l'pool or Rags?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: l'pool or Rags?

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:56 pm

I really dont give a rats arse what other teams do now, if we win our home games and bag 6 points away from home, I believe that is sufficient to get 4th place given that 2 of our home games are against 2 of our rivals, our games in hand are home games, all of which make Liverpool beating United just a nice sideshow.

However, after the champions league draw today, I have to say that a Liverpool win is what I will be praying for. These cunts are highly likely to do a treble with possibly the wankest team in history the way things have panned out this week, and I cannot fucking live with that!!
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby craigmcfc » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:14 pm

Rags for me, anything to help our cause for 4th - I want champions league football however we get it
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby Redna » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:25 pm

This is a new situation for us my friends. Well not completely new but new in a new way if you follow me.
For the last decades I've always been enjoying Rags losing every single game involved but as a new era is on our cards one must reconsider.
BTW I've always dissliked Dippers a tiny bit more than Scum actually hence the big Dippers following here in Sweden.
So this time I'm hoping for a Rag victory.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby mcfc1632 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:59 pm

I am clearly a dinosaur - this is a no-brainer for me - I wish the best for CITY in every game they play and I fucking hate the scum to a level that would seem irrational to the majority of people - even CITY fans.

I do not want them winning another title - that might (would IMO) mean that arrogant red-nosed twat retiring in a blaze of glory - I want him around when we are celebrating winning the PL - without the media saying it only happened because he was not around anymore - I want him around after the scum bubble bursts - not long IMO

I will be pulling for the scouse - with a special hope for broken legs for several players (although my remaining rational braincell will still recognise that a draw would be good)
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby blootoof » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:04 am

mcfc1632 wrote:I am clearly a dinosaur - this is a no-brainer for me - I wish the best for CITY in every game they play and I fucking hate the scum to a level that would seem irrational to the majority of people - even CITY fans.

I do not want them winning another title - that might (would IMO) mean that arrogant red-nosed twat retiring in a blaze of glory - I want him around when we are celebrating winning the PL - without the media saying it only happened because he was not around anymore - I want him around after the scum bubble bursts - not long IMO

I will be pulling for the scouse - with a special hope for broken legs for several players (although my remaining rational braincell will still recognise that a draw would be good)

Nowt wrong with that mate. If I posted what I'd really like to happen I'd probably be arrested
blootoof
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Wooders » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:29 am

Mark ( Blue Army ) wrote:The Rags no doubt, this is about us not them.

absolutely mate agree 100%
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:40 am

Rags but I will wash my mouth out after. It feels dirty wanting them to win but sadly I will be doing it again when they play Spuds. Knowing my luck my City fans jinks will rub off on them and they will loose.
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby ruralblue » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:12 am

A draw. No matter hos much I want the dippers to lose points and couldn't give a fuck about that other team, I could never will them to win. Couple of injuries for both sides too. Torres and Gerrard and Rooney and a.n. other.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:37 am

Still one or two more obsessed with what the RAGs do than wanting us to get to Europe. So if SCUM lose and we lose out on CL by 1 or 2 points that will make those few that went for draw or Scouse win happy will it?

Give me strength.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby glossopblue » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:42 am

could never want a rag victory. if we can't finish 4th on our own merits we don't deserve it!!
glossopblue
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:25 am

glossopblue wrote:could never want a rag victory. if we can't finish 4th on our own merits we don't deserve it!!

IMO we can't really win on our own merits as we are far to inconsistenet and have hardly gone on a run where we win game after game. Sadly I feel we do have to bank on other teams gettng results to help us secure 4th.
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby john@staustell » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:49 am

glossopblue wrote:could never want a rag victory. if we can't finish 4th on our own merits we don't deserve it!!

'Winning on our own merits' is getting more points than Liverpool, Spuds and Villa. If Liverpool lose tomorrow we are more likely to 'win on our own merits'. Isn't that obvious? they're not out to do us favours.

Scum should win this, they will be favourites, anything else will go against predictions and go against our campaign (our 'merits').

I repeat - some are much more concerned about Scum than us getting a CL place. Just forget it's them and pretend it's another team eh?

If we lose a CL place by one or two points and the Dippers win tomorrow, we'll have another look at this thread.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:59 am

Dippers.
We can overtake them and it will fuck them up and bring them in reach of us.
Rag_hater

Postby branny » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:51 pm

It's all in the wording. It's not about wanting the rags to win, it's about wanting the dippers to lose which would be in our favour. It's about what's best for City. Don't give a toss about anybody else.
Balotelli......that's a brilliant finish.
branny
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: God's own club
My favourite player is: Tueart

Postby Vhero » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:34 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:We did them a dirty favour by beating Chelsea.............................they owe us!

This

Indeed and unlike them we are not obsessed with them if the tables were turned they would rather us lose.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby steveo_88 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:45 pm

Definately the rags for a win or a draw if they can't perform.
South Stand Blue

steveo_88

Supporter of: Jesus Navas
My favourite player is: Eyal Berkovic

Postby Mark Garrett » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Never wanted United to win a game before but will be hoping they stuff Liverpool 4-0 tomorrow. Demoralise the scousers with a big defeat in an important game for them and damage their goal difference to boot. Want us to finish as high as possible so it's a no brainer really as Liverpool are whether we like it or not still in the hunt for 4th and top 6 in general
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:29 am

A draw suits neither of them and will therefore be my result of choice.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:01 am

Looking at the current table - if we finish ahead of Spurs - then we finish ahead of Scouse - they are not the rivals - we just need to win our games

Therefore it follows that (IMO) all CITY fans should be hoping that the scouse dent the title hopes of the rags today
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ant london » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:02 am

mcfc1632 wrote:Looking at the current table - if we finish ahead of Spurs - then we finish ahead of Scouse - they are not the rivals - we just need to win our games

Therefore it follows that (IMO) all CITY fans should be hoping that the scouse dent the title hopes of the rags today

I don't care if United win the title (I'd prefer them not to but, honestly, what's another one when I've seen them win so bloody many).

Nope, for me, it's more important that Liverpool are denied all three points. Even getting a single point is a potential threat to us (as we have no balls) so I want United to turn them over and dry bum them.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum