*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby john@staustell » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 am

Slim wrote:
obmcfc wrote:City fan since Sept 2008 (honest) originally from Potatoland, live/work in London now - member of London Supporters Club and try to get to at least 10-12 games a year

Member of most City forums as can never have enough City - please be gentle

There, it's believable now.

That's not very gentle Slim.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby Evenmydoghatesunited » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:07 am

Gary Neville is apparently growing a moustache for Movember. All around collapse in general mirth.
Evenmydoghatesunited
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: Franny Lee

Postby Nigels Tackle » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:39 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:
obmcfc wrote:City fan since Sept 2008 (honest) originally from Potatoland, live/work in London now - member of London Supporters Club and try to get to at least 10-12 games a year

how many games you been to/planning to go to this season then slim? ;-)
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby Patrick » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:

Keep having a go at one of the lads and you gonna get banned
Standing in the Naughty Corner since 1961
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Citeh
My favourite player is: Joe Hart

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Patrick wrote:
Nigels Tackle wrote:
john@staustell wrote:
Slim wrote:

Keep having a go at one of the lads and you gonna get banned

a) It was a joke and as some of you know, that was me being gentle.

b) While I don't get to games from the other side of the world, I am up at 2:30am in the morning to see the Napoli game which starts at 3:45am and have done this for every single game for the last six years including getting up to hear the radio5 commentary because no broadcast existed(to my knowledge, shawzy came through late with a stream). When you moan about lunchtime kickoffs, I see a decent night's sleep, and a late sunday game might be a slight inconvenience for you, but for me it ruins two days. That's not even getting into the midweek matches. As City fans we are loyal beasts of burden at the best of times, but in that echelon, I am fucking king and don't you forget it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:17 pm

Slim wrote:

b) While I don't get to games from the other side of the world, I am up at 2:30am in the morning to see the Napoli game which starts at 3:45am and have done this for every single game for the last six years including getting up to hear the radio5 commentary because no broadcast existed(to my knowledge, shawzy came through late with a stream). When you moan about lunchtime kickoffs, I see a decent night's sleep, and a late sunday game might be a slight inconvenience for you, but for me it ruins two days. That's not even getting into the midweek matches. As City fans we are loyal beasts of burden at the best of times, but in that echelon, I am fucking king and don't you forget it.

don't doubt your commitment, can't forgive tautology
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Arjan Van Schotte » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:26 pm

slim - that's very laudable. but when you finally get a fucking job you'll be watching the highlights, and you know it.
"Whatever it is that we "bought" - we didn't put it up for sale..."

Arjan Van Schotte
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Манчестер Сити

Postby Patrick » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:49 pm

Slim wrote:

Proper greenies never explain
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:15 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Slim wrote:

Either I don't understand what tautology means, or you don't, or I don't see it, or it isn't there but you think it is.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:02 am

Slim wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Slim wrote:

Either I don't understand what tautology means, or you don't, or I don't see it, or it isn't there but you think it is.

2:30 am in the morning, what would you call it?
Although I'm having a word with myself for being a twat
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:04 am

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Slim wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Slim wrote:

2:30 am in the morning, what would you call it?
Although I'm having a word with myself for being a twat

Ahhhh, I would call that being up at 2:30am....in the morning.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Patrick » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:28 pm

no wonder you made 20k posts - about half of them are in the new members introduce yourself thread - get it sorted and make the big speech
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Slim » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Patrick wrote:no wonder you made 20k posts - about half of them are in the new members introduce yourself thread - get it sorted and make the big speech

Can't I just cut and paste your "I shat myself" post? Seems as worthy as anything posted in the last 10K of mine.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Patrick » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Slim wrote:
Patrick wrote:no wonder you made 20k posts - about half of them are in the new members introduce yourself thread - get it sorted and make the big speech

Can't I just cut and paste your "I shat myself" post? Seems as worthy as anything posted in the last 10K of mine.

You need to include the photo of your room with the ceiling falling in.... Has your accommodation reflected city's roller coaster over the last few years?
Patrick
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi my name is Bianchi. I used to wear snoods but they seem kinda too fashionable know what I mean?...so I shall stick to scarves. Hi anyway.
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi, my names Beefy and I'm a ManCityFans-a-holic! Please take it easy with me as I'm going through a delicate phase at the moment, I keep thinking we are Top of the League and clear by 4 points. I'm on med's so please excuse my delusion.

And Slim, where's that 20K post, you lazy git!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Jaymz » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:08 am

Aloha, my name is James, Man City fan for 14 years, live in South Wales but my old man is a Manc. Nice to see us playing our arses off these last 2 years, here's to hoping for more success for the moons :)

As you can imagine, living in Swansea there isnt many Man C fans so I joined to have a chat and share some opinions :)
Jaymz
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:22 am

Jaymz wrote:Aloha, my name is James, Man City fan for 14 years, live in South Wales but my old man is a Manc. Nice to see us playing our arses off these last 2 years, here's to hoping for more success for the moons :)

As you can imagine, living in Swansea there isnt many Man C fans so I joined to have a chat and share some opinions :)

Glad to see you followed your dad. My kids had to, or I'd have thrown them out!

Lets see 14 years? You must have joined at what I regard as our darkest hours ever. Fair play indeed!
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Slim » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:28 am

john@staustell wrote:
Jaymz wrote:Aloha, my name is James, Man City fan for 14 years, live in South Wales but my old man is a Manc. Nice to see us playing our arses off these last 2 years, here's to hoping for more success for the moons :)

Glad to see you followed your dad. My kids had to, or I'd have thrown them out!

Lets see 14 years? You must have joined at what I regard as our darkest hours ever. Fair play indeed!

How do you know he started supporting us on the 22nd December?
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueinBosnia » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:33 pm

Jaymz wrote:As you can imagine, living in Swansea there isnt many Man C fans so I joined to have a chat and share some opinions :)

I always thought the same growing up in Llanelli, but turns out there's a lot more than you think down that way.

I remember my first encounter with other City fans in town- I bumped into a group of about 6-8 people all decked out in that maroon Umbro bomber jacket we had when Rosler was playing for us. Saw them around the town centre two or three times after that, in similar getup, but always from the current season. Apart from their group ambles through the town centre, I never saw them elsewhere.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum