ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ISTANBUL WE ARE COMING

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 18, 2023 1:02 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
stupot wrote:When the quarter final/ semi final draw was made we knew to get to the final we'd have to beat the toughest 2 teams in Bayern and likely Real which it ended up being.
Everyone thought whoever got through would be facing Napoli who've looked fantastic this season. Them getting knocked out by Milan was like us getting beat by Chelsea when we were miles ahead in the league.
Inter have lost 11 league games this season. There's no way he's messing around with the team for the final. If we beat the rags we'll win the treble comfortably in my opinion.

No ' if '- there will be red dust under our heels on the way to Istanbul :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 18, 2023 1:02 pm

stupot wrote:When the quarter final/ semi final draw was made we knew to get to the final we'd have to beat the toughest 2 teams in Bayern and likely Real which it ended up being.
Everyone thought whoever got through would be facing Napoli who've looked fantastic this season. Them getting knocked out by Milan was like us getting beat by Chelsea when we were miles ahead in the league.
Inter have lost 11 league games this season. There's no way he's messing around with the team for the final. If we beat the rags we'll win the treble comfortably in my opinion.

No ' if '- there will be red dust under our heels on the way to Istanbul :D
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby PeterParker » Thu May 18, 2023 1:24 pm

The cunts from the media are smart.
See Jordan who started with "we are the best team, we should blow away Inter and rags, if not is only us to blame".

Watch the narrative in the next three weeks. This is how they are going to do it.
Build pressure around the boys with this.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby salford city » Thu May 18, 2023 1:32 pm

The excuses are rolling in from the red shite media. If we equal their legacy, theirs will still be better as they won it with a group of kids. I looked the starting 11 up for their chumps league final and it contained 4 - no mean feat but don't let the detail get in the way. Let's get Chelsea ticked off, rest and concentrate on those red bastards
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby salford city » Thu May 18, 2023 1:33 pm

Just read we are drawn as the home team for this tickets and travel to be announced tomorrow
salford city

Postby stupot » Thu May 18, 2023 1:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:

See Jordan who started with "we are the best team, we should blow away Inter and rags, if not is only us to blame".

Watch the narrative in the next three weeks. This is how they are going to do it.

Pep's smarter mate. It feels different now somehow. We're just on it. Brilliant against Arsenal, Bayern and RM. League games around those CL games which in the past we might have struggled. Different players stepping up to the mark.
I'm more worried about Wembley as it's their only chance to stop years of piss taking and they know if and when we win the other 2 if they stop us winning the treble we'll never hear the end of it.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby johnny crossan » Thu May 18, 2023 1:40 pm

PeterParker wrote:

Jordan & White are paid to pump out the distilled ordure of cartel anti-City propaganda. They are just a couple of the host of shills stinking out our foreign owned media with lies. "Tainted" is the Pavlovian trigger word they are currently implanting into the microscopic brains of their red herd target audience. In a few years time when the US clubs' rigged PL 'charges' disappear along with their Hedge Fund backers you'll hear no apologies from these scummy parasites.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Nick » Thu May 18, 2023 5:09 pm

Finally booked after many fuck ups
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby CTID Hants » Thu May 18, 2023 5:42 pm

Nick wrote:Finally booked after many fuck ups

Do you have enough points to get a ticket? Or are you going to just for atmosphere?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby zuricity » Thu May 18, 2023 5:56 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Nick wrote:Finally booked after many fuck ups

Do you have enough points to get a ticket? Or are you going to just for atmosphere?

We have 20,000 tickets allocated. Unlike with Klipperty suggesting Scouse2 fans should go along to Paris for a weekend out and it being easy to get to ( Paris) driving or with the trains , coaches etc, Istanbul is quite far away by Car , bus etc . Talking to some fans at home today, the thinking is that it might be quite easy to get tickets.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Nick » Thu May 18, 2023 7:03 pm

Not enough points / well not on cup scheme but hoping my mate gets me one if his dad doesn't go or get one somehow

Went to Porto and watched it in a fan park
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Thu May 18, 2023 7:40 pm

I have zero hope of getting a ticket (not a member) but I am toying with the idea of flying out for the day for the atmosphere. Don't seem to be any direct flights to Istanbul that day yet however.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 19, 2023 6:45 am

KinkyKinkladze wrote:I have zero hope of getting a ticket (not a member) but I am toying with the idea of flying out for the day for the atmosphere. Don't seem to be any direct flights to Istanbul that day yet however.

I had the same issue. Weird since I am going from Bucharest, and decided to go by car a few days earlier. But I am still waiting for the official confirmation after the second part of the elections in Turkey. They will be on the 28.

UEFA should really come out and confirm the venue because people will spend and a refund from the air companies is harder than ever now.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby sheblue » Fri May 19, 2023 8:57 am

You would have to question as to why the final is even being held there.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Fri May 19, 2023 9:34 am

PeterParker wrote:
KinkyKinkladze wrote:I have zero hope of getting a ticket (not a member) but I am toying with the idea of flying out for the day for the atmosphere. Don't seem to be any direct flights to Istanbul that day yet however.

I had the same issue. Weird since I am going from Bucharest, and decided to go by car a few days earlier. But I am still waiting for the official confirmation after the second part of the elections in Turkey. They will be on the 28.

UEFA should really come out and confirm the venue because people will spend and a refund from the air companies is harder than ever now.

I saw it mentioned in the MEN, that Uefa had absolutely confirmed this before Wednesday's game? City are due to release ticket and travel packages today
salford city

Postby nottsblue » Fri May 19, 2023 9:51 am

sheblue wrote:You would have to question as to why the final is even being held there.

An appalling decision with no thought whatsoever to either the travelling teams or match goers

It should be held in Western Europe every year
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 19, 2023 12:45 pm

salford city wrote:
PeterParker wrote:

I saw it mentioned in the MEN, that Uefa had absolutely confirmed this before Wednesday's game? City are due to release ticket and travel packages today

Can you share a link? I must have missed it.

I don't think it's that simple, to be honest. For example, Twatter limited the information coming from Turkey on Sunday, when the first round of the elections were held. Musk and his ideas.

But the accommodations were cheap. Found something in march, agree, but excellent price.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby salford city » Fri May 19, 2023 12:57 pm

salford city

Postby KinkyKinkladze » Fri May 19, 2023 3:22 pm

9 airlines will open up direct flights to Istanbul from Manchester solely for the champions League weekend. Will all be scheduled and announced soon.
KinkyKinkladze
De Jong's Tackle

Postby PeterParker » Fri May 19, 2023 3:29 pm

salford city wrote:https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-champions-league-istanbul-26901131.amp?utm_source=mynewsassistant.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=embedded_search_item_mobile

Cheers.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum