his own, but he said himself at the time that he's under no illusions and "would clean the other players' boots to be part of the success". RSC is the same.

He may be injury prone, but so is Bellamy. Both are very good players, both are committed to the cause and both will miss games through injury.

Leave him alone.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:14 pm

Like the elephant man said I think when RSC came on he did his defesive duties well.Just on the attacking front he seemed a bit of it to me.
And replacing Wayne seemed an attacking enough move by Roberto for me so I think the thread is somewhat harsh if it is suggesting that we were set up negativley.
Rag_hater

Postby dick dastardley » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:22 pm

I dont like RSC he missed a couple yesterday, and he will be injured soon so a long run in the team aint gonna happen, saying that he did bring us an aerial threat in the 2nd half, i do remember seeing RSC sky a cross into the crowd and the camera panned to mancini with his head in his hands!!!!!
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:26 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:

If I'd spent money on a player, I'd at least give him a run of games in the team to show what he can do. A big awkward striker is at least a different option you can call on when situations demand something that you haven't already tried. And if the back four are going to insist on smacking the ball long and high up the field...

Can I remind folk that Tevez looked no more than average until he got a run of games under his belt?

ID AGREE WITH YOU IF WE WERE HALF WAY INTO THE SEASON MATE..BUT WE ARENT ARE WE...WE ONLY HAVE X AMOUNT OF GAMES LEFT AND WE JUST CANNOT AFFORD TO SLIP UP AGAIN AGAINST THE LIKES OF ANOTHER SUNDERLAND.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Citeh&Crew » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Wow.. I hope the bolded parts are examples of some kind of English dry, sarcastic humour that is not meant to be taken seriously, because I have a different perspective, to be sure.

First of all, Bellamy was better than RSC at putting (far more) shots on target than RSC, and Bellers did this while under PRESSURE. Exactly how many shots/crosses did RSC punt out of the stadium, without a man breathing down his neck? Three. He couldn't even put two of his chances on goal, when that is the least he should have accomplished. Tevez had a poor game, I admit, but it is fallacy to compare RSC to Tevez this game, because while RSC did better as a "target" than Tevez, the fact is that Carlos NEVER should have been put in that position in the first place. He is in no way a "target man". (obvious!) Ferguson tried the same ludicrous tactic with Carlos last year, and it didn't work out so well. Why in all hells did Mancini try the same this game? I am at a loss with that one...

Second, for you to "slag off" on Ade, and indirectly attempt to put RSC in his class, tells me that you're not thinking clearly. Yes, Ade DOES hold up the ball, and yes Ade DOES make runs upfield with pace, unlike RSC at the moment. Ade can actually take a ball out of the air, turn on someone, and shoot on target! How you can make the comments about Ade.. I don't get it. The two are not even remotely in the same class right now.

You make fun of "assorted dwarves", who happen to be among the better players in the Prem. Tevez? Class. SWP? Poor form right now, but you should know his ability, and an English international to boot. Adam Johnson? Awesome. Bellamy? How can begin to insult his class? In fact, if Gordon hadn't had the game of his life yesterday, Bellers would have scored twice.

Quit your fallacious thinking, and try to be somewhat objective. RSC may need more time, but he didn't "change the game" on his own. Adam Johnson "changed the game" far more than Roque.
Citeh&Crew

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:07 pm

we were playing shite before RSC came on.

we played much better after he came on.

can you see a tiny little correlation there C&C?
The Man In Blue

Postby Citeh&Crew » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Good gods.. I am still at a loss after reading a few more posts in this thread.

RSC better than Bellers yesterday? WHAT? Insanity!

Bellers was flying down the flank, putting in crosses, tackling, winning corners, putting shots on goal that would have gone in on any other day that Gordon was in keep (because on this day, Craig Gordon had the reflexes of a Cheetah).. are you kidding? RSC held up the ball a few times, but was never, ever a scoring threat, his crossing ability was worse than mine, and he moved like a boulder. (Though this may all change with time)

I think the fact that ANY "target man" (i.e. forward with some inkling of ability that is at least 6' tall) would have "changed the game". I have a tall forward on my rec-league team that would have "changed the game". A statue of a giraffe would have "changed the game".
Citeh&Crew

Postby Citeh&Crew » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:12 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:we were playing shite before RSC came on.

we played much better after he came on.

can you see a tiny little correlation there C&C?

Counter:

we were playing shite before Adam Johnson came on.

we played much better and tied the game after he came on.

can you see a tiny little correlation there MiB?

(No true offense meant towards you.. but I just don't rate RSC well right now, although I hope he returns to his Blackburn form)
Citeh&Crew

Postby The Man In Blue » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:20 pm

no offence taken mate, debate is the life of this place.

i think we played well the whole of the second half though, and i firmly believe RSC had a big part in that. yes he made a hash of a couple of chances but his general play was good, and he caused a lot of problems for the sunderland defence. Bellers, SWP and Tevez are all class players but the Mackems seemed untroubled by them - until RSC came on and roughed their centre halves up a bit, made some space. i'm pretty sure the sunderland defenders will not have enjoyed playing against him one bit.

the goalscoring instinct will improve as his fitness does. i think when (if?) he gets fully fit he will be a great player for us.
The Man In Blue

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum