***Official Match Thread|Shakhtar Donetsk v City***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v City - Pre Match Thread

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:00 am

sheblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Image
Menu
Potato Varenyky (Potato Dumplings)
Cabbage Borshch.
Holubtsi (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls)
Kartoplia Solimkoi (Deep-Fried Straw Potatoes)
Nachynka (Cornbread Stuffing)
Kotlety Po-Kyivskomy (Chicken Kiev)

What is zabba doing there? Hes fifth from the left.
it's his illegitimate twin brother our COO Omar something.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 am

Maybe I'm from a different generation to most on here, but, I'll watch city no matter what competition or who we play. Every game is as important as the last, no matter who we play. It's been like that since I got a season ticket in 89. I watched them in the third tier of English football, why wouldn't I watch them in the Champions League? Yes, I get the UEFA corrupt aspect and all that, but seriously, is that a reason to not support the team you love?

Let's take affordability out of this for a minute. I appreciate some find it difficult to justify the cost of football, and with us being in all competitions till the end of Feb these days, it can get expensive. Gone are the days when our season was over first week in January, and all we had was a relegation battle to look forward to.

But, on the basis of watching your team, especially with the football we offer at the moment....I don't quite understand why people stay away.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:11 am

Elvistheblue wrote:Maybe I'm from a different generation to most on here, but, I'll watch city no matter what competition or who we play. Every game is as important as the last, no matter who we play. It's been like that since I got a season ticket in 89. I watched them in the third tier of English football, why wouldn't I watch them in the Champions League? Yes, I get the UEFA corrupt aspect and all that, but seriously, is that a reason to not support the team you love?

Which poster has said they're not watching City in the Champions League mate?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 am

Mase wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:Maybe I'm from a different generation to most on here, but, I'll watch city no matter what competition or who we play. Every game is as important as the last, no matter who we play. It's been like that since I got a season ticket in 89. I watched them in the third tier of English football, why wouldn't I watch them in the Champions League? Yes, I get the UEFA corrupt aspect and all that, but seriously, is that a reason to not support the team you love?

I can see why you ask that, and maybe I didn't word my response very well. I didn't say there are people on here that don't watch City in the Champions League...although I can see how you interpret my wording. :oops:

There does appear, however, to be some that agree on the reasons for fans staying away, in general, and I think I was merely pointing out that I don't get that attitude. I think you get the gist of my message, regardless of the way it is worded.
Elvistheblue

Postby RodneyRodney » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:33 am

sheblue wrote:
Menu
Cabbage Borshch.

Woodward invited him ; he's stood right in the middle.
"Our planet is a BLUE planet" - Sir David Attenborough
RodneyRodney
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester; Patriots
My favourite player is: Enzo Francescoli

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 am

johnny crossan wrote:How does he get that drink airside?

he would have bought it airside :roll:
Elvistheblue

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:39 am

Elvistheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I can see why you ask that, and maybe I didn't word my response very well. I didn't say there are people on here that don't watch City in the Champions League...although I can see how you interpret my wording. :oops:

There does appear, however, to be some that agree on the reasons for fans staying away, in general, and I think I was merely pointing out that I don't get that attitude. I think you get the gist of my message, regardless of the way it is worded.

I think the problem is - why would someone pay for a ticket to sit there and have a refereeing performance like we've had against Monaco, Liverpool, or Hoff.

I know the season I gave up my season ticket was the season before when we had match changing incorrect decisions pretty much every game go against us. At some point, no matter how much you love City it just doesn't become worth it anymore. You can cheer them on until you lose your voice. But it's it's not an equal playing field with decision making then it's no fun anymore.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:46 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Imagine asking fans to support the team to try help them win this competition, he has some cheek.

Seeing City win it despite the bent bastards is my take. Plus a European trip is a proper treat... love the Cunts League
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:48 am

sheblue wrote:
Menu
Cabbage Borshch.

Buzzer looks like Ediie Munster 1st left..
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:17 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Imagine asking fans to support the team to try help them win this competition, he has some cheek.

If he was told we would not boo the anthem if he took off his fuckign yellow ribbon what would he say ?

We all know the fucking answer to that one dont we !!!

He should respect the fact we just dont like the corrupt cunts just as he doesnt like the corrupt cunts in Spain.

Get on with managing the fuckign team ffs and stop trying to flog a dead horse.!!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:40 pm

Is Gundo still injured?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Mase wrote:Is Gundo still injured?

He didnt travel.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:56 pm

sheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:Is Gundo still injured?

He didnt travel.

Fantastic. I can see a big win then.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:10 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

If he was told we would not boo the anthem if he took off his fuckign yellow ribbon what would he say ?

He should respect the fact we just dont like the corrupt cunts just as he doesnt like the corrupt cunts in Spain.

Get on with managing the fuckign team ffs and stop trying to flog a dead horse.!!

Can’t argue that
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Saul Goodman » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:22 pm

City64 wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:
South Stand Balti wrote:Some pretty pointed comments from Pep there. Seems thoroughly pissed off that the Champs League has not been embraced by all at the club.

Hes speaking directly to the fans who dont show up for CL matches and treat the competition like the first round of the League Cup

Who can blame them, been fucked over one too many times.

Yeah totally fucking amazing experience watching blatant UEFA corruption stop your team progressing , and we have to try and beat the Mancunian rush hour gridlock and pay for the experience to get fucked over . Might aswell watch it on tv like most do these days ! :roll:

How much are home CL tickets if you have a ST?
Saul Goodman
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:24 pm

wet wet wet

Watch on youtube.com
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:38 pm

Mase wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I think the problem is - why would someone pay for a ticket to sit there and have a refereeing performance like we've had against Monaco, Liverpool, or Hoff.

I know the season I gave up my season ticket was the season before when we had match changing incorrect decisions pretty much every game go against us. At some point, no matter how much you love City it just doesn't become worth it anymore. You can cheer them on until you lose your voice. But it's it's not an equal playing field with decision making then it's no fun anymore.

I can see why a few dodgy ref decisions can be frustrating, but giving up your season ticket as a result? I don't understand that. Is that just me?

Should we not be getting away from this 'we're hard done by' attitude....stop booing the UEFA Anthem, and get on with supporting the team? Maybe Pep is right, and we should get behind the team more in Europe. Have we thought that the booing is actually the reason UEFA may hate us? Is it any wonder we get bad decisions. I'm not siding with UEFA by the way, I think they are a bunch of useless twats as well, but to have them dictate whether I would renew my Season Ticket....I'm not having that.

Anyway, this is probably going off topic......Does anyone know what terminal the team usually fly out from on European games?
Elvistheblue

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:

I can see why a few dodgy ref decisions can be frustrating, but giving up your season ticket as a result? I don't understand that. Is that just me?

Should we not be getting away from this 'we're hard done by' attitude....stop booing the UEFA Anthem, and get on with supporting the team? Maybe Pep is right, and we should get behind the team more in Europe. Have we thought that the booing is actually the reason UEFA may hate us? Is it any wonder we get bad decisions. I'm not siding with UEFA by the way, I think they are a bunch of useless twats as well, but to have them dictate whether I would renew my Season Ticket....I'm not having that.

Anyway, this is probably going off topic......Does anyone know what terminal the team usually fly out from on European games?

I would venture to suggest that corrupt football bodies, bent refs and a hostile media are reasons for sticking with our club rather than abandoning it.
Personal enjoyment has never had anything to do with supporting City :D
Last edited by johnny crossan on Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He said nothing about the booing Carl, did you watch the video?
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:55 pm

at fifteen sniffs you can't complain about the cost.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum