I watched the match with an in law of Jim

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: I watched the match with an in law of a Legend

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:40 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
btajim wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Why would Cassell as DoF be a bad move?

He'd be out of his depth. Youth Academy Boss through to Director of Football? I'd sooner appoint a Steward to tell Khuldoon what to do.

DO tell me what qualifications does Marwood have over Cassell, who after all is without a doubt one of the best player developers around?

I don't really know who is better suited to the role as I don't know the men or their CVs.

Having said that, I'm not sure being pretty good at youth development qualifies you as director of football.

I've never heard of it being done before and I can't imagine it would be too good an idea. I could be wrong, but I can clearly see why the manager didn't want an academy director being bumped up to director of football, no matter who that manager is. mancini wouldn't have had it, Sven wouldn't have had it, Keegan wouldn't have had it and hughes didn't have it.

What do you mean by you don't Jim Cassell's CV?

Marwood's working experience is working for Cook in Nike. Cassell's working experience is developing dozens of youngsters for us.

You are just trying to wriggle yourself out of the fact that you said Cassell wanted to leave the headquarters. You even went as far as questioning his work for us.

For what it's worth, I don't believe in Director of football system but if we'd have to have one then who's better than Jim? Marwood???? MUAHAHAHAHAH
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Re: I watched the match with an in law of Jim

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 pm

Whats with all these threads about hughes ffs? ;)
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Original Dub wrote:
btajim wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Why would Cassell as DoF be a bad move?

He'd be out of his depth. Youth Academy Boss through to Director of Football? I'd sooner appoint a Steward to tell Khuldoon what to do.

DO tell me what qualifications does Marwood have over Cassell, who after all is without a doubt one of the best player developers around?

I don't really know who is better suited to the role as I don't know the men or their CVs.

Having said that, I'm not sure being pretty good at youth development qualifies you as director of football.

I've never heard of it being done before and I can't imagine it would be too good an idea. I could be wrong, but I can clearly see why the manager didn't want an academy director being bumped up to director of football, no matter who that manager is. mancini wouldn't have had it, Sven wouldn't have had it, Keegan wouldn't have had it and hughes didn't have it.

Marwood's working experience is working for Cook in Nike. Cassell's working experience is developing dozens of youngsters for us.

You are just trying to wriggle yourself out of the fact that you said Cassell wanted to leave the headquarters. You even went as far as questioning his work for us.

For what it's worth, I don't believe in Director of football system but if we'd have to have one then who's better than Jim? Marwood???? MUAHAHAHAHAH

MUAHAHAHAHAH????

I don't know finnish chief but that looks more like a word a kid would use!

Anyway, I'm not trying to wriggle out of anything. I merely pointed out that you said Cassell was fired/moved on agaist his wishes when he turns out all that happened was his route to director of football was blocked and fucking rightly so.

The man has produced some decent talent and I'm grateful for that -we've been through that argument many times - but you say you KNOW that Cassell has a CV better suited to the job than Marwood. You don't have a fucking clue what Marwood's CV is like. You don't know the men either and which one is better suited to a position like that. To say you do is getting way ahead of your station mate.

Now I know you'd love to lick the cheese off Cassell's rim because you bang on about him over and over again, but don't try to tell me you KNOW he is a better qualified Director of Football when you just don't know that.

You tried to tell me before that a club's academy director was more important than the club manager.

In fact, you spout a lot of sensationalist crap, so apologies for refusing to bow down to your "superior knowledge".

MWAHAHAHHAAAAHHHHAAA back at you.
Original Dub

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Do you all believe everything that a complete stranger on an internet forum says without any proof???

I watched the match with an in law of hughes and he said its not true and him and jim were best mates :)

i also shagged cheryl cole last night
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:22 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

MUAHAHAHAHAH????

Anyway, I'm not trying to wriggle out of anything. I merely pointed out that you said Cassell was fired/moved on agaist his wishes when he turns out all that happened was his route to director of football was blocked and fucking rightly so.

The man has produced some decent talent and I'm grateful for that -we've been through that argument many times - but you say you KNOW that Cassell has a CV better suited to the job than Marwood. You don't have a fucking clue what Marwood's CV is like. You don't know the men either and which one is better suited to a position like that. To say you do is getting way ahead of your station mate.

Now I know you'd love to lick the cheese off Cassell's rim because you bang on about him over and over again, but don't try to tell me you KNOW he is a better qualified Director of Football when you just don't know that.

You tried to tell me before that a club's academy director was more important than the club manager.

In fact, you spout a lot of sensationalist crap, so apologies for refusing to bow down to your "superior knowledge".

Of course I do.

Career after retirement
Since retirement, Marwood has written his autobiography, The Life of Brian (ISBN 1-85158-367-X), and has become a commentator on Radio 5 Live, Sky Sports and STAR Sports. He worked as a marketing manager for Nike and was seen on Sky Sports News defending their product with regards to the strength of boot with regards to Wayne Rooney's frequent metatarsal injuries.

Manchester City
Since then, he has joined Manchester City with the title of football administrator, being an ex-colleague of current executive chairman, Garry Cook, at Nike.

Now you know as well.

Here's Jim's CV

Jim Cassell is Youth Academy Director at Manchester City Football Club. He has been responsible for the development of players such as Shaun Wright Phillips, Joey Barton, Stephen Ireland, Nedum Onuoha, Daniel Sturridge, Michael Johnson and Micah Richards and many others.

Cassell was the former Chief Scout at Oldham Athletic A.F.C. where he was responsible for initiating the successful scouting and youth policy. Jim joined Manchester City in July 1997 to oversee the development of the Academy. Jim is a former professional player himself with Bury FC, before retiring due to a knee injury. Jim's entire professional football career began and ended in the 1970-71 season. He played 3 times in the League, including once as substitute.[1]

Jim also has 19 years experience working in local government.

His excellence in Manchester City's youth programme led them to victory in the FA Youth Cup Final in 2008.

Now which one do you think is more suited to oversee player recruitement and developement in Manchester City.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:23 pm

Original Dub wrote:
but don't try to tell me you KNOW he is a better qualified Director of Football when you just don't know that.

In fairness the argument was Cassell has a better CV for the job than Marwood which I think he does.

Whether either man is the best available for a DoF role is I think questionable as is do we want a DoF and if we do how should the role be defined.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

MUAHAHAHAHAH????

Of course I do.

Career after retirement
Since retirement, Marwood has written his autobiography, The Life of Brian (ISBN 1-85158-367-X), and has become a commentator on Radio 5 Live, Sky Sports and STAR Sports. He worked as a marketing manager for Nike and was seen on Sky Sports News defending their product with regards to the strength of boot with regards to Wayne Rooney's frequent metatarsal injuries.

Manchester City
Since then, he has joined Manchester City with the title of football administrator, being an ex-colleague of current executive chairman, Garry Cook, at Nike.

Now you know as well.

Here's Jim's CV

Jim Cassell is Youth Academy Director at Manchester City Football Club. He has been responsible for the development of players such as Shaun Wright Phillips, Joey Barton, Stephen Ireland, Nedum Onuoha, Daniel Sturridge, Michael Johnson and Micah Richards and many others.

Cassell was the former Chief Scout at Oldham Athletic A.F.C. where he was responsible for initiating the successful scouting and youth policy. Jim joined Manchester City in July 1997 to oversee the development of the Academy. Jim is a former professional player himself with Bury FC, before retiring due to a knee injury. Jim's entire professional football career began and ended in the 1970-71 season. He played 3 times in the League, including once as substitute.[1]

Jim also has 19 years experience working in local government.

His excellence in Manchester City's youth programme led them to victory in the FA Youth Cup Final in 2008.

Now which one do you think is more suited to oversee player recruitement and developement in Manchester City.

did you use Wikkipedia??!

Anyway, I don't know mate is the answer. A former professional footballer who was chairman of the PFA for three years and Head of Nike football UK or a youth academy director? I'm not sure like I said, its just that you find it funny that the question is even asked when the people running our club (some of the most successful business men on the planet) went for Marwood!

I'm quite confident there was an interview process and a full background check to see who the best man for the job was.

I don't agree with DoF anyway, but I'm quite amazed that you know for a fact the job should have been Jim Cassells.
Original Dub

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:57 pm

Let's see, some are arguing the toss of who would be better suited to the Football Administrators role, yet it isn't something to discuss. Marwood is the FA whilst Jim is in charge of the World Wide promotion and set-up of the Youth Academy and Policy. The discussion is done and dusted, they've got their respective roles.

However, as Patrick has mentioned, if you have a question to ask on anything related (apart from 'Would Jim have been better?') then just ask. Maybe things like:

How is Jim getting on with his new role and is he happy in it?

or

Have we picked up or in the shout for any potential World Class Players?

or

Has the Sheikh actually started building the infastructure in Abu Dhabi and what are the plans for our UK base?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby BobKowalski » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:24 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Let's see, some are arguing the toss of who would be better suited to the Football Administrators role, yet it isn't something to discuss. Marwood is the FA whilst Jim is in charge of the World Wide promotion and set-up of the Youth Academy and Policy. The discussion is done and dusted, they've got their respective roles.

However, as Patrick has mentioned, if you have a question to ask on anything related (apart from 'Would Jim have been better?') then just ask. Maybe things like:

How is Jim getting on with his new role and is he happy in it?

or

Have we picked up or in the shout for any potential World Class Players?

or

Has the Sheikh actually started building the infastructure in Abu Dhabi and what are the plans for our UK base?

Okay Boss.

Good points :)
BobKowalski

Postby btajim » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:29 pm

btajim wrote:He'd be out of his depth. Youth Academy Boss through to Director of Football? I'd sooner appoint a Steward to tell Khuldoon what to do.

I'm not promoting Marwood ahead of Cassell - although Marwood is an Ex-Pro Footballer, Pundit and former work colleague of Garry Cook! And they said Hughes brought in all his own men...
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:17 pm

Why the fuck should Jim Cassell be director of football ffs? I don't like Marwood having a similar position but at least Marwood played at the top level. What's Cassell ever done outside the academy? Anyone watching the kid's teams ever seen any evidence to suggest any tactical brilliance from ANY of the people in charge EVER? Any evidence of anything they could bring to the 1st team? I certainly haven't.

Scouting, working with kids; yes. Overseeing 1st team matters; absloutely 100% not. Who's stupid fucking idea was that anyway? Was it a leftover from Frank's time? Frank's idea maybe?

Thank Christ that didn't happen.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:39 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Why the fuck should Jim Cassell be director of football ffs? I don't like Marwood having a similar position but at least Marwood played at the top level. What's Cassell ever done outside the academy? Anyone watching the kid's teams ever seen any evidence to suggest any tactical brilliance from ANY of the people in charge EVER? Any evidence of anything they could bring to the 1st team? I certainly haven't.

Scouting, working with kids; yes. Overseeing 1st team matters; absloutely 100% not. Who's stupid fucking idea was that anyway? Was it a leftover from Frank's time? Frank's idea maybe?

Hear Hear

I got laughed at for saying the same thing.
Original Dub

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:Why the fuck should Jim Cassell be director of football ffs? I don't like Marwood having a similar position but at least Marwood played at the top level. What's Cassell ever done outside the academy? Anyone watching the kid's teams ever seen any evidence to suggest any tactical brilliance from ANY of the people in charge EVER? Any evidence of anything they could bring to the 1st team? I certainly haven't.

Hear Hear

We were too polite to laugh at Ted. I did chuckle though especially at the 'seen any evidence to suggest any tactical brilliance from ANY of the people in charge EVER'

"Tomkins! Take your finger out of your ear and listen up. 2nd half we are switching to 4-1-3-2 for the first 20 mins and then I want you and Jenkins to switch flanks with Hugo dropping back into the sweeper position and N'diop going tight on their playmaker. Keep it crisp and fast and if we get the 1 goal cushion revert back to the Gargarin varient on the Catenaccio system with you two - yes you Tompkins - switching back to your original flanks but playing deeper. Got that? Excellent. And Smithy tell your mum not to pack cheese sarnies again. Make it egg mayo next time."
BobKowalski

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:08 pm

BobKowalski wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Hear Hear

We were too polite to laugh at Ted. I did chuckle though especially at the 'seen any evidence to suggest any tactical brilliance from ANY of the people in charge EVER'

"Tomkins! Take your finger out of your ear and listen up. 2nd half we are switching to 4-1-3-2 for the first 20 mins and then I want you and Jenkins to switch flanks with Hugo dropping back into the sweeper position and N'diop going tight on their playmaker. Keep it crisp and fast and if we get the 1 goal cushion revert back to the Gargarin varient on the Catenaccio system with you two - yes you Tompkins - switching back to your original flanks but playing deeper. Got that? Excellent. And Smithy tell your mum not to pack cheese sarnies again. Make it egg mayo next time."

Laughing my fucking arse off!

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Who is this Bob Kawasaki character?

I think he is Antti's alter ego as the Finn always agrees with him and I have visions of him occasionally sex-weeing with pleasure at the kindred spiritedness of it all.

I wanna see those IP addresses boys ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:39 pm

ant london wrote:Who is this Bob Kawasaki character?

I think he is Antti's alter ego as the Finn always agrees with him and I have visions of him occasionally sex-weeing with pleasure at the kindred spiritedness of it all.

I was asked me if I was Jon aka Socrates the other day - I can't be everyone :)

Or can I?
BobKowalski

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:43 pm

BobKowalski wrote:

I was asked me if I was Jon aka Socrates the other day - I can't be everyone :)

Or can I?

I can't decide which would be worse ;-D hahaha
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:09 pm

Antti,
Why the smugness? You seem very ready to accept anything that runs Hughes down from any source. Your personal agenda does seem to take precedence over all else. We understand that you view Hughes as a munich...plus whatever adjective you consider suitable for the occasion.
Why would Jim Cassell's Bro in Law's opinion give rise to your smugness? Unless, as you usually do, treat the opinions of those who agree with you as fact and not opinion.
I don't know the truth...and in fact...neither do you.

...but if it makes you happy....
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:12 pm

HAHA

The man speaks sense all the time.... that's why I agree with him!

Besides name Bob Kowalski makes me think of Vanishing Point (the original, not the shit remake with Viggo Mortensen as Kowalski), one of my all time favourite movies.

john68 wrote:Antti,
Why the smugness? You seem very ready to accept anything that runs Hughes down from any source. Your personal agenda does seem to take precedence over all else. We understand that you view Hughes as a munich...plus whatever adjective you consider suitable for the occasion.
Why would Jim Cassell's Bro in Law's opinion give rise to your smugness? Unless, as you usually do, treat the opinions of those who agree with you as fact and not opinion.
I don't know the truth...and in fact...neither do you.

...but if it makes you happy....

Come on mate, I was just having a laugh with that comment.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby john68 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:28 pm

Antti,
I just didn't believe you were the laughing kind....:-)

Anyway...now that I am officially old....Grumpy is compulsory....the emotion...not the dwarf.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum